Disembarkation question

Rxgrad98

We are sailing on the Infinity next year and we arrive back into our disembarkation port, Piraeus, on March 3, 2024, the day before disembarkation, March 4, 2024.  I can't get a clear answer on what time we can leave the ship on March 4.  Celebrity is only offering flights that depart after 12pm which would delay us getting home until March 5.  My TA says I should be able to depart at anytime on the 4th as the ship should have already cleared customs.  I was on the phone with Celebrity yesterday for over an hour only to be given a "we can't guarantee you can get off the ship in the early morning hours" to make a 6am, 7am flight.  We would prefer to get back home on the 4th.

Has anyone had experience spending the last night of the cruise in the disembarkation port?  What time were you able to get off the ship?  Thank you in advance for any info.  Appreciate it.

We had a cruise that ended in Stockholm and the ship arrived the day before.  Since we cleared customs the prior day, we were able to get off the ship at about 4:00 am on departure day to go to the airport to catch an early flight.  

The only small issue is that we were told we could call reception when we wanted to disembark, and they would send someone to help us with our suitcases.  We could not get ahold of anyone at 4:00 am, so we needed to take our suitcases off by ourselves.

11 minutes ago, Rxgrad98 said:

We are sailing on the Infinity next year and we arrive back into our disembarkation port, Piraeus, on March 3, 2024, the day before disembarkation, March 4, 2024.  I can't get a clear answer on what time we can leave the ship on March 4.  Celebrity is only offering flights that depart after 12pm which would delay us getting home until March 5.  My TA says I should be able to depart at anytime on the 4th as the ship should have already cleared customs.  I was on the phone with Celebrity yesterday for over an hour only to be given a "we can't guarantee you can get off the ship in the early morning hours" to make a 6am, 7am flight.  We would prefer to get back home on the 4th.

Has anyone had experience spending the last night of the cruise in the disembarkation port?  What time were you able to get off the ship?  Thank you in advance for any info.  Appreciate it.

Highly unlikely you'd be able make even an 8:00am flight.  

Why can't you do self disembark anytime (3rd or 4th) after you've cleared customs?  I can see Celebrity not offering assistance with luggage if you want to get off the ship prior to the official disembarkation times on the 4th.  

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, Rxgrad98 said:

They will assign departure time based on your flight.  Based on Seattle last year, if you booked a shuttle bus through X, it appeared to us that when you exit the gangway, look for a porter, now matter how few bags you have.  They were whisking those using porters to the head of the line.  Not sure if it is the norm or because it was the year of Covid Startup Cruises.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, cruiserchuck said:

We had a cruise that ended in Stockholm and the ship arrived the day before.  Since we cleared customs the prior day, we were able to get off the ship at about 4:00 am on departure day to go to the airport to catch an early flight.  

The only small issue is that we were told we could call reception when we wanted to disembark, and they would send someone to help us with our suitcases.  We could not get ahold of anyone at 4:00 am, so we needed to take our suitcases off by ourselves.

Thanks cruiserchuck.  Exactly the information I was looking for.  

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

Why can't you do self disembark anytime (3rd or 4th) after you've cleared customs?  I can see Celebrity not offering assistance with luggage if you want to get off the ship prior to the official disembarkation times on the 4th.  

That's my thought as well... why can't you?  But I was hoping for conformation of that instead of just assuming before I put the money down on flights.  

1 minute ago, Rxgrad98 said:

That's my thought as well... why can't you?  But I was hoping for conformation of that instead of just assuming before I put the money down on flights.  

I asked hoping someone with personal experience(s) would be able to answer the question.