Manhattan Terminal to LGA

dsindallas

I’m sailing on Regent for the first time in June on the Navigator and our cruise ends in NYC. I was wondering about the Regent airport transfer service. Does anyone now how soon the Regent shuttles start departing once the ship is cleared and we can disembark? Are they large buses like the other ships use for transfers that they wait to fill up and then leave or if they actually have set departure times for the airports? I’m just trying to decide if we want to use their shuttle or just book a car service to LaGuardia. Also, if anyone has used a car service from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, is it easy to find your driver?

We arrived at Manhattan cruise terminal last September disembarking a Seabourn cruise. Unfortunately, a gigantic Princess cruise was also disembarking. I don’t believe I have ever seen such utter chaos. The cabs and car services were all across the street, hundreds of them. Suggest you check the port schedule for your arrival date. If another large ship is disembarking with you, IMO I would go with the Regent transfer and let them take you by the hand to get on your bus. 

• Like 1

We arrived in NYC for the end of our cruise.  We took the transfer which was a bus.  I felt it was very organized.  Our luggage was already outside, but we could not get on the bus until we verified our luggage getting put on the bus.

Our only issue (which should not be a problem anymore) was that massive construction was going on at LGA.  The bus driver didn't want to take us to the correct terminal.  But he didn't tell us that.  He stopped at a terminal and said it was time to get off.  Several people up front said it wasn't the correct place.  After much discussion and no one moving to get off the bus, he took us to the correct terminal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. According to the MCT schedule, we are the only ship in port that day so it shouldn’t be too bad. I’ll probably end up grabbing an Uber since luggage won’t be a problem. Once again, thanks for the information. 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, dsindallas said:

I’m sailing on Regent for the first time in June on the Navigator and our cruise ends in NYC. I was wondering about the Regent airport transfer service. Does anyone now how soon the Regent shuttles start departing once the ship is cleared and we can disembark? Are they large buses like the other ships use for transfers that they wait to fill up and then leave or if they actually have set departure times for the airports? I’m just trying to decide if we want to use their shuttle or just book a car service to LaGuardia. Also, if anyone has used a car service from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, is it easy to find your driver?

I'm on that cruise as well, and have a tight flight time home (Leaves LGA at 11:49!!, Regent booked flight) I'm crossing my fingers that this will work. Looking forward to this cruise so much!

Ours is at 12:30pm. Everything i have read states that we must be off the ship by 9am. I'm sure we will be off the ship by 8:30 at the very latest and customs usually goes pretty quick these days getting off of cruise ships I'm not sweating it too much. Now ask me if I'm sweating it on disembarkation day. I'm sure I will be then. LOL 

• 3 months later...