Formal nights

We are on Explorer now, B2B with a 6-Nt and 7-Nt. Each had a Dress to Impress night and a Formal night, when lobster was served. Dress varied widely from tuxes & gowns to more casual attire. 

It tends to be two hybrid formal night/dress your best type nights.

We are also on Explorer out of Ravenna later in the summer, I'm expecting it to be very formal judging by the comments of the many Italians on our sailing FB group.

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

It’s just that I normally take my kilt and as it’s heavy I don’t want to take up 4 or 5 kg in my flight baggage allowance if it wasn’t required. 

It (the kilt) was never required, and it is even less so for the past few years.

6 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

No more formal nights!

They are still listed on app and Compass. One Formal and one Dress Your Best…it’s up to each individual how they choose to dress.

Well we are the exceptions. We do dress for formal nights. Even the grandsons have Tux's. We really like the idea of dressing for dinner on those 2 nights. As people before have mentioned, it is up to the person. If you don't want to get dressed up, no one will think anything about it. It is your vacation. Don't worry and have a blast! 

I was wondering this about my upcoming Alaska cruise on Radiance (was wondering about themed nights as well - some have all white or tropical nights, e.g.).  It's absolutely buried in the app, but on the middle page, below the cartoon of the ship, you can click on the "Hints and tips" box, which will open daily info, including suggested dress code all the way at the bottom of each day.

FYI - 7 nt SB Radiance has two formal nights, no themed.