9 Day SOTS Ultimate Dining Cost?

13 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Do you have to book your cruise first to find out what the different dining packages cost for a family of four?

There might not even be a 9 day udp.  Prices keep rising and vary from date to date and dont stay the same.

There was a thread a day or so ago telling people how to see planner prices... or ask on the roll call for someone to look  .. no gty it will stay there, but they can look right now. 

I have a few 8 days for 2024 and 2025 but dining prices arent posted yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Thks firefly333!

Really... they don't let you know the prices on a cruise that you pay for with a non-refundable deposit?

That makes it tough to compare?

Well well well... I have 3 that are 8 days and harmony just came up. Unlimited and 3 days. No chops plus 1 .. but I now have a dining tab. A week ago i didnt. 

I would assume 1 more day will be over $400 for unlimited pp.

20230605_122829405.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

wow this does add up!  Thanks all

Treat everyone to lunch. Hibachi lunch or chops lunch or even Giovanni. Way less and same food. 

Just treat to 1 or 2 things. I booked taste of royal 6th day lunch sample at lunch price. Izumi set peice for dinner. Do a ala carte meal onboard. There are less expensive options that are a treat.

Udp is a lot  . I'd book a suite on a oasis class with ck before I'd book UDP. 

29 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

wow this does add up!  Thanks all

For sure!  The Unlimited dining plan just isn't worth it to me now. I hate waiting until you get onboard to make dining reservations.  It usually works out ok for timing but not always. I like to eat at 6:30-7:00 and it seems that everyone else wants to as well.  Last time we had a hard time getting a cab to the port and wound up boarding after 1 so there were no 6-7s left.  This time, I booked my  5 favorite restaurants for dinner and 1 lunch as soon as they were posted on cruise planner for my Symphony 8 day in 24.  Thus far, the price I paid was the cheapest I have seen since I booked and it was still cheaper for me than the dining plan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happytime22 said:

Do you have to book your cruise first to find out what the different dining packages cost for a family of four?

You can use this tool to access the cruise planner for your sailing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit?usp=sharing

You can cruise without booking a dining package.  The main dining room and the buffet are both included in the price of the cruise.  There are some new cruisers who don't realize this.

15 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Your right... I see it now  WOW Thanks!!!!!  It shows 3 night not UDP right now.  Lunches seem to be a lot cheaper.... why?

Actually they just raised the lunch prices. A month or so ago all mine were at 28.99 except chops which was 24.99. Full,price of izumi etc was 34.99 .. now they are all 39.99 discounted 10%. $7 each more. I didnt know I was buying at a good price lol. 

Giovanni was the same meal. Hitachi same show. .. I'm a cheap skate it seems. Izumi price good for lunch or dinner.  .lol so I booked dinner.

42 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

If u buy the ??? Day Dining rather than the unlimited.... are u able to book times ahead of the cruise?

Any of the packages require reservations be made onboard. In terms of the lower price for lunches, the menus are more limited in some - but not all the restaurants.  Izumi,& Jamie’s are the same. Chops is smaller menu but interestingly they offer the large filet and not the smaller cut. Hooked also has a smaller selection. Central Park does not open for lunch nor does Wonder.  If you ate unaware, the Solarium serves lunch and dinner. It requires a reservation for dinner only. There is no additional charge for this restaurant. I believe they now serve all items except the entree from a buffet set up. 

3 hours ago, Island Beachdog said:

For sure!  The Unlimited dining plan just isn't worth it to me now.

They have priced me out of the UDP now...  I'll buy a couple individual dinners for specialty and stick with what is included for the rest.  I have had and enjoyed the UDP but not at these new prices.  The last time I had it was on Oasis March 2023 and I paid 225 pp plus grats. For cruise on Harmony in Dec they know want $327 pp plus grats. No way it is worth it any more.  I'd be interested at $250 and below.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Actually they just raised the lunch prices. A month or so ago all mine were at 28.99 except chops which was 24.99. Full,price of izumi etc was 34.99 .. now they are all 39.99 discounted 10%. $7 each more. I didnt know I was buying at a good price lol. 

Giovanni was the same meal. Hitachi same show. .. I'm a cheap skate it seems. Izumi price good for lunch or dinner.  .lol so I booked dinner.

Did you book Hibachi for our upcoming Harmony cruise in Dec?  

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Did you book Hibachi for our upcoming Harmony cruise in Dec?  

No I booked izumi dinner night 2. I'm going to ask if i can bogo it. I know hibachi isnt allowed for bogo and i love sushi anyway. The friday before i booked taste of royal which is only day 6, so i know i cant go off it for bogo. Maybe i can add it as a bogo, but it isnt offered 1st or 2nd night. I'm going to ask on allure. Taste of royal isnt specifically excluded like hibachi, but idk. 

I might have had it booked and changed .. I've changed a few times. Lol. Now I'm going to wait for sept and see what they allow. Sitting tight until then. I'm driving to ohio and new mexico before then, leaving this Wednesday to drive quilts and quilt tops to cousins. Ohio first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No I booked izumi dinner night 2. I'm going to ask if i can bogo it. I know hibachi isnt allowed for bogo and i love sushi anyway. The friday before i booked taste of royal which is only day 6, so i know i cant go off it for bogo. Maybe i can add it as a bogo, but it isnt offered 1st or 2nd night. I'm going to ask on allure. Taste of royal isnt specifically excluded like hibachi, but idk. 

I might have had it booked and changed .. I've changed a few times. Lol. Now I'm going to wait for sept and see what they allow. Sitting tight until then. I'm driving to ohio and new mexico before then, leaving this Wednesday to drive quilts and quilt tops to cousins. Ohio first. 

We used the BOGO on Quantum a few months ago, no problem reserving for nights 5 and 9.  We were required to pay for both reservations on day one or two. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

They have priced me out of the UDP now...  I'll buy a couple individual dinners for specialty and stick with what is included for the rest.  I have had and enjoyed the UDP but not at these new prices.  The last time I had it was on Oasis March 2023 and I paid 225 pp plus grats. For cruise on Harmony in Dec they know want $327 pp plus grats. No way it is worth it any more.  I'd be interested at $250 and below.

I was checking out a 5 night for October.  $237 pp plus grats.   Nope.  So far I haven't paid that much for 7 nights.   I added up 2 chops plus 1 and n dinner and it was $209, 5 dinners and no lunch.  Actually I could add a Giovanni’s lunch for $20 and still save.  It looks like we are done with the UDP for awhile.   We will probably do the Chops + Giovanni’s and Izumi .  3 dinners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was checking out a 5 night for October.  $237 pp plus grats.   Nope.  So far I haven't paid that much for 7 nights.   I added up 2 chops plus 1 and n dinner and it was $209, 5 dinners and no lunch.  Actually I could add a Giovanni’s lunch for $20 and still save.  It looks like we are done with the UDP for awhile.   We will probably do the Chops + Giovanni’s and Izumi .  3 dinners.

For me, going forward, It'll be Chops plus 1 and embarkation day lunch.  That's it, I'm just to miserly to spend 325 on the UDP.  Usually by the day 6 I'm fooded out anyways and I don't mind the MDR at all.