Transatlantic and dining packages

For those who have done transatlantics before.. Do you do any of the dining packages? We'll be on the 15 night Odyssey in October and debating if we want to do a 3 night package at $266 for two with gratuity included, the 5 night for $410 with gratuity included, or the 10 nighter for $590 total price, or no dining package at all. There is no unlimited and hasn't been so far. 

We generally do the unlimited dining for most of our week long cruises, but I keep going back and forth on if we want any sort of a package for this long cruise. The 10 nighter seems like the best deal but it's so much food.. 

We have done a 12 night cruise with the package on Symphony, It was to repetitive. 5 night works out great for us, 10 night would be just OK. We always have at least one dinner in Windjammer, many times a Chefs Table one night and a late lunch or early dinner in a port stop. We will purchase a lunch at Jamies or Chop's if we find a good price when we have a 3 night package. I believe there are only 4 restaurants on Odyssey that you can use the package at without a surcharge. Playmakers is a poor choice for using a package night as prices are very low.  

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have done a 12 night cruise with the package on Symphony, It was to repetitive. 5 night works out great for us, 10 night would be just OK. We always have at least one dinner in Windjammer, many times a Chefs Table one night and a late lunch or early dinner in a port stop. We will purchase a lunch at Jamies or Chop's if we find a good price when we have a 3 night package. I believe there are only 4 restaurants on Odyssey that you can use the package at without a surcharge. Playmakers is a poor choice for using a package night as prices are very low.  

Agree. That's why I'm going back and forth on it. Basically giovanni's kitchen, chops, Wonderland, hibachi/Izumi sushi and to your point, playmakers doesn't make sense to use any. The kicker is right now the 3 and 5 night have the 18% gratuity added but the 10 night doesn't add it which makes it a better value. 

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

Agree. That's why I'm going back and forth on it. Basically giovanni's kitchen, chops, Wonderland, hibachi/Izumi sushi and to your point, playmakers doesn't make sense to use any. The kicker is right now the 3 and 5 night have the 18% gratuity added but the 10 night doesn't add it which makes it a better value. 

Hibachi usually has a $15 surcharge on UDP, so this might too. 

33 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

10 night package with no gratuity, I hope people still tip additionally. 

13 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just a oddity but I noticed when booking hibachi lunch the 18% is not added at check out. .yes I'd remember to tip there. Just noticed because other lunches all add 18% when I pre book. 

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

IVe never done a dining package, so I’m not sure if you even get a receipt for the meal….but on the D+ BOGO we still got a receipt that showed what we ate and showed the gratuity., which we added more.  I would be surprised if gratuity isn’t added then.

Edited by lovesthebeach2