EZ Air

Wblotner

You should be paid in full both for the cruise and the flights. Usually the normal ticketing window starts around 45 days from the cruise and the latest I've heard of ticketing is two weeks out.

If I were in your situation I'd request early ticketing now. You may have to call as this close to sailing the option may not exist on the web-site.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wblotner said:

I just booked flights for a cruise in a month. When are they ticketed? Should I request early ticketing?

If you have the option on the cruise personalizer ti request early ticketing, do it now.  You should be paid in full.

If not, I’d call and request ticketing. EZ Air.

1 (800) 545-0008

For the last year as soon as I book my flight, I print my Travel Summary and I always see my ticket number even before final payment is made. 

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

For the last year as soon as I book my flight, I print my Travel Summary and I always see my ticket number even before final payment is made. 

Find that hard to believe.  If you are booking a flight, say 6 mths to a year ahead, that flight is not yet ticketed.  Sure you aren't thinking of the 6-character reservation code and not the ticket number?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

We’ve never been ticketed before final payment.  I wonder if this was a new employee in EZAir?  Doesn’t make sense to issue a ticket before it is paid for.

Interesting…

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Find that hard to believe.  If you are booking a flight, say 6 mths to a year ahead, that flight is not yet ticketed.  Sure you aren't thinking of the 6-character reservation code and not the ticket number?

I have ticket numbers (13 digits) for my EZAir flexible flights for a cruise embarking 30 sep this year.  Final payment not yet made.  Seems Princess has paid (at least) the taxes for the tickets.

Edited by Yowman
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DHP1 said:

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

We’ve never been ticketed before final payment.  I wonder if this was a new employee in EZAir?  Doesn’t make sense to issue a ticket before it is paid for.

Interesting…

I've been ticketed before final payment on some airlines and not on others. IIRC in my personal experience Delta/Air France to Papeete from LAX was one that got ticketed right away. Other posters have also reported being ticketed right away and before final payment. I think it may be a different operational agreement between the EZAir consolidator and the specific airline(s).

OTOH my experience with American Airlines and Virgin Atlantic, never ticketed before the 45 day point unless I specifically requested it after final payment.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I've been ticketed before final payment on some airlines and not on others. IIRC in my personal experience Delta/Air France to Papeete from LAX was one that got ticketed right away. Other posters have also reported being ticketed right away and before final payment. I think it may be a different operational agreement between the EZAir consolidator and the specific airline(s).

OTOH my experience with American Airlines and Virgin Atlantic, never ticketed before the 45 day point unless I specifically requested it after final payment.

Thanks for the update.  When you check on the airline website, your receipt or confirmation…does the airline show the eticket number also?  TIA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for the update.  When you check on the airline website, your receipt or confirmation…does the airline show the eticket number also?  TIA

I'm most familiar with American Airlines. Right after we book EZAir we can see our trip directly on AA.com. Typically there's only the PNR/Record Locator (the six digit alphanumeric code) until ticketing. AA will definitively show on the summary page if the the itinerary has been ticketed or not. If not ticketed we even get an annoying box that says to call reservations to get ticketed. It's a glitch as we can't ticket it, EZAir has to do that. Once ticketed, the summary pages says "Ticketed" and the actual ticket number(s) will show up under the Print Your Trip and Receipt option on the summary page (and the annoying box goes away).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I'm most familiar with American Airlines. Right after we book EZAir we can see our trip directly on AA.com. Typically there's only the PNR/Record Locator (the six digit alphanumeric code) until ticketing. AA will definitively show on the summary page if the the itinerary has been ticketed or not. If not ticketed we even get an annoying box that says to call reservations to get ticketed. It's a glitch as we can't ticket it, EZAir has to do that. Once ticketed, the summary pages says "Ticketed" and the actual ticket number(s) will show up under the Print Your Trip and Receipt option on the summary page (and the annoying box goes away).

So, are you saying those AA tickets are also ticketed before FP?

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It could be the airline. When we book with Air Canada and West Jet always ticket us two days after we book our flight through AZAir.  We book early usually 300 days out. The ticket number is shown on our Travel Summary beside each name and with different ticket number. 

Shocked today as I printed out our travel summary for our October cruise as all excursions now booked. Lo and behold ticket numbers for United were right there  in the summary. Never seen this before final payment and early ticketing request. Shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

What is this “ticket” you speak of?

I just look in the airlines app, for my flight using my confirmation code. 

24 hours prior, check-in; and put boarding pass on my phone

It’s not a paper ticket. It’s a number beside your name in the Travel Summary that the airline uses. 

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

It’s not a paper ticket. It’s a number beside your name in the Travel Summary that the airline uses. 

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I just look in the airlines app, for my flight using my confirmation code. 

24 hours prior, check-in; and put boarding pass on my phone

Yes, that’s an eticket. Your airline ticket.  You would not be able to check in and get a boarding pass, if you’re not ticketed on the airline.  Once the ticket has been issued by EZAir, you will see the airline ticket nos on your travel summary and also on the airline App, usually under your receipt or detail page.

4 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

In addition to what others answered, some airlines will not allow you to reserve seats or buy an upgrade unless you have been ticketed. That is why many people want to get ticketed early. 

If ticketing requires payment of the airfare, the airfare is no longer flexible and if you cancel you are subject to airline cancellation policies.