Getaway Port Canaveral Disembarking

closecruiser

2 hours ago, sunkey1 said:

We were just on, did not start disembarkation until around 8:15, did self assist. With the lines, did not actually walk off the ship until 9.

Did they  tell you  why disembarkation  was late? 

Our airline moved us to an earlier flight so we scheduled an 8am shuttle. 

9 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Did they  tell you  why disembarkation  was late? 

Our airline moved us to an earlier flight so we scheduled an 8am shuttle. 

8:15 was actually the time that was listed in the debarkation materials that we received the day before we arrived. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

As others have stated, it can vary, but here are the times based on colors:

Self-assist: 8:15am

Light Blue: 9:00am

Purple: 9:20am

Orange: 9:40am

Pink: 9:50am

Brown: 9:50am

Green: 10:00am

There were a couple other Red categories, but I believe those were for people who had excursions or shuttles to the airport.

Our self-assist on Thursday started earlier, but there were a ton of delays announced.  We had Pink and didn't get called to go until 10:30a.  Semis were blocking the access road for pickup/drop-off  only allowing 1 lane of traffic at the port.  It was a mess.  I had to go get a car and come back to pick up my family and waited in line for 45 minutes (exit for Terminal 10 to the pick-up point; approx 1mile distance ).

We also learned they close the stairwells past 7th floor, so we couldn't even take the stairs down to 6 to go to breakfast in the morning (7:15am).   Knowing what I know now, I'd plan for light blue and get to breakfast when they open at 6:30.  Disembarkation was an overall terrible experience (mostly NCL fault, but partly outside forces)

Edited by jsehlmeyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, sunkey1 said:

We were just on, did not start disembarkation until around 8:15, did self assist. With the lines, did not actually walk off the ship until 9.

This was about my experience.  Not counting the announced stoppage from overcrowding.  Being able to carry my bag down the stairs and around the long elevator lines on every single deck made a huge difference.  It was a poor experience.

On 5/13/2023 at 5:01 PM, jsehlmeyer said:

We also learned they close the stairwells past 7th floor, so we couldn't even take the stairs down to 6 to go to breakfast in the morning (7:15am). 

How could they do this?  Wouldn't it create a major safety concern?

It was a mess getting off the ship last Thursday.  We were light blue tags, I think they callled us around 9:15.   There were so many people doing "self assist" that should not have.  If you have 5 suitcases, a stroller, and a baby in your arms check your bags.  If you can't walk and have a mobility scooter or use a walker, check your bags.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wesorbeth said:

It was a mess getting off the ship last Thursday.  We were light blue tags, I think they callled us around 9:15.   There were so many people doing "self assist" that should not have.  If you have 5 suitcases, a stroller, and a baby in your arms check your bags.  If you can't walk and have a mobility scooter or use a walker, check your bags.  

Better yet, leave four suitcases, the stroller, and baby at home! 🙂 Those less mobile may need to get to a plane, so I understand them trying to get off the ship sooner. Frustrating if you're caught behind them, but they have places to be too!