Current revolution schedule?

mahasamatman

5 hours ago, MandL said:

Our experience on the Infinity was in a suite.  For the record, I don’t like to complain, but for those of you that think things are fine I will point out a few things that we noticed to better explain why I think they better step up their game.  And yes, I realize they are not their own entity.  I own some stock.  In our cabin the closet doors no longer opened and closed properly, the refrigerator shelf was broken, the spot where a glass would hang next to the sink was broken, so they placed a soap dish on it trying to disguise it.  Luminae had a real problem with their wait staff, and apparently the chef did not have things under control.  Eggs Benedict English muffin was rock hard on bottom two mornings, and cold the other two mornings we tried for it. The Avocado they served in the beginning was brown, until we had a discussion with the hotel director.  The Solstice we had suite stays and Aqua class stays.  We’ll take dining in Blu any time over dining in Luminae.  The theatre seats need replacing.  The seats lean forward when you sit down.  The women’s showers are falling apart in the spa.  Half of the locks don’t work on the lockers.  The placemats are frayed in Sushi on Five.  The outside pool bottom has some staining on it that looks like exposed rebar. The soap dispensers in the Women’s public restrooms do not work properly if they even do.  There is more, but I’ll stop.  I’m a true fan of Celebrity.  This is super disappointing to me. We are Elite plus with Celebrity, and Diamond Plus with Royal. We’ll continue to sail with Celebrity, but definitely spreading our wings.  One mor comment…….the ship was never at full capacity while we were sailing, and we did a back to back last two weeks of March.  Maybe things have changed.

Thanks for the details!  Very helpful when a reviewer provides good feedback with the details to support their opinion.  It beats sensationalized comments every time with me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TBH, the marketed 'Revolution' was only done to Millennium and Summit.  Silhouette and Equinox got somewhere between a paint job and the marketing.  And then the likes of Eclipse just a paint job. 

What they did to Millennium probably no longer passes the cost/benefit muster.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:17 AM, MandL said:

Our experience on the Infinity was in a suite. For the record, I don’t like to complain, but for those of you that think things are fine I will point out a few things that we noticed to better explain why I think they better step up their game.

Wow. We were on the Infinity for 24 days in March and had a wonderful experience. Yes, we had problems with the closets and our refrigerators didn't work (we had it replaced multiple times), but found the staff in Luminae to be great. The only problem we had was on the very last day where they overcooked both my steak and eggs at breakfast. I can't comment on the other venues you described since we never visited any of them.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:17 AM, MandL said:

Our experience on the Infinity was in a suite.  For the record, I don’t like to complain, but for those of you that think things are fine I will point out a few things that we noticed to better explain why I think they better step up their game.  And yes, I realize they are not their own entity.  I own some stock.  In our cabin the closet doors no longer opened and closed properly, the refrigerator shelf was broken, the spot where a glass would hang next to the sink was broken, so they placed a soap dish on it trying to disguise it.  Luminae had a real problem with their wait staff, and apparently the chef did not have things under control.  Eggs Benedict English muffin was rock hard on bottom two mornings, and cold the other two mornings we tried for it. The Avocado they served in the beginning was brown, until we had a discussion with the hotel director.  The Solstice we had suite stays and Aqua class stays.  We’ll take dining in Blu any time over dining in Luminae.  The theatre seats need replacing.  The seats lean forward when you sit down.  The women’s showers are falling apart in the spa.  Half of the locks don’t work on the lockers.  The placemats are frayed in Sushi on Five.  The outside pool bottom has some staining on it that looks like exposed rebar. The soap dispensers in the Women’s public restrooms do not work properly if they even do.  There is more, but I’ll stop.  I’m a true fan of Celebrity.  This is super disappointing to me. We are Elite plus with Celebrity, and Diamond Plus with Royal. We’ll continue to sail with Celebrity, but definitely spreading our wings.  One mor comment…….the ship was never at full capacity while we were sailing, and we did a back to back last two weeks of March.  Maybe things have changed.

5 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Wow. We were on the Infinity for 24 days in March and had a wonderful experience. Yes, we had problems with the closets and our refrigerators didn't work (we had it replaced multiple times), but found the staff in Luminae to be great. The only problem we had was on the very last day where they overcooked both my steak and eggs at breakfast. I can't comment on the other venues you described since we never visited any of them.

We were on from March 11 to April 4th (I think) and switched rooms.  First room had closet door issues, and a couple of other things.  Second room things worked better.

