It's Time for a CELEBRATION!!! (with pics) - April 16th 2023

Jamman54

Hey buddy, thanks for taking the time to post another great review.  An extra special thanks for the nostalgic pics.  I have 2 boys too.  There's no way that was easy for you and Patti, but it was a treat for those of us that enjoy the yesteryear of cruising, and we appreciate it.  Can't wait for the rest of the review!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, matt082600 said:

Hey buddy, thanks for taking the time to post another great review.  An extra special thanks for the nostalgic pics.  I have 2 boys too.  There's no way that was easy for you and Patti, but it was a treat for those of us that enjoy the yesteryear of cruising, and we appreciate it.  Can't wait for the rest of the review!

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again, and for your kind words! Much more to come! 😎

Can’t wait to read another one of your reviews too and to see all of the beautiful pictures you always include. We are going on the Celebration in July for our 1st ABC cruise. What did you think of the Celebration in comparison to the Mardi Gras? We did a b2b last summer and loved it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3smithboys said:

Can’t wait to read another one of your reviews too and to see all of the beautiful pictures you always include. We are going on the Celebration in July for our 1st ABC cruise. What did you think of the Celebration in comparison to the Mardi Gras? We did a b2b last summer and loved it! 

Glad to have you along again! Today I'll be posting our sail away from Miami and our first evening's exploits. The Celebration and Mardi Gras are almost identical, you'll have the same experience you did on the Mardi Gras last year. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, Jamman54 said:

Ahoy, Cruise Critic Family! My beautiful wife Patti and I have just returned after another cruise adventure. This time we sailed aboard the new, big, and beautiful Carnival Celebration, on a seven-day cruise to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Mahogany Bay.

IMG_3052-X2.jpg

How many of you got to sail on the original Celebration? I sailed on her when she was brand new in 1987. The last time I sailed on her was in 2005 with Patti and our boys. I’m feeling nostalgic today, so here are a few pictures from that cruise for old times sake. We’ve come a long way in the last eighteen years!

C003-X2.jpg

C004-X2.jpg

C035-X2.jpg

C036-X2.jpg

C037-X2.jpg 

C038-X2.jpg

C039-X2.jpg

C048-X2.jpg

C042-X2.jpg

C079-X2.jpg

C081-X2.jpg

C082-X2.jpg

C041-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Wow!  Flashback!  My very first cruise was on the Celebration!  We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Playa.  I'll have to dig out my old pic of me hanging out of the trolly and my mom and I kicking legs up in the hot tub!  Thanks for the memories! Can't wait to read this review!

• Like 1

We both unpacked our bags, and then relaxed until it was time for sail away. We met Gilbert our Cabin Steward and requested evening service and ice twice a day. No problem! The Carnival Celebration sailed right at 4pm and was the first of the eight ships to leave. Patti wanted to hang out on the balcony, so I took the camera and headed for the open decks. Once upstairs I saw that our Cruise Director Lee Mason has got the Sail Away Party well underway…..

IMG_2011-X2.jpg

IMG_2001-X2.jpg

IMG_2002-X2.jpg

IMG_2005-X2.jpg

IMG_2006-X2.jpg

DJ OJ is spinning the tunes with help from the Cat in the Hat and Things 1 & 2…..

IMG_2000-X2.jpg

I’m looking towards the Valiant Lady and Parking Deck “G” where our car is parked…..

IMG_2008-X2.jpg

IMG_2009-X2.jpg

Here a couple of random Miami views…..

IMG_2012-X2.jpg

IMG_2013-X2.jpg

IMG_2017-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

The Carnival Celebration has pushed away from Terminal “F” to begin her journey out to sea…..

IMG_2019-X2.jpg

IMG_2027-X2.jpg

IMG_2031-X2.jpg

The first ship we pass it the Norwegian Encore…..

IMG_2026-X2.jpg

IMG_2030-X2.jpg

IMG_2032-X2.jpg

IMG_2033-X2.jpg

IMG_2034-X2.jpg

IMG_2038-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti comes back down to Deck 17 mid ship. This is a view of the Beach Pool looking forward…..

