🛳️ Live (hopefully) from Crown Princess May 12 - 23

Coral

Today is Pub Lunch in Crown Grill. The line is out the door and back past Explorer's Lounge. They should have had it in the dining room.

Tonight is Dress to Impress night (I assume formal night).

Here is the Pub Lunch Menu and Dining Room Lunch menu:

image.thumb.jpeg.ea05c92165a0b6d2637f54aaca133c81.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.96aec915a83a82791666fb5dfd740c13.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2807.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, richsea said:

Hi Coral, & thanks for taking us along on your journey!
A question if I may; earlier in your report you spoke of having the shower head changed to a hand held one. Is that something that can just be requested, or was there a problem with the original?

It was something I requested on the app somewhere or on the web (can't remember). There was no problems with my original one but due to a medical reason - I needed a hand one. I believe anyone can request one. I had read that they do run out so I asked my room steward for it right away when I boarded.

It is fine except it must not be tightened all the way as water jets out the side towards the shower curtain. My room steward is currently ill so I don't know who my room steward currently is so I haven't dealt with it. I just make sure the shower curtain is closed all the way so it doesn't spray into the mirror.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coral said:

I was trying to figure this out. I found a PR which says she will be on Cunard June 8th.

She told us she would be on for a few voyages.

Regardless - I am glad I had her on my voyage and will try to find her today to ask to confirm exact date. It appears she will be spending the summer on Cunard. Lucky Cunard passengers.

Thank you and @wolfie11 !  I'm sad she won't be on my sailing.  At least it appears we'll still have Libby Riddles.  I enjoy her talks very much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi Coral, forgot to ask, if they said anything about the rock slide in skagway?

We docked at the Broadway dock so we were not affected.

The Majestic Princess was at the RR dock. From what I understand, they docked but had to tender to get off of the ship and then were taken to a safe area. Someone mentioned this to me and I confirmed it with a Princess officer when I was walking in Juneau next to him. 

I hope this helps. Once I heard what was going on, they were bringing the tenders back so I wasn't paying attention much to it. I only saw 2 tenders going and then they lifted the tenders up. I was on the phone with a friend talking.

image.thumb.jpeg.64ec3eabffbef3a79716e48689d5abc1.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

Here is a pretty picture - I think it is the Majestic and I believe Encore that was sailing away from Skagway. We were shortly behind them.image.thumb.jpeg.1cf03df83659cc67273ddecfff0d100e.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, TM said:

Coral - Is apple juice available for breakfast in the buffet?  Thank you in advance.

My dh doesn’t remember for sure but thinks he has had no problem just asking.  He also asks for tomato juice too. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coral said:

It was something I requested on the app somewhere or on the web (can't remember). There was no problems with my original one but due to a medical reason - I needed a hand one. I believe anyone can request one. I had read that they do run out so I asked my room steward for it right away when I boarded.

It is fine except it must not be tightened all the way as water jets out the side towards the shower curtain. My room steward is currently ill so I don't know who my room steward currently is so I haven't dealt with it. I just make sure the shower curtain is closed all the way so it doesn't spray into the mirror.

Thanks so much for the response. BTW, I love the story of Patsy Ann!

• Like 2

Today is Ketchikan. I did 14,000 steps and came back onboard to change clothing.

Yesterday it was a sea day and was wet, sort of foggy and cooler outside. Today is a sunny day in Ketchikan.

I found one more towel art onboard. And in case anyone is curious - pizza delivery is free to the room.

image.thumb.jpeg.4dc3b40d40abacf89d91048b8e951060.jpeg

IMG_2812.PNG

• Like 3

We are in dock with the Silver Muse and Disney Wonder. They both have better docking locations than the Crown Princess. Though I have had worse docking locations (and have tendered before). It was a nice walk into town.

image.thumb.jpeg.3cf72d90d4d84969407b1a7a4119e7c2.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpeg

• Like 3

@Coral - I see you're on the Crown right now? Would you be able to possibly see if they have any dark hunter green Kauai port shirts? I bought one last month and leaned onto some bleach from cleaning our countertops and it has a orange blotch now 😞

I'll pay shirt cost + shipping + $5 extra for your trouble if you are willing. I'd need a 2XL.

Thank you either way and enjoy your cruise!!

On 5/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, Coral said:

I don't know why Amazon link didn't go to the product. I am disappointed but am getting by. It will be fine.

image.png

This might be late.  But, I have something very similar and it works great. 

2 hours ago, Priszm said:

This might be late.  But, I have something very similar and it works great. 

I actually bought this before I left but didn't take it as I didn't need the other type outlets (European, etc...). Though looking at my one spot for plug-in it may keep the light turned on in my room. I will bring it on my next cruise. I have 2 outlets (very narrow) right next to a light switch. I have to use the right plugin because if I use the left, it presses the light on. I know, first world problems.

Thankfully I have gotten by due to the outlet behind the television for my laptop. The other plug in- I am alternating between my watch and phone. 

I never heard back from security about my power strip and I will probably not bother collecting it tomorrow as it was probably $5. Not worth the time to get it when disembarking.

Tomorrow is sea day. Last day will be Victoria and then I fly home on Tuesday. Back to work on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey Coral, what time could you get off the ship in Ketchikan, an was the funicular working?

Virginia

The picture of the funicular I posted was not working -there was a sign that said private property and there was a barrier blocking the entrance.

I got off the ship at 9. The ship cleared around 7 or sooner. I went to the dining room for breakfast.

Oddly - I have to say they have made announcements when the ship is cleared and what deck we can disembark on and at noon but there are very few announcements on the ship. There have been days we have left late and we have no clue why.