Coastal Californian shore excursion meeting place

floridacruiser14

We are going on a Californian Coastal cruise on Emerald Princess June 17.  Can anyone tell me where the ship sponsored excursions meet?  Do they meet somewhere on the ship or on the pier?  My husband likes to take pictures while were coming into port so want to see if we’ll have to do that and get breakfast.

It will be easier if the excursion meet up point is on the pier.  Thanks.

Meeting point for excursions through Princess is in the ship's theatre, a dining room, or a lounge.  ShoreEx staff will group people and provide stickers.

Only time I've ever experienced meeting on the pier for an excursion is when all passengers had to physically clear immigration at a port.  This was a California Coast cruise from R/T from SF and the ship stopped in Ensenada before calling in San Pedro, which meant all passengers had to clear U.S. immigration there.

In my experience, if the ship is docked, the excursions usually meet on shore.  If the ship is using tenders, they usually meet in the theater so the whole group can be led to a tender boat together.  Notice I said 'usually'.  As damiross mentioned, your tickets will say where to meet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dee_Jay said:

In my experience, if the ship is docked, the excursions usually meet on shore.  If the ship is using tenders, they usually meet in the theater so the whole group can be led to a tender boat together.  Notice I said 'usually'.  As damiross mentioned, your tickets will say where to meet.

This is my experience also.

I agree with DJ and not with SCX.  If you need to tender, AND if it is an early excursion, the group meets on the ship and is shuttled ashore as a group.  If the ship docks, or if it is a later-in-the-day excursion, the group congregates on the pier.

I did a California Coastal last April and we met in the theater for excursions in SF, Santa Barbara (tender) and San Diego. I did not take an excursion in Ensenada.

There is not a one-size fits all answer.  It varies by port and excursion.

I took the Pacific Northwest Coastal last April/May.  I only took one ship's excursion, in Victoria.  We boarded the bus directly on the pier.  Disembarking, I wove my way through passengers leaving the Princess Theater in large groups.

In my opinion, @damiross gave the best answer.

On the Royal in April 2023, we had an excursion that met on the dock then everyone walked over to the Hornblower dock.  (I do not recommend the Hornblower San Diego Harbor cruise.  It's actually 2 back-to-back harbor cruises.  On both segments, the captain says they have been authorized to accept tips.)

A couple weeks ago on Emerald, the San Francisco shore excursions met in the theatre on the first day.  The second day we met our excursion on land at the appointed time,  but we were already in port as it was an overnight.    

San Diego & Ensenada we didn't do ship excursions so I'm not sure. 

On 6/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, floridacruiser14 said:

We are going on a Californian Coastal cruise on Emerald Princess June 17.  Can anyone tell me where the ship sponsored excursions meet?  Do they meet somewhere on the ship or on the pier?  My husband likes to take pictures while were coming into port so want to see if we’ll have to do that and get breakfast.

It will be easier if the excursion meet up point is on the pier.  Thanks.

I agree with the feedback that damiross provided.  Your tickets will tell you where to meet.  Everything else is speculation even if it is experienced based.  The tickets will also have your meet-up time.  That means your husband will know how much time he has to take pics and eat breakfast.

Looking at your itinerary you are docked in all 3 ports.  San Francisco and San Diego both have interesting long sail-ins including the sail under the Golden Gate Bridge in SF.  If your husband doesn't want to get up really early to take pics of Emerald sailing under the bridge on arrival he will have the same opportunity on sail out the next day.

San Francisco and more surprisingly San Diego may include some June gloom weather while you are there.  Bring windbreakers or a sweater just in case.  No rain, but it could be cool and breezy near the water.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Sat, Jun 17Saturday, June 17th 2023 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursions in Los Angeles, California on Saturday, June 17th 2023   04:00 pm
Sun, Jun 18Sunday, June 18th 2023 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Sunday, June 18th 2023    
Mon, Jun 19Monday, June 19th 2023 San Francisco, CaliforniaView excursions in San Francisco, California on Monday, June 19th 2023 08:00 am  
Tue, Jun 20Tuesday, June 20th 2023 San Francisco, CaliforniaView excursions in San Francisco, California on Tuesday, June 20th 2023   05:00 pm
Wed, Jun 21Wednesday, June 21st 2023 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Wednesday, June 21st 2023    
Thu, Jun 22Thursday, June 22nd 2023 San Diego, CaliforniaView excursions in San Diego, California on Thursday, June 22nd 2023 08:00 am 10:00 pm
Fri, Jun 23Friday, June 23rd 2023 Ensenada, MexicoView excursions in Ensenada, Mexico on Friday, June 23rd 2023 08:00 am 05:00 pm

22 hours ago, sboh said:

I did a California Coastal last April and we met in the theater for excursions in SF, Santa Barbara (tender) and San Diego. I did not take an excursion in Ensenada.

I should have typed April 2022