Will we be disappointed in Carnival after cruising with Celebrity?

On 5/16/2023 at 11:43 AM, kwokpot said:

Agreed. VIRGIN is the one to watch. I've done two Virgin cruises and for me, Virgin is an upscale fancy version of Carnival. It's a FUN cruiseline with vastly better food and more upscale ship environment and NO KIDS! If you thought Carnival deck parties were fun & crowded well, Virgin upped that game 1000%! Here's a video from the Scarlet Night Pool Party on the Valiant Lady this past January.

Way off the subject, but I am in my 70's and was fascinated as I watched some of the dancers on the Virgin cruise near the pool  and found their dancing FASCINATING. I have never seen dancing like that. Especially the fluid, almost ballet-like motions combined with other dance styles. I was curious if this type of dancing is what you would commonly find in dance clubs nowadays. 

All in all, I am fine being a little old lady but if I were young again that's how I would love to dance.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, evandbob said:

Horizon is a nice Carnival ship, sometimes seems more crowded than say Celebrity Equinox class.  As long as you remember you are sailing a bargain line at sale pricing, you should be okay.

where are y'all finding such bargain prices????

I priced a Carnival Horizon and Celebrity Reflection for next March, and the price for a no-frills inside cabin for 3 people is the same: $2,700. The itinerary is the same as well (ABC islands). A regular balcony was actually more expensive on the Horizon. Yes, I know Horizon is newer than Reflection. I ended up booking Reflection for March and Horizon for November. Next year we'll have a lot of firsts. 🙂

On 5/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

where are y'all finding such bargain prices????

I priced a Carnival Horizon and Celebrity Reflection for next March, and the price for a no-frills inside cabin for 3 people is the same: $2,700. The itinerary is the same as well (ABC islands). 

I am guessing that it is because March is one of the highest demand time periods for Carnival because people like to cruise with their kids over Spring Break.  Celebrity is geared towards  older folks, who are less likely to be tied to the school calendar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I am guessing that it is because March is one of the highest demand time periods for Carnival because people like to cruise with their kids over Spring Break.

we ARE these people 🙂and booked a little bit of a better price on Carnival for Thanksgiving school break. Same itinerary.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

40 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we ARE these people 🙂and booked a little bit of a better price on Carnival for Thanksgiving school break. Same itinerary.

We WERE these folks at one time too. We have 2 Thanksgiving 8 day cruises under our belt when the kids were teens..... long ago.

• Like 1