Embarkation in Seattle

Hllb

We got our assigned times today for our family of 5 in 2 cabins: group A, 11 am and Group D, 12 pm. I assume we should just both plan on the 12pm slot? How early should we arrive? We’ve only cruised once before out of Orlando. I seem to recall there you just got in one big line and they didn’t let you join the line until you’re assigned time so arriving earlier wasn’t needed. Is that how it will work in Seattle too?

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 in Seattle is a fairly large and active place.  If you arrive prior to when HAL allows folks to board, you will be in sitting in their waiting room.  You may want to see how many ships will be there the same time as your family to determine how crowded it might be.

>> https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2023-04/2023 Sailing Schedule Updated 4.13.23.pdf

Have fun!  image.thumb.png.6e1da544ca836b319178b3937142e9ba.png

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Been discussed here frequently the times don't matter. By the way, those are check in times, not boarding times.

I cannot find anything after going through several pages of posts. Lots of questions about port valet but zero describing how the embarkation process is handled.

It has been awhile since we boarded in Seattle, but if I remember correctly it went pretty smoothly.  I know the last time we boarded in Ft Lauderdale-Port Everglades-no one checked anyone's check in time.  They gave us a zone # & we waited in the terminal for our zone to be called.  I would think if you all show up together you would get the same zone #.  But 11:30 - 12:30 sounds reasonable.

Most recent Seattle embark action for us was April 29 this year. Very smooth process. Without looking up my post about it, I'll recap:

Check-in assigned: Group B, 1:20pm (on my boarding pass, DH had nothing on his)

Transfer details: 8:45am waiting in airport for shuttle, 10:15ish off loaded at pier from first shuttle

Terminal: arrived from shuttle 10:15ish am, waited outside terminal while previous cruise was cleared, 11:00 ish called to begin boarding

Check-in: showed boarding pass and passport twice, scanned through security very quickly (no standing - line continuously moved), sent to wait in unmarked rows (ie you can sit anywhere you want)

Boarding: wait time sitting in chairs to be called less than 30 min, slight delay from being called to actually getting on the ship due to a ceremony to recognize HAL anniversary and opening day of the AK season.

Stepped on ship at 11:26am, dropped bags in cabin (which was not ready) at 11:33am, ate lunch in MDR and enjoyed a glass of vino on our deck at 1:05pm!!

So, from arriving at the terminal to stepping on the ship was approximately 75 minutes.

Process was probably the smoothest I've had in recent memory. The times above are from the timestamps on the pictures I took during the process. Hope this helps and that you enjoy your cruise!

Happy to answer any specific questions if I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1