We also noticed that the meat in Luminae was better on the first cruise - Manager said it was because they had better quality meat from Argentina than from Chile.  The food was generally good, although their chefs seemed to have issues with grill temperature.  At one point, there were 3 chefs at our table, and DH was explaining how to cook a steak - his were coming well done on the outside, and raw in the middle.  Overall, food was good, though.

We didn't use the pools or the spa.  What we did notice was that there ship was cold as you went by the doors - apparently the weatherstripping had given out, and needs to be replaced. 

Our waitstaff in Luminae was good to great - we have some very specific exceptions and it didn't take long at all for us to not have to ask.

And they did do a special dinner for us one night.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:25 AM, intr3pid said:

TBH, the marketed 'Revolution' was only done to Millennium and Summit.  Silhouette and Equinox got somewhere between a paint job and the marketing.  And then the likes of Eclipse just a paint job. 

Actually Silhouette got the entire Revolution process, including some new staterooms and a Retreat Sundeck, with hot tubs (no room for a pool, unfortunately). You may confirm this by going to the deck plan, if you care to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Actually Silhouette got the entire Revolution process, including some new staterooms and a Retreat Sundeck, with hot tubs (no room for a pool, unfortunately). You may confirm this by going to the deck plan, if you care to.

Retreat sundeck and some additional staterooms don't make the 'revolution' that they marketed. 

Every one of Millennium's roughly 1000 staterooms, for example, was redone - to bring it on par with the modern look of the Edge series.

Here is the new verandah stateroom on Millennium and Summit:

https://www.nuvo360.com/3d-model/veranda/fullscreen/#

And here is that verandah on Silhouette:

https://www.nuvo360.com/3d-model/veranda-2/fullscreen/#

Which is pretty much the same as that on Eclipse:

https://www.nuvo360.com/3d-model/nuvo360-virtual-tours-celebrity-cruises-veranda-stateroom/fullscreen/#

You can compare rooms across the fleet in this link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/veranda-stateroom

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:25 PM, intr3pid said:

Millenium Class ships are about ten years older than Solstice Class ships. Hence the need for „full revolution“ is different.

2 minutes ago, intr3pid said:

Retreat sundeck and some additional staterooms don't make the 'revolution' that they marketed. 

Every one of Millennium's roughly 1000 staterooms, for example, was redone - to bring it on par with the modern look of the Edge series.

https://www.nuvo360.com/3d-model/nuvo360-virtual-tours-celebrity-cruises-veranda-stateroom/fullscreen/#

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/veranda-stateroom

It does not make sense to update all cabins after just 10 years.

Just now, Saab4444 said:

It does not make sense to update all cabins after just 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Millenium Class ships are about ten years older than Solstice Class ships. Hence the need for „full revolution“ is different.

Shrug.  The discussion is about which ships got the 'marketed' revolution.  Whether age or economics prevented the full/marketed version for others doesn't change the answer. 

We were on the Summit after the Infinity.  The retreat sundeck was nice, and Michael's Club becoming a retreat lounge made it a bit lighter, and there was self service food.  But the seating became less practical, ie tables too low to be used, etc.

Also the room lost some storage and there are fewer shelves ie, part of the closet became a bench with two shelves underneath.  Drawers seem be gone.  And the US plug by the bed is glued shut (engineering manager said because they're not wired).  Our friends in the inside room had lamps with USB and US plugs.  They had much better power options than we did.

We were also on the Silhouette last year, which is the only S class that got the full treatment.  Two decks of the atrium were replaced by inside cabins.  There's still a library but the concierge area is gone, as is the game room, I think.

2 hours ago, intr3pid said:

Interesting. Do you recall if Silhouette was pushed out of dry dock early due to Covid or a dock damage issue?

9 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Interesting. Do you recall if Silhouette was pushed out of dry dock early due to Covid or a dock damage issue?

Silhouette got full dry dock I think, Equinox got part of it due to having to go to Europe for it because of an accident with one of the RC Oasis ships in the North American they were supposed to use.

38 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Silhouette got full dry dock I think, Equinox got part of it due to having to go to Europe for it because of an accident with one of the RC Oasis ships in the North American they were supposed to use.

That strikes a bell. It might be that the process and plans for S class ships was different than those for M class. They removed the library on the two M class, and installed staterooms and that really created a stink from passengers. On the S class Revolting they left the library alone, but did change the Solstice Deck to a Retreat Sun Deck, and of course, redid Michael's Club and renamed it The Retreat Lounge. Luminae was redecorated and name remained the same other than it's been branded, "Luminae at The Retreat" (at least on Beyond).

