Resort for a Day

DonnaMarieNJ

18 hours ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

Has anyone tried Bay Gardens Beach Resort with Resort for a Day?  If so, I'd like to know how it was before I book.  THANK YOU!

Better is Cap Maison….. Worth the few extra dollars.

• Like 1

Bay Gardens Beach Resort is wonderful, great beachfront location, delicious food, the splash park is fun, or the massage option is very relaxing.  I'd pick it for a fun relaxing day over Cap Maison personally. Watersports available at Reduit Beach (BGBR location), shops nearby, etc.

Cap is lovely, the info above is 6 years old, day passes were discontinued during Covid, although they may be reinstated in some new form... It's small boutique and very quiet. Very good food. 

Royalton has day passes.

Ti Kaye has day passes

Bel Jou, if you're all adults, does day passes . Right in Castries, although not beachfront - beautiful hillside views.

Rendezvous, if all adults, right in Castries, beachfront, and walkable from port. Excellent - top choice if all adults!

Enjoy 

• Like 3

I did contact Cap Maison, but am going with Bay Gardens ONLY due to the price.  The Cap Maison is rated higher, but they told me it would cost me $45 each way for a taxi.  Bay Gardens will pick me up at the ship and the cost is included.  I haven't tried to contact the other ones you mentioned yet.

Thank you everyone.  I have never booked a resort before, nor have I ever used Resort for a Day or Resort Pass.  

Don't even worry about it, Bay Gardens is lovely, the staff is great, food is tasty, splash park is fun, beach is beautiful, I'm sure you'll enjoy..

It's not an AI resort, so you're not getting that type of experience, but the package they offer for a day pass is pretty great. If you enjoy your cocktails or beers, definitely consider the AI version. A cocktail like a Pina colada will run around $6-8usd....

Enjoy. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

https://capmaison.com/blog/day-pass-cap-maison

plus

On 4/29/2023 at 4:47 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Better is Cap Maison….. Worth the few extra dollars.

https://capmaison.com/blog/cap-maison-st-lucia-f-q-s

Hello Port Royal, and to all others who have experienced Santa Lucia Resorts,

Can anyone share about travel time to the resorts (Cap Maison & Royalton) from the cruise port? 

I am also looking into the Royalton as well, but the rate is @ $180 and I'm curious about the value as compared to Cap Maison.  

Any comments about the beach access?  

Cabana and shade are important to me, so again, any comments are welcome. 

Thank you cruise critic(s)

Scanditaly

3 hours ago, scanditaly said:

Hello Port Royal, and to all others who have experienced Santa Lucia Resorts,

Can anyone share about travel time to the resorts (Cap Maison & Royalton) from the cruise port? 

I am also looking into the Royalton as well, but the rate is @ $180 and I'm curious about the value as compared to Cap Maison.  

Any comments about the beach access?  

Cabana and shade are important to me, so again, any comments are welcome. 

Thank you cruise critic(s)

Scanditaly

Travel time?  About 40 minutes to Royalton with an an additional 3/5 minutes for Cap Maison.

Taxi used to be $40 per cab e/w (3 years ago), so work on a maximum range of $45/50

Allow an extra 15 minutes for the return journey, allowing for the possibility of busy port traffic.

Beach:

Both have good beach access.  Cap Maison is a boutique hotel on Smuggler’s, it’s a very small beach in a beautiful cove setting.  Royalton is on a major sandy beach.

Cap Maison involves a set of steep steps, while Royalton has a relatively flat access.

Both can deliver the required shade.  

Food:

Royalton is of a modern “American/St Lucia interpretation, a good standard to which the majority of guests would immediately recognise and find very acceptable.

Cap Maison is more ethnic and moves towards small restaurant gourmet cuisine

Drinks:

Royalton gives the usual list, while Cap Maison has the list, but with it’s own concoctions with wonderful twists to expand and challenge one’s taste buds.

Side by side, one would take Cap Maison (Naked Fisherman) for the beauty of the setting, food, drinks and service.  A better experience gives one better memories.

But, as ever, one pays the money and makes the choice.

Enjoy the beauty of St Lucia and it’s people.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 2

Wow! What a terrific response to my probing questions Port Royal.  Thank you.

Cap Maison does seem more amenable, and everything you wrote suggests that for us, it is the better choice. I neglected to mention that at Royalton, I had asked for a cabana (additional $120) as insurance for rain. We are definitely going to go with Cap Maison now that I have thought about it. if it is raining, we would still show up, but just enjoy the restaurant and have a nice lunch.  

When we visited the Royalton in Antigua, although the buffet was huge and vast and ultra gourmet, it still felt a bit like a frantic search for food; like something you see in the buffet of a cruise ship with folks who haven't eaten for at least four hours.  Yeesh.  

We are booked now for Cap Maison for our Silhouette Voyage during the Holidays.  We are cruising with "all my children" and are planning Santa Lucia as our private getaway while the children do their Ultimate Zip line thing.  Both of our adventures should make for entertaining dinner time chatter. 

2 hours ago, scanditaly said:

Wow! What a terrific response to my probing questions Port Royal.  Thank you.

Cap Maison does seem more amenable, and everything you wrote suggests that for us, it is the better choice. I neglected to mention that at Royalton, I had asked for a cabana (additional $120) as insurance for rain. We are definitely going to go with Cap Maison now that I have thought about it. if it is raining, we would still show up, but just enjoy the restaurant and have a nice lunch.  

