Tell me about the Yacht Club Grill on the Meraviglia

LoungerOnBalcony55

Nice breakfast and lunch buffet everyday..I’ve had fresh grilled shrimp, burgers are great, always available at lunch..some other type of roast beast will be out for carving too..sides etc..

Breakfast eggs etc cooked to order too…it’s hard to beat.  Sailed this past January.  

49 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Nice breakfast and lunch buffet everyday..I’ve had fresh grilled shrimp, burgers are great, always available at lunch..some other type of roast beast will be out for carving too..sides etc..

Breakfast eggs etc cooked to order too…it’s hard to beat.  Sailed this past January.  

Anything ever available off the grill besides eggs and burgers? If so I might end up eating most of my meals out there...

19 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Anything ever available off the grill besides eggs and burgers? If so I might end up eating most of my meals out there...

We've had grilled fish, shrimp and lamb chops. There's always some type of meat on a carving station, a salad area with lots of toppings, a few other hot items, breads and of course desserts. If you're still hanging around the pool later in the afternoon, they come around the loungers and serve things like bowls of fresh fruit, cookies, etc. We were on Meraviglia out of Miami in 2021 and loved it. 

13 hours ago, jules815 said:

We've had grilled fish, shrimp and lamb chops. There's always some type of meat on a carving station, a salad area with lots of toppings, a few other hot items, breads and of course desserts. If you're still hanging around the pool later in the afternoon, they come around the loungers and serve things like bowls of fresh fruit, cookies, etc. We were on Meraviglia out of Miami in 2021 and loved it. 

I concur, the food at the pool grill is great! You'll enjoy the YC experience, so try it if you haven't already!

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

I concur, the food at the pool grill is great! You'll enjoy the YC experience, so try it if you haven't already!

I'm looking forward to it! Until a few weeks ago there were insanely cheap rates for YC on the Meraviglia, even for a solo. Easily 1/3 of what the Have would be on NCL. MSC got wise to that and jacked up the prices, so this will probably be my first and only YC experience. 

On 4/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I'm looking forward to it! Until a few weeks ago there were insanely cheap rates for YC on the Meraviglia, even for a solo. Easily 1/3 of what the Have would be on NCL. MSC got wise to that and jacked up the prices, so this will probably be my first and only YC experience. 

We ate Breakfast and Lunch at the YC Grill and it was wonderful. Dinner at the YC Dining Room.

As people have said, it was nice for breakfast and lunch. It was never open for dinner and we found the YC dining room to be extremely slow. So we ended up going to the main buffet for dinner half the time. (On the Seashore, the YC Grill was open for dinner most evenings, but not all evenings, so we missed that. plus it had more shaded seating nearby.)  On our Meraviglia cruise there were only a couple of tables in the YC grill area with shade. Everything else was full sun and you would get hot quickly, even at breakfast.

We've seen or had most of what has already been reported, and also had sea bass, chicken breast, rack of lamb and a small/medium sized filet mignon freshly grilled on order at lunch. Unfortunately, it depends on the ship, Mera provided all of that but not all available every day as you'd expect.

On Seaside Antilles cruise late November 2022 they refused to provide king prawn, filet mignon or rack of lamb which for me are the 'big hitters'. I explained my surprise as we'd had such on other ships, and the response was basically this is not the other ships!! After raising it with the YC Director they offered to serve such privately in our cabin, presumably so that others wouldn't board the bandwagon. We politely refused, because we do not believe in preferential treatment, and again expressed our disbelief which made no difference!

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

I explained my surprise as we'd had such on other ships, and the response was basically this is not the other ships!!

😨 This is shocking!  I've not hear anything about inconsistency on MSC cruises in at least the last two minutes!  The next thing you know, someone is going to say they think service is inconsistent between different butlers.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

.....The next thing you know, someone is going to say they think service is inconsistent between different butlers.

Or that their bedtime chocie has not been placed on pillow, or it is the wrong flavour....and have to walk all the way to the top sail lounge and grab a handful for themselves....😆

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

😨 This is shocking!  I've not hear anything about inconsistency on MSC cruises in at least the last two minutes!....

Maybe they thought I was mscdivina....😨

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

On Seaside Antilles cruise late November 2022 they refused to provide king prawn, filet mignon or rack of lamb which for me are the 'big hitters'. I explained my surprise as we'd had such on other ships, and the response was basically this is not the other ships!!

In the Yacht Club restaurant (not grill) on the Mera, the director offered to make items that were not on the menu with 24 hour request. Now that was for dishes that could have been reasonably made for an individual or couple and they had the items available, and not something that would have required say a whole prime rib to be cooked just for two people when it wasn't on the menu that day, for example. (This was in response to us asking if Prime Rib was on the menu before the end of our cruise, he thought it was but when he checked it wasn't.)

55 minutes ago, jame_g said:

In the Yacht Club restaurant (not grill) on the Mera, the director offered to make items that were not on the menu with 24 hour request...

We even suggested that as an alternative on Seaside, the answer was no but they could serve it in our cabin so no-one else would jump onto the wagon....we do not look for preferential treatment, so that was an unacceptable solution for us!

• Like 1