LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

2 hours ago, Coochuck said:

Following this thread...loving the photo's and information!!  We will be going on the Radiance in October for the Canal Passage from San Diego to Tampa.  It's looking like Starlink isn't working to well on the ship.  We usually get the internet package...I"m questioning if it's worth it.  On bad days where the internet is out much of the day is Royal reimbursing you for a days outage...I have seen them do that before on some Transatlantic and Transpacific voyages.

We'll be there also.  Boarding in Vancouver.  And we've gotten credits for non-working internet

• Like 1

Somewhere, someone asked about Radiance in Alaska and kids being allowed in the solarium.

I have seen this before where there was an hour at specific times when kids were allowed into the solarium pool.  I asked our CD Mark about it just now.  He confirmed that is usually the case.  He leaves in a few more weeks so he won't be the CD for much of the upcoming Alaska season but there should be times that vary where kids are allowed into the solarium.  

On Millie I recall it being 4 - 5 pm sort of thing.  I should have my cruise compasses from Radiance in Alaska in 2019 that I can look for when I get home.  

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We'll be there also.  Boarding in Vancouver.  And we've gotten credits for non-working internet

We will be Boarding in Vancouver also...first B2B for us.  Got great Air Fares from Philly to Vancouver on American.  Should be fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

We will be Boarding in Vancouver also...first B2B for us.  Got great Air Fares from Philly to Vancouver on American.  Should be fun.

We arrive Vancouver Tuesday night.  Using points.  We were spoiled when we lived in NJ and could fly nonstop from Newark.  From Nashville we have to change plans. The other 2 couples we're traveling with for the first cruise,  arrive Wednesday.  From Tampa we head to Hilton Head with a rental car for a meeting and then a drive home. 

Btw b2b cruises are nice.

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Somewhere, someone asked about Radiance in Alaska and kids being allowed in the solarium.

I have seen this before where there was an hour at specific times when kids were allowed into the solarium pool.  I asked our CD Mark about it just now.  He confirmed that is usually the case.  He leaves in a few more weeks so he won't be the CD for much of the upcoming Alaska season but there should be times that vary where kids are allowed into the solarium.  

On Millie I recall it being 4 - 5 pm sort of thing.  I should have my cruise compasses from Radiance in Alaska in 2019 that I can look for when I get home.  

Agree, even experienced that couple times when on Caribbean Cruise had multiple days of rain. On Sea Days open 2hrs at a time for Kids is what I remember. Also on Boston to Florida Repo's out of Boston on Day 2

Through the salt soaked windows I spotted this:

20230506_063711.thumb.jpg.f8322019130430a951155c0027d1cf86.jpg

I'm no expert but that appears to electrical connections they are preparing for us. 

20230506_063717.thumb.jpg.f09e51088e7e1e8e982e43d1d53cc82f.jpg

20230506_063758.thumb.jpg.4da62eddde9e88b1e8311dec250e7471.jpg

20230506_064238.thumb.jpg.570ed749505c2db2e927bbcba44bc664.jpg

20230506_064251.thumb.jpg.eaa91ed7f486f5994bd390b1c34c6f87.jpg

20230506_064331.thumb.jpg.e55d7d24d3e13c49ccd44e5fceb3a5c8.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, twangster said:

I saw the infamous green flash. 

I've been looking for it for 25 years, have seen it twice, but never got it on camera.  I'm told it's impossible on a ship because of the movement.  From Hawaii:

green flash.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1