IMG_1929-X2.jpg

I am sitting in the water by the stairs.  Our friends came on this leg of our B2B and found me there.  I actually was watching Red Frog for @Jamman54 but it was crazy there and ending up catching him at Tides Bar later. 

• Like 3

The next ship we will be passing is our old friend, the Carnival Spirit. We were just on her in January. As we sailed by, the captains of the Celebration and Spirit engaged in a horn battle……

IMG_2035-X2.jpg

IMG_2037-X2.jpg

IMG_2039-X2.jpg

IMG_2040-X2.jpg

IMG_2042-X2.jpg

IMG_2043-X2.jpg

IMG_2045-X2.jpg

IMG_2047-X2.jpg

IMG_2048-X2.jpg

The Carnival Spirit is preparing to leave on her 16-day repositioning cruise to Seattle for the Alaska season. Safe journey old friend!

IMG_2049-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

We are now approaching the Royal Caribbean Terminal and the last ship in line, the Oasis of the Seas……

IMG_2068-X2.jpg

IMG_2066-X2.jpg

IMG_2070-X2.jpg

IMG_2069-X2.jpg

IMG_2072-X2.jpg

IMG_2073-X2.jpg

IMG_2074-X2.jpg

IMG_2076-X2.jpg

IMG_2077-X2.jpg

IMG_2078-X2.jpg

IMG_2079-X2.jpg

IMG_2080-X2.jpg

IMG_2081-X2.jpg

IMG_2082-X2.jpg

IMG_2084-X2.jpg

To be continued….

• Like 11

After we pass the Oasis OTS, I’m going to head back down to our cabin. As I pass the Beach Pool, I could see that Lee still has the party going!

IMG_2086-X2.jpg

IMG_2087-XL.jpg

IMG_2088-X2.jpg

IMG_2089-X2.jpg

Back on our balcony, I hand the camera back over to Patti so she can document the port side views. Here is the Fisher Island Ferry…..

IMG_2090-X2.jpg

IMG_2091-XL.jpg

IMG_2092-X2.jpg

Nice Yacht! Looks like a scene from “Below Deck”…..

IMG_2093-X2.jpg

IMG_2095-X2.jpg

IMG_2094-X2.jpg

IMG_2097-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

There’s our yacht, just over there! Lol……

IMG_2096-X2.jpg

IMG_2098-X2.jpg

We’re sailing past the Marina. Notice the seaweed?

IMG_2099-X2.jpg

IMG_2100-X2.jpg

We are sailing by South Pointe Park and Smith & Wollensky…..

IMG_2101-XL.jpg

IMG_2102-X2.jpg

IMG_2103-X2.jpg

IMG_2104-XL.jpg

Someone’s having a party!

IMG_2105-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

We are now sailing past South Beach…..

IMG_2108-X2.jpg

IMG_2109-X2.jpg

IMG_2110-XL.jpg

IMG_2111-XL.jpg

IMG_2112-X2.jpg

We’re leaving Miami behind…..

IMG_2116-X2.jpg

IMG_2119-X2.jpg

IMG_2120-X2.jpg

The Oasis OTS is following us out of Miami…..

IMG_2118-X2.jpg

Soon, the Pilot Boat comes alongside to pick up the pilot. The Celebration is now officially heading to Cozumel.

IMG_2125-XL.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the sail away!

To be continued…..

• Like 14

We had cabin 11202 for 2 weeks.  This is a FWD facing cabin and the balcony had plenty of room.  We watched both sail always from here along with entering ports.  I asked for a lounger and was accommodated.  The crew outside area was below but never a noise issue.  Would definitely book this cabin again.

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6495.jpeg

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Stowaway LFC said:

Wow!  Flashback!  My very first cruise was on the Celebration!  We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Playa.  I'll have to dig out my old pic of me hanging out of the trolly and my mom and I kicking legs up in the hot tub!  Thanks for the memories! Can't wait to read this review!

Glad to have you aboard with us! Happy that the old Celebration pics brought back some good memories. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

We had cabin 11202 for 2 weeks.  This is a FWD facing cabin and the balcony had plenty of room.  We watched both sail always from here along with entering ports.  I asked for a lounger and was accommodated.  The crew outside area was below but never a noise issue.  Would definitely book this cabin again.