When we visited the Royalton in Antigua, although the buffet was huge and vast and ultra gourmet, it still felt a bit like a frantic search for food; like something you see in the buffet of a cruise ship with folks who haven't eaten for at least four hours.  Yeesh.  

We are booked now for Cap Maison for our Silhouette Voyage during the Holidays.  We are cruising with "all my children" and are planning Santa Lucia as our private getaway while the children do their Ultimate Zip line thing.  Both of our adventures should make for entertaining dinner time chatter. 

Rain?  In the Caribbean?  No, it’s liquid sunshine.

A little tip.  
Purchase a few (supply) disposable plastic Ponchos (the very small packaged ones).  Carry wherever one goes, then Ponchos are always there if needed, and take up no space or weight.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Rain?  In the Caribbean?  No, it’s liquid sunshine.

A little tip.  
Purchase a few (supply) disposable plastic Ponchos (the very small packaged ones).  Carry wherever one goes, then Ponchos are always there if needed, and take up no space or weight.

Liquid Sunshine!!!

Loved that one!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 5:58 PM, reedprincess said:

Rendezvous, if all adults, right in Castries, beachfront, and walkable from port. Excellent - top choice if all adults!

Enjoy 

We will be in Casteries in December.  How far of a walk to Rendezvous from cruise terminal?

6 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Fit and mobile? About 40/45 minutes in the heat.

Ouch, that sounds HOT, 45 minute walk to the beach? On vacation? Through Castries? I don't know about that, might be a bit too much walking. I'm fit and mobile and I ain't doin it.

Btw what's Rendezvous?

Thanks PORT ROYAL. 

Rendezvous is an all inclusive in Castries.  Read about it post #8 in this thread. 😀

I looked on google maps and it said 25 minutes 2km.  My husband and I enjoy walking and if the route is nice and safe that would be enjoyable. December 5 Equinox docks in Castries.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carbon said:

Rendezvous is an all inclusive in Castries.  Read about it post #8 in this thread. 😀

I looked on google maps and it said 25 minutes 2km.  My husband and I enjoy walking and if the route is nice and safe that would be enjoyable. December 5 Equinox docks in Castries.

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Port Royal - thank you for the information about resorts that offer day passes.  My boyfriend and I along with my sister and her boyfriend will all be visiting St. Lucia in March '25.  Seeing as we'll all be in our early 60's (or within 6 months of turning 60), we'd prefer the adult only resorts (I think).

How much does it cost to take a taxi to Rendezvous?  Bel Jou?  You said Bel Jou has hillside views and Rendezvous has beach access.  Other than that, what are some pros/cons of each of those resorts?  Which has the better pools (I'm a pool person, but would tolerate the beach if I'm out voted)?  Are both AI's?  Who has better food?

I'll check out their websites too, but first hand reviews are so much better.  Thank you!

Also, if there are other things we should experience for our first time in Castries, please let me know.  We're not super active people. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, olemissreb said:

Port Royal - thank you for the information about resorts that offer day passes.  My boyfriend and I along with my sister and her boyfriend will all be visiting St. Lucia in March '25.  Seeing as we'll all be in our early 60's (or within 6 months of turning 60), we'd prefer the adult only resorts (I think).

How much does it cost to take a taxi to Rendezvous?  Bel Jou?  You said Bel Jou has hillside views and Rendezvous has beach access.  Other than that, what are some pros/cons of each of those resorts?  Which has the better pools (I'm a pool person, but would tolerate the beach if I'm out voted)?  Are both AI's?  Who has better food?

I'll check out their websites too, but first hand reviews are so much better.  Thank you!

Also, if there are other things we should experience for our first time in Castries, please let me know.  We're not super active people. 

Thank you!

Okay, let’s keep it simple, as finite details can be found on the web and critiques can be subjective.  If one had a choice between only these two, then it would be BJ, in an instant.

Not that Rendezvous I’d bad or worse, It’s just Rendezvous has too much of the “seen it before”, been there done that many time before.  But BJ offers more of the warm feeling one is actually in St Lucia.  Also, the BJ food is different in a more St Lucian way, with Rendezvous being more towards the American tastes.  Also, a previous poster mentioned, buffet manners of some day passers in R are to be questioned.

Both have great pools, but R’s beach is on one of the most popular and busy beaches.  

Experience?  One should not miss spending time and talking with St Lucian people, in addition enjoying the sights, sounds and their hospitality.   It’s then one will understand the magic of this beautiful island.  

PS. Chairman’s Reserve Spiced Rum should not be missed.  Although reasonably priced, it’s actually very good.

Whatever, one chooses, enjoy the island and it’s people.

Apologies, omitted taxi fares.

This is where it gets complicated, because taxis are licensed to carry three passengers only.

So, 4 people together will have to take a minibus to R, because two off taxis will be about $80 per cab each way.  Think a minibus will set you back about $100 each way.
BJ is just a local run for a taxi, at about $ 10/15 per cab plus tip.  So two cabs for 4 people will be reasonable.

On 8/10/2023 at 5:54 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Apologies, omitted taxi fares.

This is where it gets complicated, because taxis are licensed to carry three passengers only.

So, 4 people together will have to take a minibus to R, because two off taxis will be about $80 per cab each way.  Think a minibus will set you back about $100 each way.
BJ is just a local run for a taxi, at about $ 10/15 per cab plus tip.  So two cabs for 4 people will be reasonable.

Thank you so much for all this information. Still not sure what we'll do, but having this information will help us make our decisions.