Booked Retreat - Do you hear from concierge ahead of time?

Sigyn

Upper tier suites get called by the concierge, sky suites typically do not. You might receive an email from one asking for some preferences you may have like dining reservations, type of pillows you prefer or extra hangers. It’s hit and miss, but you can also speak with your butler once onboard. 

• Thanks 1

In a Sky Suite we occasionally get a email, but it is hit or miss.  The email asks about basic things, e.g, new extra hangers, type of pillow, arrival time ( not sure why as no one is meeting you) departure time.  

As for specialty dining reservations you can book ahead through the Cruise Planner or have your Butler handle when you are on board.  

• Thanks 1

Unless you are in a Royal Suite or above, you won’t have free speciality dining so you can make your own reservations on the app with on board credit.

When you board the ship, you can tell the butler what you want. We wanted Evian water, caffeine free Diet Coke and ice tea.  Can can also tell him or her if you want afternoon canapés.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
4 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

So, what I'm hearing is that I'm not likely to get any special treatment ahead of time. Now I'll know how the pioneers felt. 

Based upon quite a few reviews here on CC, if you are in the Retreat, you're doing quite well (and certainly don't have to deal with what, by all accounts, is a truly "pioneer" Ocean View Cafe/buffet).

I should think then that the Sky Suite would be nice.

3 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Based upon quite a few reviews here on CC, if you are in the Retreat, you're doing quite well (and certainly don't have to deal with what, by all accounts, is a truly "pioneer" Ocean View Cafe/buffet).

oh yeah, I'm just being silly. I do that a lot. 🫠

I'm booked for a Sky Suite for a cruise June 22 and I believe we got an email well over a month ago.  I selected wine for the room and had a spot to mention it's to celebrate my birthday and what day we'd like to celebrate. 

I do remember when my parents had a Royal Suite in 2016 being in touch with the ship people to choose booze for the liquor set up and I was asking if it's ok for me to bring my figure skates onboard since I'd have them with me.  (Odd request but I wanted them for NYC beforehand)

Just now, lv2cruisgrl said:

We have done sky suites about 5 times in 9 months. Received email twice pre cruise.  Nothing after that.

Which ship has your favorite sky suite?

20 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We like the sky suites on the magic carpet. There are 4 in a row and the end ones have a side window.  

I've looked at those. The prices are good. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sigyn said:

Which ship has your favorite sky suite?

On the M Class any sky suite but 6145 and 6146. To far aft, Next to PH and has a adjoining door to the PH. I do like 6132 for the larger balcony.   

On S Class ships any sky suite under the carpet in the Oceanview cafe. They are now Aquaclass Sky Suites. Maybe one or two sky suites aft of AquaSS. 

53 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

On the M Class any sky suite but 6145 and 6146. To far aft, Next to PH and has a adjoining door to the PH. I do like 6132 for the larger balcony.   

On S Class ships any sky suite under the carpet in the Oceanview cafe. They are now Aquaclass Sky Suites. Maybe one or two sky suites aft of AquaSS. 

We're in 8127 on deck 8 on the Millennium. it's an accessible cabin. 

Edited by Sigyn

20 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

When we sail in suites, I always eat breakfast in the Oceanview cafe or Spa cafe or even the Elite breakfast area depending on my mood. The breakfast served in Luminae was worse the two times I visited for breakfast. It is much quieter in Luminae and you get great service so that is a nice feature but the food wasn't any better

Guest 4-2-N-8
15 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

When we sail in suites, I always eat breakfast in the Oceanview cafe or Spa cafe or even the Elite breakfast area depending on my mood. The breakfast served in Luminae was worse the two times I visited for breakfast. It is much quieter in Luminae and you get great service so that is a nice feature but the food wasn't any better

Admittedly, my experience with Celebrity is limited, but I found Luminae breakfast quite good.

I did walk by the Spa Cafe, once (perusing the ship, as I recall) and the pool chlorine smell permeated the space. Plus, it appeared to be a chaotic (no queuing) mess of pushy people.

From what ships is your experience?

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, Sigyn said:

We're in 8127 on deck 8 on the Millennium. it's an accessible cabin. 

Plan on having to build a dam with towels when you use the shower.  There’s not enough slope to keep the water contained.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
17 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Plan on having to build a dam with towels when you use the shower.  There’s not enough slope to keep the water contained.

Correction:

Have your butler build the dam.

Hi 4-2-N-8 ,

im trying to access your EV review on Beyond that you posted awhile back. 

Considering an Upgrade Bid On Ascent to EV and would like to read your review again. 
could you post a link pls. 

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, dock said:

Hi 4-2-N-8 ,

im trying to access your EV review on Beyond that you posted awhile back. 

Considering an Upgrade Bid On Ascent to EV and would like to read your review again. 
could you post a link pls. 

Do you mean this one: