Air2Sea question for flights on B2B that are not in same country

I’m not that savvy for Air2Sea, so I’m wondering how it works when we have a B2B that starts in Venice for 1st cruise and then ends in Barcelona for 2nd cruise.

Will these need to be booked as 2 one way flights? Or a multi city flight that is attached to two different reservations?  

And for a cruise in June 2024, when should I start to plan the flights?

Thanks!

Countries shouldn't matter.  You can input the entirely wrong airport to start a cruise and it will give a warning but allow you to book it.  Even if that isn't your goal here it is an example how A2S does allow some flexibility with cruise port versus airport.  

I had a B2B booked that was 2 x 12.  My flights were all associated with cruise #1.  The dates were for the correct B2B timeframe but cruise 2 had no flights.

You can look at doing the two one-way flights.  If flying from the US into Europe your airline may or may not see the bigger picture and raise a flag about needing a VISA since it appears you are staying in Europe forever.  If flying different airlines it never hurts to have a printed copy of both flights for presentation if challenged.  

• Thanks 1

When you book Air2Sea, one way is one thing, round trip you have to use the same airline. Fly into Venice and out of BCN works fine, but you have to use the same airline. Research all airlines first.

prices , times, etc. Have your ducks in a row. Example we booked A2S from Tampa to Quebec one way. I wanted Air Canada, when I called and asked, they said United, they have a certain order in airlines to offer first.  I asked for Air Canada, the said ok, and gave me 2 choices, one of which was mine. Business was 1800 and we got it for 595 with A2S, 2 people was less than 1800. Our flight home I booked myself, out of NJ, price was ok. Once booked you have to keep checking on your flights, things can change without notification. I have always found A2S cheaper and they have to get you to the ship. Start checking early, no telling when they open for your cruise, it is not real easy but worth the effort. If you are he first to book price is lowest, depending on # of seats at that price, then they start going up. Too long an answer, sorry

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Countries shouldn't matter.  You can input the entirely wrong airport to start a cruise and it will give a warning but allow you to book it.  Even if that isn't your goal here it is an example how A2S does allow some flexibility with cruise port versus airport.  

I had a B2B booked that was 2 x 12.  My flights were all associated with cruise #1.  The dates were for the correct B2B timeframe but cruise 2 had no flights.

You can look at doing the two one-way flights.  If flying from the US into Europe your airline may or may not see the bigger picture and raise a flag about needing a VISA since it appears you are staying in Europe forever.  If flying different airlines it never hurts to have a printed copy of both flights for presentation if challenged.  

Thanks, I was hoping I could just book both flights with cruise #1.

We’re doing two of the WC segments that will start in Venice and end in Barcelona. When it gets closer, I’ll try A2S with both flights attached to the first cruise.

21 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

When you book Air2Sea, one way is one thing, round trip you have to use the same airline. Fly into Venice and out of BCN works fine, but you have to use the same airline. Research all airlines first.

prices , times, etc.

You aren't bound by same airline for a round trip via Air2Sea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You aren't bound by same airline for a round trip via Air2Sea. 

Each and every time I tried to do it, they said no. Same with Business, if a 1 stop flight both flights have to be business. I guess it boils down to who one talks to. If you get what you want then great.

I have a question almost like this one but with 2 different cruiselines.

Cruise # 1   Virginia to Amsterdam...............Then Amsterdam to  Cruise# 2  in Barcelona, Then  Rome back to home in  Virginia.

#1  Royal Caribbean

#2 Celebrity

Does  the same Air2Sea work for both Cruiselines?

How should I go about  requesting something like this?

So it's kind of like booking 3 one way flights........

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So it's kind of like booking 3 one way flights.....

You could probably book all of them associated with the first sailing, but it might be safer/easier to split the air for cruise one with it and then the second two flights with the second sailing. Yes, Air2Sea works with both RCI and Celebrity.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You could probably book all of them associated with the first sailing, but it might be safer/easier to split the air for cruise one with it and then the second two flights with the second sailing. Yes, Air2Sea works with both RCI and Celebrity.

Just curious, does the money go to Air2Sea or to the cruiselines?

6 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

Each and every time I tried to do it, they said no. Same with Business, if a 1 stop flight both flights have to be business. I guess it boils down to who one talks to. If you get what you want then great.

I have booked lots of different inound and outbound flights for clients on A2S

• Like 1