3 hours ago, K12Guy said:

That was Equinox.

Millennium and Summit were 'revolutionized' first, and they showcased those modern staterooms (plus all the re-done public areas).  That created the marketing hype.  You know, the 'luxury resort at sea' kind.

Silhouette and Equinox got Celebrity's version of what RCL would call the 'amped-up' ships.  They would redo the public areas but not touch the staterooms (other than maybe the TVs or phones). 

That expensive modern stateroom reno is exclusive to Millennium and Summit.

4 hours ago, K12Guy said:

The answer is neither--she was not pushed out of drydock early at all, but rather delayed. 

The dry dock accident at Grand Bahama shipyard on Apr 1, 2019 affected both Equinox's and Silhouette's scheduled Revolution makeover.  Silhouette was due to have her drydock in mid-January 2020 but it ended up being delayed a couple weeks and relocated to a shipyard at Cadiz.  By mid-May, Celebrity cancelled our Jan 31 Silhouette cruise because of the drydock schedule change.

• Like 1

Before Covid both M class left were scheduled for the upgrade soon. The thing I never understood was you would think much of the stuff was already ordered and being made. The upgrade on the Summitt is great and the Connie needs it soon.  

12 hours ago, volk904 said:

Before Covid both M class left were scheduled for the upgrade soon. The thing I never understood was you would think much of the stuff was already ordered and being made. The upgrade on the Summitt is great and the Connie needs it soon.  

You make a really good point. And, by the way, both elevators for The Retreat Sun Deck on Summit and Millennium are out of service, waiting for parts. At least that was the story aboard Millennium this past April. We will be aboard Summit next month and it will be interesting to see if the elevator is operational. Otherwise mobility restricted folks who can't maneuver stairs can't get there.

14 hours ago, intr3pid said:

You know, the 'luxury resort at sea' kind.

Good point. Not anything that I really enjoy, honestly. But, they are marketing to a much younger crowd now. Someone much younger on one of the forums once told me I should leave and take my antiquated opinions with me. Funny stuff.

28 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

You make a really good point. And, by the way, both elevators for The Retreat Sun Deck on Summit and Millennium are out of service, waiting for parts. At least that was the story aboard Millennium this past April. We will be aboard Summit next month and it will be interesting to see if the elevator is operational. Otherwise mobility restricted folks who can't maneuver stairs can't get there.

Elevator wasn't working last month.  Some very unhappy people about it.

23 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Elevator wasn't working last month.  Some very unhappy people about it.

Yes. And some who are miffed because access to the helipad for sail away is restricted due to steep stair access. The access, however, was designed for crew access and not passengers, much less than those who are mobility challenged.I understand their dilemma but I also understand that it's not a 'discrimination' issue. If they push it the only good response will be for cruise lines to no longer offer sail away gatherings.

21 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Yes. And some who are miffed because access to the helipad for sail away is restricted due to steep stair access. The access, however, was designed for crew access and not passengers, much less than those who are mobility challenged.I understand their dilemma but I also understand that it's not a 'discrimination' issue. If they push it the only good response will be for cruise lines to no longer offer sail away gatherings.

I have a bit more understanding for the helipad which I agree was built for crew and  really just an extra bonus sometimes. On the other hand, the Retreat Deck is space built for passengers that Retreat guests are paying for in their cruise fare. When it was built it should have been designed such that they can maintain consistent access for all Retreat guests. 

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

I have a bit more understanding for the helipad which I agree was built for crew and  really just an extra bonus sometimes. On the other hand, the Retreat Deck is space built for passengers that Retreat guests are paying for in their cruise fare. When it was built it should have been designed such that they can maintain consistent access for all Retreat guests. 

If parts are not available, what can Celebrity do ? 
Close it off for everyone 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If parts are not available, what can Celebrity do ? 
Close it off for everyone 

Of course not and I recognize some things are out of Celebrity’s control but I think it is a very understandable complaint especially for something that hasn’t been working for many cruises in a row. And there may be something they could have done in the design and build process that would have been easier to maintain or provided a backup. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Read and heed…IMG_7063.thumb.png.937290db36e965abf3194c403b8248c6.png

To me, this does not say anything new than what has already been communicated in the altered Revolution Schedule that is currently posted on Celebrity's trade website.  The old chart had dates and the current one has the dates replaced with TBD.  To me this is tantamount to saying that the schedule is on hold and pending review.

So I just feel you received the written version of what is in the chart.

Edited by mahdnc