Booking flight home -- what time?

cruisemom42

Insignia arrives at 6:00 am in Manhattan cruise terminal and I plan to fly home from LGA. What is a safe time to book my homeward flight?

Any recommendations for a transfer service to the airport?

Edited to add:  I don't want to rush off the ship, just for clarification. However I also don't want to cool my heels in the airport for a long period either. There are flights leaving hourly for my home airport, I just need to pick the right time. Noon?  1pm?  Sooner?

Edited by cruisemom42

30 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Insignia arrives at 6:00 am in Manhattan cruise terminal and I plan to fly home from LGA. What is a safe time to book my homeward flight?

Any recommendations for a transfer service to the airport?

Edited to add:  I don't want to rush off the ship, just for clarification. However I also don't want to cool my heels in the airport for a long period either. There are flights leaving hourly for my home airport, I just need to pick the right time. Noon?  1pm?  Sooner?

1PM should be fine. The car service we always use is Dial 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depending on the fare you buy, many airlines have no change fees now for (often) very little price difference (and sometimes no fare difference). It allows you to get on an earlier or later flight (if seats are available) just by getting online and switching (or doing it at the airport). So  choose a "reasonable" time, then adjust if you want.

• Like 2

As a general rule of thumb, noon is the earliest flight I would book.  Time and distance to the airport from the port will also be a factor to consider.  The unknown and unpredictable is the time to checkin at the airport, clear security and make it to the gate. 

8 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Depending on the fare you buy, many airlines have no change fees now for (often) very little price difference (and sometimes no fare difference). It allows you to get on an earlier or later flight (if seats are available) just by getting online and switching (or doing it at the airport). So  choose a "reasonable" time, then adjust if you want.

Careful.

If you bought a ticket that had a low price with advance purchase conditions, know that you will be applying that price towards a day-of-travel, walk-up ticket.  Caveat emptor.

14 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Careful.

If you bought a ticket that had a low price with advance purchase conditions, know that you will be applying that price towards a day-of-travel, walk-up ticket.  Caveat emptor.

Yes, read and understand all the rules; I know not everyone does.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

No worries, I am a seasoned flyer. Just not so familiar with potential traffic in NYC to airport and with what time Oceania might want me out the door. Yes, I could change the flight if needed but prefer to try to get it right the first time -- not too early, not too late. 😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

No worries, I am a seasoned flyer. Just not so familiar with potential traffic in NYC to airport and with what time Oceania might want me out the door. Yes, I could change the flight if needed but prefer to try to get it right the first time -- not too early, not too late. 😁

O has minimum times for departing flights after disembarkation.  Your TA can find out for you.

Edited by 1985rz1