Main Diningrooms

LindaConn

8 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Wondering if there are differences between the 3 main dining-rooms….Palm, Coral, Island…we are doing Anytime Dining…and curious to see if people have any preferences…..

Hi Linda,

You might not get as much response here because it's not in the main Princess forum, where most of the traffic is. But all 3 dining rooms don't have any particular differences as they all have the same menu. You can just choose the dining room where you'll find more convenient for you, location-wise, but you can also go to all 3 throughout your cruise; it won't really matter.

12 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Wondering if there are differences between the 3 main dining-rooms….Palm, Coral, Island…we are doing Anytime Dining…and curious to see if people have any preferences…..

@LindaConn

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on topic.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

True that menus are the same but different decor. One advantage I see for changing dining rooms is that I could wear mostly same clothes to dinner multiple nights without feeling judged. Different table neighbors each night 🙂 Cuts down on packing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Which ship? The main difference is location and it’s all about personal preference. I like to be near Vines (if there is one) since it’s where I am before dinner most of the time and if not, I can grab a glass on my way in to dinner. I don’t like the isolated location of the aft dining rooms that can only be accessed by the aft stairs or elevator. Others like them and think it’s a quieter location. 

22 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Everyone on Princess has Anytime Dining aka Dine My Way. No set dining times like the past.

There is no difference as far as the food goes in each of the dining rooms that are complimentary  anyways. You may go to all 3 during your cruise. Just the decor and location on ship is different.

i would say preference would be the midship d.r. Because it’s easier to get to.

@LindaConnYou are asking about Caribbean princess but the concept is the same for other ships.  The aft dining room is difficult to reach, the elevators don't go all the way down but people say it's quieter.  The two mid ship dining rooms, Deck 5 and Deck 6, both serve dinner.  Deck 6 dining room serves breakfast daily and lunch on sea days. 

15 minutes ago, Senga said:

@LindaConnYou are asking about Caribbean princess but the concept is the same for other ships.  The aft dining room is difficult to reach, the elevators don't go all the way down but people say it's quieter.  The two mid ship dining rooms, Deck 5 and Deck 6, both serve dinner.  Deck 6 dining room serves breakfast daily and lunch on sea days. 

With the exception of the aft elevators which do go down to deck 6. 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, msmoger said:

With the exception of the aft elevators which do go down to deck 6. 😉

You beat me to it.  I was wondering since when.  Although only two of the four aft elevators go down to six, or up to Skywalkers.

YMMV, besides location, deck 6 mid and aft dining rooms share a kitchen, whereas deck 5 has its own, so you would think deck 5 would have faster service. Staffing and experience of crew will affect experience and how full the dining room is.

• Like 1