Alcohol in the Cabin

lion1956

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can lose the plan without refund for sharing   It used to be unlimited drinks until people stated sharing

I have never known the Plus package to be unlimited, from day 1. It has always been 15 drinks max. 

Or are you talking about the stand alone drinks package? 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I have never known the Plus package to be unlimited, from day 1. It has always been 15 drinks max. 

This was way before Plus packages existed there was only a drink package and it was unlimited with no sharing. Princess brass always said we trust people not to share and 1 or 2 years later there was a limit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

This was way before Plus packages existed there was only a drink package and it was unlimited with no sharing. Princess brass always said we trust people not to share and 1 or 2 years later there was a limit

Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Just off the Discovery this month.  Hubby and I had the drink package, our two table mates in MDR did not.  I tried to order a bottle of champagne to toast our last night together.  The wait staff said "why don't you just use your drink package and order 4 glasses?  Much cheaper!"

We did just that (hubby and I were nowhere near the 15-drink daily drink limit).  It was a nice way to end our cruise and toast new cruise friends!

(Both hubby and I frequently buy drinks for each other in addition to picking up some bottled water.  I sometimes have 6 drinks all at once--doubles for two, water for each.  No one has ever challenged that or told me we couldn't do it.)

There is no limit for water and does not count against your 15. I do not know any champagne by the glass you can get under a Plus package only Prosecco. Any decent champagne on Princess is really only available by the bottle

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no limit for water and does not count against your 15. I do not know any champagne by the glass you can get under a Plus package only Prosecco. Any decent champagne on Princess is really only available by the bottle

Sparkling water does, though?  That's what we usually get.

Not sure what we ended up with--we all had sparkling wine in a champagne flute.  It was more the friendship and what a great cruise than quality of alcohol.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

Just off the Discovery this month.  Hubby and I had the drink package, our two table mates in MDR did not.  I tried to order a bottle of champagne to toast our last night together.  The wait staff said "why don't you just use your drink package and order 4 glasses?  Much cheaper!"

We did just that (hubby and I were nowhere near the 15-drink daily drink limit).  It was a nice way to end our cruise and toast new cruise friends!

(Both hubby and I frequently buy drinks for each other in addition to picking up some bottled water.  I sometimes have 6 drinks all at once--doubles for two, water for each.  No one has ever challenged that or told me we couldn't do it.)

That was nice of them to offer that when they didn't have to. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Both have always been limited on Princess. When NCL started theirs, it was truly unlimited (restricted by price). That obviously caused problems so they established a limit about a year after launch.