Chef's table

gottagoacruzn

13 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Oh yeah, before I forget, is there a chef's table, an do ya need reservations?

You can call the dine line when you board and put your name on the list

Yes either call the dining line to put yourself on a list or what I always do is is my first night and the main dining room I always talk to a maitre d / restaurant manager as they're happy to as well put you on a list by request

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

I just did the Chef’s table on the Royal Princess. I created a list with a cover letter asking for the chef’s table for our group. The chef’s table is usually 12 people, I had 13 people, & they accommodated all of us, 13 people. There was 80 people on the waiting list. I organized my list through the thread for our cruise. 

Even tho I’ve organized many of these dinners, I realized that I needed to confirm peoples stateroom numbers, a week before the cruise as someone’s stateroom number had changed. 

Remember our Cruise Critic group is well known with Princess so that helped our group. 

If you decide to organize a group please post back what happens. 

I suggest that you 1st go to the PSD, immediately when you get on the ship & have them call the dine line plus go to the MDR for lunch & turn your name into the supervisor. Personally I would not wait until dinner. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Yes, you need to book and it is very limited. Only one or two is done per cruise. Make your request first thing when you get on the ship. Another reason to be first to board. 

Suites generally have first crack at the seats (the host will make the reso) and the number of evenings is dependant on the length of the cruise, the ship, chef, and heath of passengers. Often, the maitre d’ will also make inquiries with passengers who may be a good fit for the remaining available seats at a seating.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2023 at 5:13 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi Jeter, think I'll wait til we board the Crown in Sept, got lots of time. Thanks.

@Jeter02 meant to call the Dine Line when on the ship. They can not be called until after you board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

Suites generally have first crack at the seats (the host will make the reso) and the number of evenings is dependant on the length of the cruise, the ship, chef, and heath of passengers. Often, the maitre d’ will also make inquiries with passengers who may be a good fit for the remaining available seats at a seating.

Even on a 21-day cruise, we have never seen more than two Chefs tables for the whole cruise. Doing them is a lot of work for the Chef and the Director of Food Operations (maitre d’). But many times they are already booked before guests even get on the ship.  I have pre-booked the request for Cruise Critic roll call groups that we had. Also have contacted officers on the ship by email before the cruise to request the Chef Table. It really makes the whole cruise. But we do have too many cookbooks now. 

4 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Even on a 21-day cruise, we have never seen more than two Chefs tables for the whole cruise. Doing them is a lot of work for the Chef and the Director of Food Operations (maitre d’). But many times they are already booked before guests even get on the ship.  I have pre-booked the request for Cruise Critic roll call groups that we had. Also have contacted officers on the ship by email before the cruise to request the Chef Table. It really makes the whole cruise. But we do have too many cookbooks now. 

We had eight available across two seven day cruises this past fall and a transatlantic a few years ago had five so I think it depends on a number of factors.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi trbarton, think I was on a caribbean cruise with you a few yrs ago, think it was on the ruby with 500 or so red hat ladies society group, if I'm not mistaken. Although I could be wrong, cuz its been known to happen.

Yes I was there with the Red Hat Ladies. That was special as I had never heard about that group before. 

Tom😀

1 hour ago, CruiseCrabs said:

We had eight available across two seven day cruises this past fall and a transatlantic a few years ago had five so I think it depends on a number of factors.

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

I’m curious as to how you can get their email addresses?  Where are these address available? 

Tom😀 

12 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m curious as to how you can get their email addresses?  Where are these address available? 

Tom😀 

I stay in contact with people that I meet. Have a lot of friends now who work in headquarters and on the ships. When picking a cruise, one factor we use is who are the officers.  But even without this, most officers and management level workers are on the professional networks. 

On 5/12/2023 at 2:29 AM, trbarton said:

Remember our Cruise Critic group is well known with Princess so that helped our group. 

My sister mentioned Cruise Critic on Regal when she was trying to book us into the Chef’s Table, thinking it would carry some weight (bless her in all her sweet naivety!) only to be met with a disdainful: “oh dear”.

Those words do not express the tone and look that were present! I was a little taken aback but it was quite amusing in a strange way.

Edited by Camberley

On 5/11/2023 at 7:26 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Yeah, ya do. Do it as soon as you board or ya miss out. "nuff said".(10 points who said that line, or wrote it)

22 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

I stay in contact with people that I meet. Have a lot of friends now who work in headquarters and on the ships. When picking a cruise, one factor we use is who are the officers.  But even without this, most officers and management level workers are on the professional networks. 

Guess you’re the man incase I need somebody’s address. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

On 5/13/2023 at 7:14 PM, Expat Cruise said:

We just had 4 chef's tables on our 18 day cruise, it was up to the chef and Maître D to add the additional ones if they wished.  I was a little bummed out as we didn't get our appies in the kitchen and we didn't get a cookbook either.  I may try and do it again while on a newer ship.

• Like 1