Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

I just got the email with my final charges for the cruise, and I owe a grand total of $53.32

They did delete the charges for the specialty coffee as agreed, and I didn't go visit Sailor Services, it was just automatic. That makes me feel better about their Deep Blue Extras... I also picked up a bottle of cologne last night before bed for $88 after I noticed that they never charged me for the sixty dollar shot of tequila... Bonus!

Screenshot_20230526-132753.png

• Like 22

I've been flying into and out of Miami airport for at least ten years, and there's an entire area upstairs that seems to be completely abandoned... These escalators have been blocked for all that time, and there's an entire nother floor up there that I have no idea what it is...

PXL_20230526_173933983.jpg

• Like 7

I've got three different Marta Breeze cards with me, and I just pray one of them has some value left on it... I guess that I'll need to reload one eventually, but I don't want any more delays getting home.

PXL_20230526_174905108.jpg

• Like 12

Ughhhh the dreaded delay text. Last cruise we got it just as we exited the Uber we took to the airport, ended up being 4 hours of delay, didn't take off until 11pm. Hope you fare better.

Time seemed to pass so fast can't believe it's all over already boooo. Virgin isn't in my cards, I could adapt but my husband the grumpy old man could not lol. The ships and food look amazing! 

Safe travels and good luck on the hernia. I put off getting mine repaired for about 2 years until the day came when I could barely walk or breathe, had surgery the next morning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been flying into and out of Miami airport for at least ten years, and there's an entire area upstairs that seems to be completely abandoned... These escalators have been blocked for all that time, and there's an entire nother floor up there that I have no idea what it is...

PXL_20230526_173933983.jpg

If I remember correctly, the upper level connects you to the various parking garages, train & bus stations.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Nothing says vacation like sitting in the airport all day... This sucks, but it is what it is...

Great... I just got an alert that my flight is delayed... Serenity Now!!!!!!...

Screenshot_20230526-144315.png

Oh no 😞 

• Like 2

Feel your pain w/plane travel! 

We live near Tampa and although we hate driving to Miami and dealing with the traffic, we gave up flying there the day before a cruise. Just too many delays and waiting around.  Our plan this year is to drive to Naples, stay overnight and head to Miami the next day, a 2 hr or so ride.

We were thinking of getting to Miami after rush hour traffic (ha ha) and planned to board the ship around our assigned 1:45 time,  but now with the horror stories of traffic from right near the port to terminal, I think we'll just leave very early and spend some time at Bayside. 

I'm really going to miss your posts!  Tx

• Like 4

I'll try to put together an extensive list of the "hits" and "misses" soon... A few off the top of my head: 

Hits: Everything at Pink Agave and Extra Virgin... If you go on a Virgin Voyage, don't miss these.

The XL Sea Terrace. Awesome, huge bathroom, nice comfortable bed, and great pillows. They don't have bottled water on the ship, but the room person refills your carafe as often as you like. (By the way, I didn't have my room cleaned the entire time per my request. I exchanged towels when needed and got refills of water, but nothing else... They didn't seem to have a problem with it.)

Once I found "my bartenders", the drinks were great... I'm a margarita snob, so it took me several to find "the one"...

Deep Blue Extras... If you take a Virgin Voyage, definitely do this... Totally worth very little effort. I actually got them by sailing twice in 2022, but you can get the exact same thing with status match...

Misses: Ebbie and Pat's in Bimini... Never going there again. 

The transportation problems I had in Miami, due to the shortage of workers I guess.

That's all for now, but I'll think of some more over the long weekend... (By the way, long weekends fall in the "hits" category!)

• Like 23

Thanks for the Live Sid- I don't think we will ever cruise Virgin, but I like your Live's so much I always follow them!  We had to make an unexpected drive to Miami due to plane cancelations in December so I never did get to see that airport!  Good luck with your travels home.  I hope you are not delayed too much!

• Like 3

I went in for my final restroom break (hopefully) before boarding, and there was a kid at the urinal, about four or five years old. Had his pants pulled down all the way to his ankles just doing his business... I wasn't going to take any pictures, but I thought it was funny... That's one of the great things about being a boy, you can just whip it out and go anywhere...

• Haha 17