Included Wines on Voyager if interested

22 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Thank you so much for posting the wines.  We will be on the Navigator soon and this will give us an idea of what wines to expect.

Very similar list that is served across the fleet.  I am currently on Navigator and most of the same pours with the exception of the Chartreuse list.

• Like 1

I know nothing about any of the wines listed here except the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc. New Zealand produces some top class Sauvignon Blancs but this isn’t one of them. It is pleasant. We drink it as an every day wine but wouldn’t serve it at a dinner party or drink it when out for a meal. So, I am rather amazed it is listed here. It sells for about US$8 in NZ. 

• Like 1

None of the included wines will be highly rated so it’s important to set your expectations. The dollar value is generally in the $8-$15 range if you bought them at your local store. We try multiple included wines and then settle in on the 1 or 2 that are acceptable to us. If you don’t like what is served, keep asking for something different, because there are included wines that are not offered in all of the venue menus.

19 minutes ago, Pack Leader said:

I worked my way through the available Reds and settled on drinking the above 3 as my favourites. I would serve them at a Dinner Party.

Did you like the Raymond Cab or the Raymond Field Blend better?

In December on the Splendor we kept returning to the J. Lohr Syrah.

• Like 1

Regent advertises their included wines as ‘ fine wines’. Personally I wouldn’t include Villa Maria as a fine wine. Just an average every day wine. This was why it surprised me to see it listed. From what Pappy 1022 says,  the included wines are not ‘ fine wines’ at all. 

• Like 4

On 5/27/2023 at 6:48 AM, pappy1022 said:

We try multiple included wines and then settle in on the 1 or 2 that are acceptable to us. If you don’t like what is served, keep asking for something different, because there are included wines that are not offered in all of the venue menus.

This was exactly what I did on my first Regent Cruise on Mariner. I was aware of this issue beforehand from reading this forum. Just like you, I kept asking for something different until I found an acceptable white and an acceptable red.

I had so much fun on that cruise, I can hardly wait for my next Regent Cruise on Voyager next year!

• Like 1

It is a disgrace that in this day and age of really good Kosher wines, this is the best the Regent can come up with - all the wines listed can be purchased for less than $8 bottle when on sale. Many passengers have asked, begged, requested different Kosher wines and each time our requests have been ignored or told excuses that were so over the top that we knew immediately they were lying.

I have been on two cruises that embarked in Israel so there were a number of Israeli passengers who were horrified with the poor wine selection - this after procuring the finest Kosher food available.

I also know of passengers who bring on their own wine to enjoy and share during Friday evening Shabbat services because the days of drinking Manischewitz wines are long gone.

Please do not ask me to special request - that has been done and they have never been able to get it right

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 1:01 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Raymond…black label….is wonderful. We order it on every cruise now. We have gone through three others..all discontinued. Hopefully, this one will be around for a while..

sheila

Is this wine you enjoy included? When I look at Raymond cabs online I see prices from $11 to over $400 for their different cabernet offerings. I suspect that Regent includes the $11 vintage (it’s the R class) and you can purchase higher quality Raymond bottles of wine. 

7 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Is this wine you enjoy included? When I look at Raymond cabs online I see prices from $11 to over $400 for their different cabernet offerings. I suspect that Regent includes the $11 vintage (it’s the R class) and you can purchase higher quality Raymond bottles of wine. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2635c7af9180c0db5dcc59fac27345e7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2635c7af9180c0db5dcc59fac27345e7.jpeg

7 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

See above photo….yes this was included on our last cruise in March 2023. 

• Like 1

As the photo indicates, the wine is the Raymond R Collection Lot 5 Field Blend. It is on the list posted by Pack Leader above under the category of “Additional Wines.“

Dave

• Like 1