5 Day U.S. inaugural on Sun Princess October 14, 2024

Wishing on a star

We haven't yet booked this cruise, but are definitely interested if we are not able to sail in Europe before she gets here!

Working on a quote from the infamous 3-Day sale.

I am wondering if anyone thinks that Princess will offer any 'deals' on this.  Which might be 'new bookings only'.

I would think that this ship is more heavily booked.  but doesn't seem to be.

There is not much a roll call yet. 

I would have thought that this sailing would be showing some real interest.

I really did not think that Princess would offer any specials on this sailing.

But, right now, they are not even offering any OBC or anything at all on their current promotion.

What are you all thinking?

6 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

what is 3dayer offering in addition to the PLUS package on the P website?

standard pricing, but with PLUS included?

OBC?

gift cards?

We actually just booked the sailing immediately following, 19 October 2024 7 Day, through the 3 Day Sale.  We saved about $400 over what Princess were showing for our desired cabin, and the TA threw in $225/pp OBC as well. Looking forward to the Sun, can't wait.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what is 3dayer offering in addition to the PLUS package on the P website?

standard pricing, but with PLUS included?

OBC?

gift cards?

The "deal" seems to vary according to the date of the sailing. The sale is simply what Princess are asking, less a few hundred, plus OBC. For sailings between this October and into 2025, the farther out in time we go, the less the deal seems to be. For our Oct 2023 sailing we saved a ton when we re-fared, but when I asked for pricing into April 2025, the offered pricing was little better than what Princess were offering. The major difference is in the OBC being offered. Still, we saved a lot by re-faring and making one new booking. One thing that I can't find mentioned in our new paperwork is the Coupon Book, hardly a great loss if it's not given out.

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

The "deal" seems to vary according to the date of the sailing. The sale is simply what Princess are asking, less a few hundred, plus OBC. For sailings between this October and into 2025, the farther out in time we go, the less the deal seems to be. For our Oct 2023 sailing we saved a ton when we re-fared, but when I asked for pricing into April 2025, the offered pricing was little better than what Princess were offering. The major difference is in the OBC being offered. Still, we saved a lot by re-faring and making one new booking. One thing that I can't find mentioned in our new paperwork is the Coupon Book, hardly a great loss if it's not given out.

I was referring to the OP on a specific cruise, not a random one

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

One thing that I can't find mentioned in our new paperwork is the Coupon Book, hardly a great loss if it's not given out.

I believe in the past, those have typically been available earlier in the year. I also believe agencies have a set number of them and once allotted to their client bookings,, the well is dry until the next year.

26 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We haven't yet booked this cruise, but are definitely interested if we are not able to sail in Europe before she gets here!

Working on a quote from the infamous 3-Day sale.

I am wondering if anyone thinks that Princess will offer any 'deals' on this.  Which might be 'new bookings only'.

I would think that this ship is more heavily booked.  but doesn't seem to be.

There is not much a roll call yet. 

I would have thought that this sailing would be showing some real interest.

I really did not think that Princess would offer any specials on this sailing.

But, right now, they are not even offering any OBC or anything at all on their current promotion.

Book the voyage you want as soon as you know you want it and monitor for price drops.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe in the past, those have typically been available earlier in the year. I also believe agencies have a set number of them and once allotted to their client bookings,, the well is dry until the next year.

Quite probably. This particular TA has offered those books during their Sale for many years, I just haven't yet received all the confirmations, documents etc yet as the bookings are very fresh. In any case, when they removed the BOGO deal for first night Specialty Dining and replaced it with a bottle of wine (pretty pointless with a drink package), the booklet has little value for us now.  Some folks did seem to like them though.

46 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My agent offers them through out the year. Agents book $100 deposit cruise nights (which really are not nights but time periods) when they want and these often come with coupon books. My agent can book her own $100 deposit time periods, her parent agency can book them and I also think the consortium that they are associated with can also. So my agent has them all the time. Though, a specific agent can't have them every week of the year (they are limited in how many weeks they can book but not how many they can give out during that time period). Though between my agent, her parent agency and her consortium - they are frequent and not just earlier in the year. Most of the time when I cruise, I get the coupon books. I can't tell you the last time I used a coupon though as they are pretty worthless.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Quite probably. This particular TA has offered those books during their Sale for many years, I just haven't yet received all the confirmations, documents etc yet as the bookings are very fresh. In any case, when they removed the BOGO deal for first night Specialty Dining and replaced it with a bottle of wine (pretty pointless with a drink package), the booklet has little value for us now.  Some folks did seem to like them though.

I completely agree. I don't find them useful at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

My agent offers them through out the year. Agents book $100 deposit cruise nights (which really are not nights but time periods) when they want and these often come with coupon books. My agent can book her own $100 deposit time periods, her parent agency can book them and I also think the consortium that they are associated with can also. So my agent has them all the time. Though, a specific agent can't have them every week of the year (they are limited in how many weeks they can book but not how many they can give out during that time period). Though between my agent, her parent agency and her consortium - they are frequent and not just earlier in the year. Most of the time when I cruise, I get the coupon books. I can't tell you the last time I used a coupon though as they are pretty worthless.

You said it much better and is what I have read before.  Nice memory jog.

• Like 1