Galveston Embarkation- group with different status levels

We are a group of 6 going on Allure out of Galveston and between us we have 3 different status levels;  emerald, gold, and first time cruiser.  Will we all be able to stay together at check-in or will we get split up?  I'm not sure if they make everyone wait at different areas depending on which level you are.  I seem to remember something like this in Florida, but I could be mistaken (it's been awhile).  We haven't cruised out of Galveston before.  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, annie39 said:

Will we all be able to stay together at check-in or will we get split up?

Check in time depends on the time you chose at check in (45 days out) - C&A status doesn't matter (unless you are P).

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Check in time depends on the time you chose at check in (45 days out) - C&A status doesn't matter (unless you are P).

Well actually out of Galveston they do call you by loyalty level, at least early on. Every time after the priority of suites, pinns and hc and key boarded, D+ was called. They checked that I was D+. 

The time before that D+ I was sat in a different area than lower levels. And they called us then by levels. D + called again after priority group. 

I'm just saying I know they called by status levels for early boarding time. They didnt call all at the same time like you say. I'm sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well actually out of Galveston they do call you by loyalty level, at least early on. Every time after the priority of suites, pinns and hc and key boarded, D+ was called. They checked that I was D+. 

The OP was talking about check in, not boarding - two different things and what you are talking about only applies if boarding hasn't started. The vast majority of customers board after boarding has started and are not affected by the tiered boarding process - they walk straight on, regardless of status or cabin type.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The OP was talking about check in, not boarding - two different things and what you are talking about only applies if boarding hasn't started. The vast majority of customers board after boarding has started and are not affected by the tiered boarding process - they walk straight on, regardless of status or cabin type.

Ok he also mentions waiting together .. so I'd bet he means the whole boarding process. 

"I'm not sure if they make everyone wait at different areas depending on which level you are.  I seem to remember something like this in Florida, but I could be mistaken (it's been awhile). "

Assuming the op arrives late and its not backed up. I've arrived and waited inside every time in Galveston. I keep hitting inspections and waiting to board. I've never yet just walked onto the ship in texas. ..

• Like 2

Anyone can obviously board or checkin with a lower tiered group.  So being all together won’t be a problem if willing to go with the lowest tier status member.  It used to be on most of our cruises that the top tier status (emeralds to D+ Which is a big % of C&A) had the longest lines.  Not sure how they do it in Texas or if they still have check in lines based on status. 

Of course you can all board at the same time.

Just plan the day accordingly and arrive to the ship about 2 or 3PM

Anyone who has ever been in the military knows that in a convoy, you can only go as fast as the slowest vehicle. Same applies in many other aspects of life. If different levels of groups want to board the ship at the same time, you can only board with the lowest group

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

I cruises with my newbie family members at the start of April out of Galveston.  Unless you are Suite/Pinnacle, there wasn't a separate entrance.  We queued up together and got checked in next to each other.  We got yelled at for waiting for them after our checkin (after I had asked if we stood in that spot and waited), but whatever.  We were there before boarding started so we sat in the same area.  They called each status and said we were welcome to board early by ourselves or wait for the rest of the group.  We waited the extra 20 minutes or so and were smoothly onboard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1