F&B people

vistaman

Does somebody eventually have more news on former restaurant and bar staff  ?

I am aware one of the best bartenders  on OC Afzal is on Silversea and somebody told me the headwaiter Vlada is on a Regent.

Are the restaurant managers coming back to new C ???  I hope Leo and others are coming back  

and the bistro guys ?   one of them "Jasper" was once employee of the year  - if I am not mistaken ...

and IMHO  new Crystal should provide us with some more details  on complimentary bubbels and drinks -  the same as on old C or reduced ?

When SS  was owned by Manfredi group non complimentary wines were very low priced contrarely to old C .  ( and  I am not speaking concerning the "big guns" - may  descibe those as  Pétrus  and Co) ? 

More details by new C should be appreciated by a lot of people. 

Restaurant Managers Leo and Remi are back.  They didn't work on other lines during the shutdown.

I don't want to comment on anyone presently working on anther line because if they are coming back that is not something that should be noted on a public site unless they have given permission for it to be posted.

I am aware of several Sommelier's and Head Sommelier's returning but in the case of Sommelier's do not want to mention names in case they are working on other lines right now.

There will be some who won't ba back because even if Crystal never was shutdown some of them would not have been back at this point in time. Retirement or plans on land are some of the reasons.

JMO but I expect inclusive wines to be more like we experienced with Crystal and for cuisine the same or better. 

You'll learn more as each vessel returns to service. Several returning members will be on board at the start while others will return after that.  

It's not too long to wait.

Keith

• Like 3

So....when we have OC staff working on other cruise lines, they should tell the world that they are leaving that company and joining up with NC?  Sounds perfect -- tell your current bosses that you won't be coming back and that you are just playing out your string.  Great way to get the crappiest assignments for the rest of your contract.

We will know when we know.  Sorry that every little detail is not being revealed to you.

• Like 3

We have recently cruised on Regent, Scenic, Silversea and Seabourn and we have met many (40+) former Crystal employees and most have  expressed and interest in returning to Crystal.  One of the not so surprising reasons is to see there friends and fellow employees.  This includes room attendants, cruise directors, butlers, waiters and bartenders. The only common concern was returning to the same position, seniority and pay grade.

As Keith has said it would be inappropriate to name  names but there are some that are well known.  We have also met a former waiter that has started a catering business and is now married with a child that is not returning. 

I believe most guests on new Crystal will recognize many of the crew on the ships as former employees.

• Like 7

That is very good news concerning Leo and Remi

Concerning other people  including the 2 I did mention , one can find that elsewhere in the internet "open"   to everybody 

During 2 SS ,  2 Regent and 1 Celebrity   in Retreat I only saw "a few" past C 

Some of them very pertinently saying not willing to go back ... 

I am only going back to new C  June 2024  - I was fully booked for 2023 and the" special offer" came rather  late  

I understand my question is not directly related to F&B people but in the same vein. Does anyone know if Head Butler, Prashant Rao, who was on Serenity during August 2021 will be returning. He, along with the Stewardess, Kristina, were just awesome.

4 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

I understand my question is not directly related to F&B people but in the same vein. Does anyone know if Head Butler, Prashant Rao, who was on Serenity during August 2021 will be returning. He, along with the Stewardess, Kristina, were just awesome.

I believe he joined Serenity several months ago, to oversee stocking the butler's pantries, and similar duties.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crickette said:

I believe he joined Serenity several months ago, to oversee stocking the butler's pantries, and similar duties.

Thank you, crickette. Hopefully, we will be able to meet them again in November 2024.