Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

Dinner at l'Alter Native finally arrived and went.  I am so bloated! I went for the 7 course extravaganza and every dish was amazing.  After the homard I asked Bruno, the restaurant director,  to dial back the serving sizes for the last couple courses. 

20230524_140535.jpg

20230524_140235.jpg

20230524_140540.jpg

• Like 5

Again,  I can't recall everything going on with this dish but it was as amazingly delicious as it is beautiful.  The white marshmallow on the left is actually the albumen from the yolk on the right.  The mushrooms were delicious and their sauce with  (duck? Lamb?) was stiffed into the white part. Everyone in the restaurant was French but me and I was the only one who had to be shown by Bruno how to eat it.

20230524_150608.jpg

20230524_150734.jpg

20230524_150808.jpg

• Like 9

I don't know how this salmon and caviar potato with 2 caviar on top was prepared but it was amazing and I would have it again tomorrow if I could. It's one of those complex French dishes that has a whole bunch of ingredients in the sauce and you just OMG! with each bite. My favorite course.

20230524_144925.jpg

• Like 7

Things that make you go hmmm. Strawberry and olive dessert topped sorbet, with mixed juices of both.  And mini madelines, still warm from the oven.  We also got homemade chocolates,  I got mine to go. All I can handle right now is sips of water and I'm afraid to open the bedroom window for fear I'll float away when I drift off.

20230524_161505.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Your dinner at Alter Native—wow, spectacular! How can you adjust to cruise food after that?

And I’m enjoying your photography of all the cities you have visited very much!

I usually eat at the pay restaurants twice on a 7-day cruise,  and in port.  But I think both MDR and Lido deck food ar hit or miss. I don't eat exquisite French food back home very often but my cooking sure beats Carnival mdr by a longshot according to my daughter and me.  If we see each other on the cruise I'm sure I'll manage to squeeze the substandard food into the conversation. But usually just to see reaction and talk about food. After football. See you in 4-1/2 days!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In one pic you can see the train station on the left and my hotel on the right,  half a block away.  Planning it this way has pros and in some cities cons. In Narbonne it's especially helpful not just for the usual reason that it's nice to quickly get to hotel checkin and nicer to be close for when you leave so you know exactly how long it will take to get to the station after checkout - in this case it's doubly nice because although I'm at this hotel for two nights,  tomorrow I have an early train for my day in Carcassonne.

20230525_040527.jpg

20230525_042022.jpg

• Like 4