Iona Fjords 24th June 23 itinerary change

MrBeaumont22

I was having a browse through the posts today and cam across this Thread.  

I am on the BH Sailing (Aug 26th -Sept 1st)

I have clicked on the 'Your Itinerary' and Olden and Hellesylt have been removed, this is what mine shows :

26th Embarkation Day 

27th Sea Day 

28th Port day: Stavanger, Norway 

29th Port day: 

Port day: Nordfjord (cruise-by), Norway

INNVIKFJORDEN (CRUISE-BY), NORWAY

NORDFJORD (CRUISE-BY), NORWAY

30th: Port day

Port day: Storfjorden (cruise-by), Norway

GEIRANGERFJORD, (CRUISE-BY) NORWAY

SUNNYLVSFJORDEN (CRUISE-BY), NORWAY

31st: Haugesund 

01st  Sea Day

02th  Disembarkation 

Does anyone else have this?  When I booked the cruise we was stopping in Olden and Hellyest which where the two stops I wanted to get off out, is the above it the new change this I have been misssold and would hope I can get a refund!

I have reached out to P&O and waiting to hear back 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

I have clicked on the 'Your Itinerary' and Olden and Hellesylt have been removed, this is what mine shows :

26th Embarkation Day 

27th Sea Day 

29th Port day: 

01st  Sea Day

02th  Disembarkation 

Does anyone else have this?  When I booked the cruise we was stopping in Olden and Hellyest which where the two stops I wanted to get off out, is the above it the new change this I have been misssold and would hope I can get a refund!

Yet if you go tgo book now its still showing Olden and Hellesylt! 

15 minutes ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

26th Embarkation Day 

27th Sea Day 

29th Port day: 

01st  Sea Day

02th  Disembarkation 

On Britannia at the moment, our itinerary says we are cruising by and not stopping at Olden and Flam... I am typing this in Olden. 

Just another P&O I T glitch I think. 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

26th Embarkation Day 

27th Sea Day 

29th Port day: 

01st  Sea Day

02th  Disembarkation 

You sail through these fiords to reach Olden and Hellyest it is simply PO (and Cunard) useless IT done by some one who has no idea of geography or logic. It started when PO and Cunard began to includes cruise by in voyage description.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

On Britannia at the moment, our itinerary says we are cruising by and not stopping at Olden and Flam... I am typing this in Olden. 

Just another P&O I T glitch I think. 

Andy 

Yes, that was happening earlier this year for a cruise we had booked with a couple of other ports as well

If you log in before the cruise the itinerary shows the scenic cruising and not the port, yet both are on the same day of course.  I assume if there is too much information for one day, the itinerary cannot show it all, so the actual port of call is not mentioned, but the port has not been dropped. 

Hope you are enjoying the cruise Andy

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, Selbourne said:

This is the BS from P&O about this. No apology or acknowledgment that people might be disappointed about this but, of course, a sales pitch on paying extra for excursions to where we were supposed to be going anyway!

We hope that you are looking forward to your Norwegian fjords holiday on board Iona.

As Iona transits the UNESCO Geirangerfjord world heritage area on your way to Hellesylt, you’ll be treated to some of the most breath-taking views.  Sunnylvsfjorden will wow you as you wind your way along its 16 miles of craggy cliffs, tall waterfalls and glassy waters before reaching Hellesylt.  

Whilst we are no longer sailing past the Seven Sisters waterfall you will be able to visit this spectacular sight from Hellesylt on one of our shore experiences. There is also the opportunity to see the breath taking Hellesyltfossen waterfall, which literally splits the village in two. 

Visit My P&O Cruises to see everything on offer in Hellesylt. Places are limited, so book now, to snap up your favourite. 

As we depart from Hellesylt, you’ll be treated again to sweeping waterscapes, soaring, snow-dusted peaks and forested slopes that plunge down to the water's edge as you sail though the Storfjorden. 

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board Iona.      

Kind regards,

P&O Cruises

We have done the Fjords fairly regularly but have cancelled all our P&O cruises to the Fjords now after ports were dropped in each of the last few cruises - resulting in just a bit of sailing through the Fjords and a lot more of sea.

Iona appears to have gone of script again

She is showing as currently berthed in Alesund having missed Stavanger altogether and as she only arrived at about 7.00 pm Uk time I can only assume they will stay overnight as they were due to be there tomorrow 

Anyone have any idea the reason for missing Stavanger

We are on the next mystery tour leaving next Saturday (8th) and considering they have already taken Geiranger and the sail past of the Seven Sisters off us I am beginning to wonder just how little of the cruise we paid for we will actually get 

12 minutes ago, mikey22664 said:

Iona appears to have gone of script again

She is showing as currently berthed in Alesund having missed Stavanger altogether and as she only arrived at about 7.00 pm Uk time I can only assume they will stay overnight as they were due to be there tomorrow 

Anyone have any idea the reason for missing Stavanger

We are on the next mystery tour leaving next Saturday (8th) and considering they have already taken Geiranger and the sail past of the Seven Sisters off us I am beginning to wonder just how little of the cruise we paid for we will actually get 

People said it was due to weather.

We missed stavanger because the final approach to the berth is too narrow for safety in cross winds for a ship of iona's size. She is not suited for Norway itineraries but they had to use her somewhere

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

In September 22, we were supposed to go to Bergen, but it was changed to Hellsytl so glad they changed it such a pretty stunning place to go. Only cruise ship going this year to Hellstyl is MSC in June I think. But on Iona tours now it’s Allsund which I have never been and closer to seeing the northern lights too. When they appear