Driving from Boston to Carnivals Manhattan Cruise Terminal

lindacat

Several years ago,  I drove to Manhattan for a cruise and received incredible driving directions on this forum.  I have searched for several days and can't find them again. 

I am driving on 6/19th for a cruise on the Venezia. I am driving from the Boston Area direct to the terminal the morning of the cruise.  I believe I will be taking the Mass Pike to 84.   Does anyone have a copy of these directions that they can link to? or can anyone provide a similar set of directions.  I believe they even came with pictures of the parking garage at the terminal.  I remember them being better than the GPS directions in the car.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, lindacat said:

Does anyone have a copy of these directions that they can link to? or can anyone provide a similar set of directions. 

Personally I would take 90 to 84 and then onto the Merritt Parkway (15) which will turn into the Hutchinson Parkway in NY. Then the Cross County Pkwy onto the Saw Mill and 9A South. From there it's a straight shot until you hit the Pier. 

I would use a GPS app though while you're driving. Accidents and unpredictable traffic will be taken into account and they might reroute you onto a faster route in real time. Sticking to a specific routing when you have the technology advantages we have can really slow you down sometimes. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Which pier will the Venezia be docked at?

Either Pier 88 or Pier 90. I am not certain if one is used more regularly than the other, but it does not ordinarily make much of a difference for passengers embarking or disembarking.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, princeton123211 said:

Personally I would take 90 to 84 and then onto the Merritt Parkway (15) which will turn into the Hutchinson Parkway in NY. Then the Cross County Pkwy onto the Saw Mill and 9A South. From there it's a straight shot until you hit the Pier. 

I would use a GPS app though while you're driving. Accidents and unpredictable traffic will be taken into account and they might reroute you onto a faster route in real time. Sticking to a specific routing when you have the technology advantages we have can really slow you down sometimes. 

Strongly seconded - best way to get on West Side Highway to the pier.  Much better than taking I-95 and the Cross Bronx expressway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GTJ said:

Either Pier 88 or Pier 90. I am not certain if one is used more regularly than the other, but it does not ordinarily make much of a difference for passengers embarking or disembarking.

Thank you we have been to 88 for NCL so know the area. Wanted an address for the taxi.