Holland America Privileges program

northernphoenix

1 minute ago, Roz said:

What is it?  Never heard of it.

I did a web search.  One link went to 404.  Another link looks suspicious to me. Old cruise critic posts indicate a non-affiliated travel organization 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

This program is still around and is a lot like a Time Share, Sales people selling this are much like selling Time Shares.  Take that for what it is worth. This company is NOT HAL but are DBA under this name with Holland America's authorization and getting a kick back of course. Princess is doing the same.

The company is actually Arriva Inc, they have this program with all the major cruise lines.

Oddly enough they still have an A rating with Better Business Bureau but with plenty of complaints, I think it has probably slowed down because of covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the website line: Something like getting AAA travel discounts with your membership?

arrivia, Inc. d.b.a. Holland America Line PRIVILEGES, is a Registered Seller of Travel in the following states: California: CST 2066521-50; Washington: UBI 602 443 155 001 0001; Hawaii: TAR-5192; Iowa #1324; and Florida: ST29452  (c)2023 arrivia, Inc.

About (found on website)

Holland America Line Privileges is an invitation-only membership where members can earn rewards for their common purchases. Through this special program, members earn cash back on the purchase of hotel reservations, resort stays, guided tours, select wines, and brand name merchandise. These Cash Back rewards get loaded onto a Holland America Line

Edited by 2LoveBikes
Due Typo on 1st draft

20 minutes ago, 2LoveBikes said:

About (found on website)

Holland America Line Privileges is an invitation-only membership where members can earn rewards for their common purchases. Through this special program, members earn cash back on the purchase of hotel reservations, resort stays, guided tours, select wines, and brand name merchandise. These Cash Back rewards get loaded onto a Holland America Line

That was the advertised program…we have a $650.00 cruise credit that seems to be an unknown (even to our PCC).  The most recent info from their website call centre is A) the program is being discontinued, and we will receive the 2023 annual fee plus $650.00 SOON; B: or (as of today) the call centre program membership staff had no idea what I was referring to….we have a long cruise relationship with HAL and this has become a thorn in my paw!!!

5 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

This program is still around and is a lot like a Time Share, Sales people selling this are much like selling Time Shares.  Take that for what it is worth. This company is NOT HAL but are DBA under this name with Holland America's authorization and getting a kick back of course. Princess is doing the same.

The company is actually Arriva Inc, they have this program with all the major cruise lines.

Oddly enough they still have an A rating with Better Business Bureau but with plenty of complaints, I think it has probably slowed down because of covid.

I remember that now, I think it might have been around 2017 or 2018, when they introduced the program, they had a desk where the future cruise consultant sat, the ship I was on had the desk just to the right of the customer service desk.  I think they were handing out free selfie sticks if you went to hear the spiel.  So we went to get the selfie stick and listened to what the person was selling and came to above conclusion it was like a time share so we had no interest in the program what so ever and left without buying into the program.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I remember that now, I think it might have been around 2017 or 2018, when they introduced the program, they had a desk where the future cruise consultant sat, the ship I was on had the desk just to the right of the customer service desk.  I think they were handing out free selfie sticks if you went to hear the spiel.  So we went to get the selfie stick and listened to what the person was selling and came to above conclusion it was like a time share so we had no interest in the program what so ever and left without buying into the program.  

So what exactly was the spiel - pay so much and get two weeks on a HAL ship every year?

46 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I remember that…..like at least 10 years ago when selfie sticks were the rage!  It was several years before the Covid shut down.

Edited by oaktreerb

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

So what exactly was the spiel - pay so much and get two weeks on a HAL ship every year?

I can remember the spiel but it was something like that.  For every dollar one spent on the program, you would get X credit on HAL.  But the rewards back to HAL were low.  

• Thanks 1