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6495.jpeg

Great views! Did you have any wind issues when underway? :classic_cool: 

• Like 1

We decided that we were going to try Chibang for dinner tonight. Our experience on the Mardi Gras was not good, but we wanted to give the Celebration’s version a try. At 5:30 I requested a table for two on the app, and the wait time was less than ten minutes. We made our way down to Deck 8, and stopped at the Havana Bar to take some pictures……

IMG_2136-X2.jpg

IMG_2128-X2.jpg

IMG_2129-X2.jpg

IMG_2130-X2.jpg

IMG_2131-X2.jpg

IMG_2132-X2.jpg

IMG_2133-X2.jpg

IMG_2135-X2.jpg

Dreams Studio is located next to the Havana Bar…..

IMG_2143-X2.jpg

Looking down at Center Stage from Deck 8…..

IMG_2139-XL.jpg

IMG_2140-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 12

Chibang is located on Deck 8 fwd on the port side……

IMG_2145-X2.jpg

After twenty minutes our table was ready. They tried to seat us at a shared table, but we weren’t having it. Why do they do that when we didn’t ask for a shared table? Anyway, we got our table for two…..

IMG_2147-X2.jpg

They gave us a menu even though we didn’t need it…..

IMG_2148-X2.jpg

Here are some Chibang views…..

IMG_2150-X2.jpg

IMG_2152-X2.jpg

IMG_2153-X2.jpg

IMG_2154-X2.jpg

The kitchen staff are hard at work…..

IMG_2146-X2.jpg

IMG_2151-X2.jpg

Patti had the chicken spring rolls, a green salad, sweet & sour shrimp, and red beans…..

IMG_2155-X2.jpg

IMG_2157-X2.jpg

IMG_2159-X2.jpg

I had the pot stickers, a green salad, Kung Pao chicken, and Hakka noodles…..

IMG_2156-X2.jpg

IMG_2160-X2.jpg

IMG_2161-X2.jpg

We had a better experience than the Mardi Gras this time, but the Asian menu is nowhere near JiJi’s quality. Once a cruise here is enough for us!

To be continued…..

• Like 13

On 5/5/2023 at 2:07 PM, Jamman54 said:

Unfortunately, with eight ships in port today, the traffic bogged down so it was slow going to reach our terminal. Here is the MSC Seascape at Terminal “C”…..

IMG_1873-X2.jpg

The Carnival Spirit is at Terminal “D”…….

IMG_1872-X2.jpg

This terminal sign says that we’re heading in the right direction…..

IMG_1875-X2.jpg

We pass the Norwegian Encore at Terminal “E”…..

IMG_1878-X2.jpg

IMG_1879-X2.jpg

We finally reach the Carnival Celebration at Terminal “F”……

IMG_1880-X2.jpg

IMG_1881-X2.jpg

We pull over here and drop off our luggage…..

IMG_1883-X2.jpg

We now have to drive down the road a little bit to park in Parking Deck “G”. The Grandeur OTS is docked at Terminal “G”……

IMG_1885-X2.jpg

IMG_1886-X2.jpg

Once in Parking Deck “G”, we found a spot to park on the second level. We took the stairs down, and then made the short walk back to Terminal “F”. Our cruise journey is about to begin!

IMG_1887-X2.jpg

To be continued…..  

• Like 1

After dinner, I was going to go bar hopping, and Patti was going to walk around and take pictures, and maybe browse the shops a little. I’ll get back to me later. Patti heads aft on Deck 8 and comes to Bonsai Teppanyaki and Bonsai Sushi which are located mid ship by Celebration Central. We will be eating at both these venues this coming week…..

IMG_2163-X2.jpg

IMG_2165-X2.jpg

IMG_2166-X2.jpg

Patti continues to head aft on Deck 8 and next discovers the Pixels Gallery…..

IMG_2168-X2.jpg

IMG_2169-X2.jpg

IMG_2170-X2.jpg

Once past Pixels Gallery, Cucina del Capitano will be on the port side…..

IMG_2177-X2.jpg

Patti continues aft on Deck 8 into 820 Biscayne…..

IMG_2172-X2.jpg

Bar 820 is on the starboard side, and Miami Slice Pizza is on the port side…..

IMG_2186-X2.jpg

IMG_2187-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13