Help me choose: Western Caribbean (Harmony) or Southern Caribbean (Oasis)?

On 5/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, CruisePierPressure said:

ports are Miami, Nassau, Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas, Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica).

that is NOT what I would call Southern Caribbean itinerary, so I'd choose Harmony.

47 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that is NOT what I would call Southern Caribbean itinerary, so I'd choose Harmony.

OP made a mistake, it's not listed as Southern (not that the naming should matter).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

OP made a mistake, it's not listed as Southern (not that the naming should matter).

Nobody was getting on the OP as to the naming being correct or not but as for myself in my comment I thought based on what the OP said that Royal was now calling that route a southern route. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, George C said:

Have a great cruise, I am sure some of us can answer any questions on Galveston or any of the other ports, highly suggest you get to Galveston a day early.

11 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

In Costa Maya, I really liked Native Choice's mayan experience tour.  Not sure if your kids would like this because it involves visiting Mayan Ruins (they're small but you can climb part of them and they make for great photos) and then the Mayan grandmothers cook you a delicious authentic lunch.

In Jamaica, we liked Dolphin Cove (across the street from Dunn's River Falls) that's near Ochos rios, so not sure how close to falmouth.  We also love eating at Scotchie's which is a chain of jerk chicken all over the island.

I agree with pretty well everything you said.

I assume you did the Chacchoben ruins with Native Choice from your description.  I would love to use them to see the Dzibanche ruins, which appear to be far superior, but it is a very long ride to get there and back, and we would hate to miss the ship.  That is our only fear, using Native Choice to see them.

As for Jamaica, Falmouth is a couple of hours drive to Dunn's River Falls.  The other 2 ports in Jamaica are much closer, but RCCL does not dock at either of those.

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I agree with pretty well everything you said.

I assume you did the Chacchoben ruins with Native Choice from your description.  I would love to use them to see the Dzibanche ruins, which appear to be far superior, but it is a very long ride to get there and back, and we would hate to miss the ship.  That is our only fear, using Native Choice to see them.

As for Jamaica, Falmouth is a couple of hours drive to Dunn's River Falls.  The other 2 ports in Jamaica are much closer, but RCCL does not dock at either of those.

Yes - we had a 3 year old with us, so we went to Chacchoben and would not have been able to handle the drive to Dzibanche.   Chacchben was perfect for us, since they were convenient and my son loved climbing all over the ruins, but you would need to note that they are minor ruins.  You can email native choice and ask them if they think you'd have enough time.  There might not be enough demand for a group tour, but maybe they'd be willing to run  a private tour.

• Like 1

I have the same cruise booked. When booking it list the Oasis itinerary listed as western but in cruise planner it’s listed as eastern.

Does it really matter what Royal calls it? Just look at the ports and book what you like. We cruise out of Galveston every couple years because we can drive there. If I have to fly we are going to go out of Florida 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:05 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

They're calling that a "southern" route? That's garbage. Southern is my favorite but there is not even 1 truly southern island on that itinerary. I'd refuse to book it for that reason alone. 

I feel OP may have made an error ... that is clearly a Eastern cruise. 

And I agree , An actual Southern is my clear cut fave as well !!

Cheers

On 5/19/2023 at 1:05 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

They're calling that a "southern" route? That's garbage. Southern is my favorite but there is not even 1 truly southern island on that itinerary. I'd refuse to book it for that reason alone. 

.....Or RCI has branded it wrong ?

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

I feel OP may have made an error ... that is clearly a Eastern cruise. 

And I agree , An actual Southern is my clear cut fave as well !!

Cheers

So about 5 of you read 1 or 2 posts and then jumped in the be critical. OP did post a correction later folks. We dont need 11 posters all saying its not southern ... OP knows and posted what it says. Said she saw so many choices got confused. 

The question was which of the 2 you would choose lol.... this thread needs to be closed. 

• Thanks 2

On 5/19/2023 at 10:36 AM, Husky1987 said:

They aren't. 
If you look at the Royal website and search Oasis Caribbean sailings, they are calling that route "Western Caribbean and Perfect Day".

Untitledpicture.thumb.png.77938bc728330d5dc9fdba41a4d13bcc.png

Hmmmm... Calling that a western itinerary is even more foolish than calling it Southern 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:34 AM, CruisePierPressure said:

I am SO sorry! I have been overwhelmed with choices. They are calling it a Western itinerary and not Southern. I wanted Southern....so I think I had that in my head (actual Southern). I am very sorry. 

Anyways....I am choosing Harmony's itinerary. I would much rather hang out with a sloth than go down waterslides. My twins will not be missing out. 😆 Thank you everyone! image.thumb.png.5bad5ece1bffbba9cbd9bf83de1aa572.png

I'm quoting ....here is the OP saying sorry ..

Seems a lot love to jump in and missed OP already corrected herself.

• Like 1