Disembark at last port?

Hi. We are going in a 6 day cruise from Rome and ends in Rome. Day 6 is in Salerno Italy. Then next day is Rome. Can we disembark in Salerno on Day 6?  We will be going back down there (Sorrento) when we get back to Rome. Would save us a day of traveling. 

15 minutes ago, bulldogz said:

Hi. We are going in a 6 day cruise from Rome and ends in Rome. Day 6 is in Salerno Italy. Then next day is Rome. Can we disembark in Salerno on Day 6?  We will be going back down there (Sorrento) when we get back to Rome. Would save us a day of traveling. 

Royal halted this in December of 2021.  Not sure if they have resumed this or not.

• Like 1

I asked this about Enchantment sailing on April 30. The answer was no to Marseille: the explanation was that CoVid started this policy, understandably. It’s sad, though, that they haven’t changed back. It would have saved me much time, money & grief.

On the Anthem transatlantic this past October, over 200 passengers disembarked early in Boston.  I don't know if there has to be a large number like this for RC to consider it, so it may be worth asking.

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

On the Anthem transatlantic this past October, over 200 passengers disembarked early in Boston.  I don't know if there has to be a large number like this for RC to consider it, so it may be worth asking.

Wouldn’t this have been the first stop in USA and didn’t everyone have to do immigration?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Wouldn’t this have been the first stop in USA and didn’t everyone have to do immigration?

Yes immigration was done in Boston as the first US port even though the last port was Bayonne. The OP here is also looking to disembark early in the same country.

26 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yes immigration was done in Boston as the first US port even though the last port was Bayonne. The OP here is also looking to disembark early in the same country.

I realize that but the protocols in Europe haven’t been the same in my experience. 

Pre-covid many people disembarked in Cadiz when the final destination was Barcelona but I don’t recall the rest of the ship having to do “in-person” immigration, just the normal clearing of the ship from the manifest. However there was customs and immigration for those disembarking but as stated above not sure if that  service has resumed.

I have only sailed “from” Rome so I don’t know what returning protocols are there.

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

I realize that but the protocols in Europe haven’t been the same in my experience. 

Pre-covid many people disembarked in Cadiz when the final destination was Barcelona but I don’t recall the rest of the ship having to do “in-person” immigration, just the normal clearing of the ship from the manifest. However there was customs and immigration for those disembarking but as stated above not sure if that  service has resumed.

I have only sailed “from” Rome so I don’t know what returning protocols are there.

I actually have disembarked early in Europe but on a Princess ship, and it was pre-Covid.....unfortunately I don't recall the immigration process.

We had disembarked in Livorno ( Florence), one day before Civitavecchia  on a Celebrity transatlantic cruise pre covid. You need to get a written approved document from Celebrity / RCI pre cruise. While onboard we re confirmed with GS and someone helped with our luggages on disembarkation day and we just walked off, no immigration process. 

You can fill the request form online if it’s still there (Celebrity used the same form as RCI before)or contact  RCI to check if ‘down  lining’ (disembark early) is still allowed. 

Emergency Travel Team 
Toll Free Number: 1-800-256-6649

• 1 month later...

I just tried to get approval for it on Symphony in the Mediterranean. The response was "will not be allowed as partial sailings are prohibited. Interporting will only be allowed for guests that are embarking on a round-trip cruise from a "port of call" rather than the original embarkation port."

MSC, Virgin, & Princess all allow it but Royal refuses.