Photo review: Vista - Christening Cruise 5/6-5/13/2023

steamboats

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your pictures of this beautiful ship.  I hope you had a wonderful time.  Just curious as to the prices of cocktails in the Founders Bar as they don't appear to be included.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

Just curious as to the prices of cocktails in the Founders Bar as they don't appear to be included.  

You would probably have to ask O why they are priced  as such 😉

On 5/18/2023 at 6:05 AM, steamboats said:

I just started my (German - use any automatic translation) review of the Christening Cruise of the new Vista. The first entry is a deck by deck review with lots of photos. There are more entries to follow but as I made more than 2,700 photos on this trip it will take some time!

Enjoy!

steamboats

Loved the bars and restaurants. Hoping staterooms are next!!! Your photos are amazing. And I am so thankful for the menus. We are now discussing if we need a drinks package or not. 

Edited by DrKoob
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

Onboard was announced that OLife will change so that you don´t have to chose anymore. Beer, wine and sparkling will be included for lunch and dinner. Not sure how this will change the beverage packages. But they said that everyone can change to the new OLife features.

Just so I’m clear on this, the included beer and wine at lunch and dinner, is only for those paying for the “O Life” package, correct?  Not for those choosing “Cruise Only” fares?

Just wanted to be sure one still had the option (unlike  Viking)…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Just so I’m clear on this, the included beer and wine at lunch and dinner, is only for those paying for the “O Life” package, correct?  Not for those choosing “Cruise Only” fares?

Just wanted to be sure one still had the option (unlike  Viking)…

So far  but there is something new in the works  come July

Maybe see if the O club Ambassador  has any  news on it ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You would probably have to ask O why they are priced  as such 😉

Maybe I should reframe the question:  are the Founders cocktails included in the Prestige package or all extra?  I know the $50 bourbon would not be Included obviously but since the posted menu had no specific pricing for the specialty cocktails, I thought I would ask.  Or is this a bar space for invitees/ high day sailed patrons.  If Oceania would put this info on their website, I wouldn't be asking here 😉

55 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So far  but there is something new in the works  come July

Maybe see if the O club Ambassador  has any  news on it ?

I’ll ask Cella, but not expecting her to either know or prematurely share that “proprietary” info…😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

Maybe I should reframe the question:  are the Founders cocktails included in the Prestige package or all extra?  I know the $50 bourbon would not be Included obviously but since the posted menu had no specific pricing for the specialty cocktails, I thought I would ask.  Or is this a bar space for invitees/ high day sailed patrons.  If Oceania would put this info on their website, I wouldn't be asking here 😉

It is clearly stated the this is a bar open to everyone.....since the bar menus were posted from a special invite sailing, they probably did not pay for the drinks so no pricing necessary.

1 hour ago, basor said:

It is clearly stated the this is a bar open to everyone.....since the bar menus were posted from a special invite sailing, they probably did not pay for the drinks so no pricing necessary.

That would make sense since I must have missed that fine point about the special cruise.  

3 hours ago, PirateShark said:

Maybe I should reframe the question:  are the Founders cocktails included in the Prestige package or all extra? 

Carmen did  say at the top of  the page  that there  were no prices  as the drinks were included

"Nine bars and lounges are available to guests aboard Oceania Cruises' Vista . Unfortunately, the bar menus were not priced as all drinks were included due to the event."

• Like 3

Thanks again, @LHT28! @PirateShark, we asked for a priced bar menu and were sent to the Reception who told us to check the TV. We also asked at the media desk... so the end was, ask at each and every single bar. That´s when we gave up on it. Due to event they had no prices on the menus except for the excluded items (like high price spirits or bottles of wine). We were told that they didn´t want to confuse the guests with prices and getting frequent questions whether they have to pay or not... 

@basor as far as I remember they were saying that you can opt in for the new OLife program when you have booked the old one. They didn´t mention anything about those who booked cruise only fares (@bob brown). We may all have to wait until they officially launch the new program.

steamboats

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Loved the bars and restaurants. Hoping staterooms are next!!! Your photos are amazing. And I am so thankful for the menus. We are now discussing if we need a drinks package or not. 

We had a Concierge Level Veranda and this will be online tomorrow. All other show cabins we were able to visit will be online on Tuesday.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, steamboats said:

While I have a pretty boring entry today with the extra costs onboard DH has published two parts featuring the restaurants (and food) and the new areas of the ship. And he´s the much better photographer than me ;-).

steamboats

I do have a question for you about the additional charges. You mentioned that (Google translated) Oceania would now be including beer, wine and sparkling wine with meals. Is that if you have the basic alcohol package or is this for everyone regardless of if you have purchased a package or not?

18 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

I do have a question for you about the additional charges. You mentioned that (Google translated) Oceania would now be including beer, wine and sparkling wine with meals. Is that if you have the basic alcohol package or is this for everyone regardless of if you have purchased a package or not?

We may just have to wait  for the Official announcement from O  😉

Maybe some of  the VIP's  will have insider info but  they  may not be willing to share

On 5/21/2023 at 7:41 AM, bob brown said:

I’ll ask Cella, but not expecting her to either know or prematurely share that “proprietary” info…😉

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

We may just have to wait  for the Official announcement from O  😉

Maybe some of  the VIP's  will have insider info but  they  may not be willing to share

Just as we thought…This morning I asked Cella about it, and she “Couldn’t confirm or deny” the rumor.  She could not even “confirm or deny” there would be a major announcement coming in July.  She just smiled and said we would have to wait and see…🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DrKoob said:

As mentioned above this is a change in the OLife program which is supposed to come in July. Beer and wine by glas will be then included for lunch and dinner. I assume that the beverage packages then will change too. But we still have to wait for the conditions. It was only an announcement onboard.

steamboats

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

For those who have been waiting for the cabin - the Concierge Level Veranda is online now.

steamboats

Thanks so much. Did you find there was not enough storage for clothing? My bride and I hardly ever take anything on a cruise anymore that hangs up. We use a lot of shelves and drawers. Those big wardrobes are going to be wasted on us. Our stateroom for a Montreal to Miami cruise in October is just down the hall from yours.

• Like 1

I really like the bakery idea near Baristas.  They had nice snacks in the small area but this looks like a nice expansion.  I assume this takes away the card/game room across from polo?  Has that now been combined with the library?

27 minutes ago, Woofa said:

I really like the bakery idea near Baristas.  They had nice snacks in the small area but this looks like a nice expansion.  I assume this takes away the card/game room across from polo?  Has that now been combined with the library?

Yes, there´s no card room anymore. The library is still a library. I think they mentioned that the new LYNC Digital Center can be used for board / card games. This consists of 3 rooms which can partly combined as conference rooms too.

steamboats

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Thanks so much. Did you find there was not enough storage for clothing? My bride and I hardly ever take anything on a cruise anymore that hangs up. We use a lot of shelves and drawers. Those big wardrobes are going to be wasted on us. Our stateroom for a Montreal to Miami cruise in October is just down the hall from yours.

I was really surprised by the storing space. Almost 30 hangers in the wardrobe and lots of long hanging space (which I appreciate for my dresses). There´s another bar which can be folded down so you can transform half of the wardrobe to two bars with shirt length hanging space. Plus there are a lot of drawers and more.

steamboats