Strict arrival times

Babybooface

On 7/29/2023 at 3:23 PM, Windsurfboy said:

Just read Selbourne's question about Iona boarding and CPS , in his new thread.

His question confirms that Carribean  are given 12pm arrival times,  along with Baltic,  Liguirian,  Suites and mini suites.

Giving this amount of people the same early arrival time seems a recipe for chaos and queues to get it, even if no one else turns up early

If there are a lot of Caribbean they are given slightly later times eg. 12.30. On Britannia recently the amount of people around when we arrived was light. That was at about 11.50 for 12.00. Just a small queue of very naughty people. Much as it had been on Iona.

We have just become Caribbean level, well three of the four of us have.  My wife, my 13 year old son and I.  My 9 year old daughter is one level below.   We have been given a 12:15 boarding time for Ventura on the 19th august.  My daughter unfortunately has 2:30pm.  I guess strictly speaking we need to go at 2:30pm. 

2 minutes ago, 9is said:

We have just become Caribbean level, well three of the four of us have.  My wife, my 13 year old son and I.  My 9 year old daughter is one level below.   We have been given a 12:15 boarding time for Ventura on the 19th august.  My daughter unfortunately has 2:30pm.  I guess strictly speaking we need to go at 2:30pm. 

If you are all in the same cabin then you can all use the earliest boarding time.

6 minutes ago, 9is said:

If you're all in the same cabin(s) you can all turn up at 12:15.

Making reservations - What is the check in process?| Frequently Asked Questions | P&O Cruises | Complete Cruise Solution

• When two guests are travelling within the same stateroom – they would allow the lower tier guest to check in together with the Caribbean/Baltic/Ligurian member at the earlier time, in line with their Peninsular Club benefit.
Edited by Son of Anarchy
Link added
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 9is said:

I can't believe they'd do this. Crazy.  It is clearly breaking every child protection rule to separate a 9 year old from parents.

I presume you will all go at 12.15.

Clearly there is something seriously wrong with P&O IT if it can't recognise a family travelling in one cabin.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 4

Thanks for your helpful replies everyone.   We are all in the same cabin.   We will most definitely attempt a 12:15pm boarding.  If we encounter any problems I will report back upon return.

• Like 5

We’ve been Caribbean tier for a few years and have been allocated a 12pm boarding time for Arvia this coming Sunday. We never noticed until now but our 13 year old son has been allocated 2:45pm. 

He’d better be on his best behaviour if he wants to board with us! 🤭

• Haha 12