Specialty dining

tobymurph

I have the “Have it all” package which includes a night of specialty dining. I booked the Pinnacle. Do you know whether there’s a dollar amount that’s included and if we’d need to pay the difference if we go over that set amount?  The drinks are done this way, so wondering if dining is the same.

You an order 1 appetizer (additional will cost $7), 1 entree (additional will cost $15) and dessert.  There are items on the menu the have an additional charge.  You can see the menu on the Navigator app.

Your meal will be covered except for anything noted on the menu as "supplement" charge (such as the Tomahawk). You can order multiple sides and entrees/mains, but an additional app/starter will cost $7.

Drinks other than basic tea, water (same as MDR) will cost you.

The candied bacon (clothesline bacon) is a must!

20230528_085809.jpg

HAL-PinnacleGrill-menu_060717 (1).pdf

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, tobymurph said:

That's interesting that extra entrees and sides are included on the HIA but extra appetizers are not. 

Thanks

It's a fairly recent change; one many passengers have been quite vocal about not agreeing with. Especially since it doesn't apply in the MDR.

Oh, you will also pay 18% on the $7, but for me to have candied bacon and a salad, it's worth it. Ridiculous, but I pay it - I like the bacon that much.

32 minutes ago, tobymurph said:

Oh no Haljo I dont see the scallops on your menu but they're on the sample menu on the HAL website. I dont eat red meat so hoping they're being offered.  

Not sure the date of that menu, so I wouldn't necessarily count the scallops out. I don't eat seafood, so I don't pay attention to that, but my DH thinks he may have seen them on it this month when we were on Eurodam. Maybe someone currently onboard can confirm. 

The Pinnacle Grill menu does change occasionally, and seafood especially has changes due to availability or cost.  For example, king crab legs were on the menu pre covid and were taken off, I believe after the start up.  King crab prices on land have skyrocketed and availability is way down.

I had the halibut last fall on Nieuw Amsterdam and it was very good!  

~Nancy

We used our 1 HIA specialty restaurant credit on the Koingsdam with Tamarind, which we prefer over PG. We have been in the PG so many times and the Tamarind is only available on a few of the HAL ships.

• Like 1

We also ate at Tamarind on the Eurodam (HIA). It was a good meal and very attentive service. I am not sure it was worth paying more or better than some MDR meals. Generally we were quite pleased with MDR meals: Breakfast or Dinner, we didn't have lunch there.

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tobymurph said:

Oh no Haljo I dont see the scallops on your menu but they're on the sample menu on the HAL website. I dont eat red meat so hoping they're being offered.  

Same! That's pretty much the only thing on the Pinnacle menu that's vaguely interesting to me. Their vegetarian options look sub-standard for a "specialty" venue.

Edited by ExpatBride