Our Yacht Club experience on the Virtuosa May 29th sailing from Southampton

skyking

Hello All, 

I have started combing through our videos from our first Yacht Club experience onboard the beautiful MSC Virtuosa. 

We traveled from Orlando FL to the UK for this five day sailing in the Yacht Club.   The first first video we filmed onboard as a quick recap of our initial experience as we boarded and some other details onboard. 

I will post our day one video once it is done in the next few days, and of course if anyone has any questions please let me know as I am always happy to help and share my thoughts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I have to ask, did you go across the pond for more than just this 5 night sailing on MSC and if so, would you mind sharing what all you did while there?

Hi There, 

We arrived in Southampton on Saturday morning for a Monday sailing.   We spent the weekend exploring beautiful Southampton. 

After the cruise we spent 3 days in London.    This was our third time in London in the last 12 months, we love it there and did a lot of new things this visit. 

5 minutes ago, skyking said:

Hi There, 

We arrived in Southampton on Saturday morning for a Monday sailing.   We spent the weekend exploring beautiful Southampton. 

After the cruise we spent 3 days in London.    This was our third time in London in the last 12 months, we love it there and did a lot of new things this visit. 

Thanks for the response.  I really like this idea a lot.  We've never been to the UK and would really like to find a cruise that isn't so long that we are left with no time to explore afterwards.  This seems like a great option.

Regarding the inattentive butler you mention in your video, we are just off MSC Seaside and experienced the same issues with our butler.  Have been on other sailings were the butler was at our beck and call.  I think it's more about the luck of the draw than location but I could be way off on that.  

From the background in your video it appears that the Virtuosa is in the same class as Meraviglia.  Is that correct?  I'm still learning the classes.  I wasn't aware they had YC rooms outside the YC complex but I like the YC spaces a little better than the Seaside class.

Again, thanks for posting!

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thanks for the response.  I really like this idea a lot.  We've never been to the UK and would really like to find a cruise that isn't so long that we are left with no time to explore afterwards.  This seems like a great option.

Regarding the inattentive butler you mention in your video, we are just off MSC Seaside and experienced the same issues with our butler.  Have been on other sailings were the butler was at our beck and call.  I think it's more about the luck of the draw than location but I could be way off on that.  

From the background in your video it appears that the Virtuosa is in the same class as Meraviglia.  Is that correct?  I'm still learning the classes.  I wasn't aware they had YC rooms outside the YC complex but I like the YC spaces a little better than the Seaside class.

Again, thanks for posting!

Yes correct, but it does have a few differences that you notice if you have sailed the Meraviglia. 

Nothing big though, she is a beauty.   The one thing that was WEIRD to me was the elevator system!

It was different, but so hard to explain.   

We absolutely love the UK especially London, this was our third time there in 12 months, we just cant get enough of it. 

We were on the 12th May sailing a couple of weeks before you. Just watched your video, nice to be 'back onboard'. We also had a butler who was not very good compared with previous ones, we didn't see him at all some days. We were on deck 16 but I wonder if they move around and could be the same one. On your video I noticed that the newspapers are back, they were not available on our trip so good to see they have returned.

We had a great time overall though, look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.