Move up program again!!

Lolou127

Good afternoon all, can anyone help me, not sure if this question has been asked before, but I can’t find the answer, we’ve PIF our cruise sails August 18th, last week we received an email from X offering two things, bid for an upgrade or pay to upgrade now, the latter wouldn’t work, so I’ve emailed X to ask why, the reply is once you’ve paid you can’t upgrade you can only use the bidding process, this is our first X cruise, but surely that’s not correct? and if it is why include it in the email? 

6 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Good afternoon all, can anyone help me, not sure if this question has been asked before, but I can’t find the answer, we’ve PIF our cruise sails August 18th, last week we received an email from X offering two things, bid for an upgrade or pay to upgrade now, the latter wouldn’t work, so I’ve emailed X to ask why, the reply is once you’ve paid you can’t upgrade you can only use the bidding process, this is our first X cruise, but surely that’s not correct? and if it is why include it in the email? 

Move up is done with an outside agent and it seems there is a distinct lack of communication between them and X.  Move up once charged me double than what I bid and it was a nightmare to get ahold of anyone at MoveUp to fix it until I found someone at Celebrity who made a connection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

Move up is done with an outside agent and it seems there is a distinct lack of communication between them and X.  Move up once charged me double than what I bid and it was a nightmare to get ahold of anyone at MoveUp to fix it until I found someone at Celebrity who made a connection.

The move up bid you place is per person and based on double occupancy. You're saying that they charged you 4x what you put in for a bid offer?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

Never heard of them doing an Upgrade now offer as part of MoveUp.  Any chance you could post the email here?

PROMO! 
Royal Suite
Unwind in a luxuriously large living and dining area featuring floor to ceiling panoramic windows, a primary bedroom with Celebrity’s eXhale® bedding featuring the luxury king-size mattress, a primary bathroom with a large soaking tub, a separate shower, and a double sink vanity, and a spacious private veranda. No matter where you are in this suite, you’ll enjoy stunning views of the sea.
From 
£1,205 pp
£605 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Celebrity Suite
These two-room suites feature a large living area with floor to ceiling panoramic windows, private veranda, and a primary bedroom with a king-sized*.
From 
£480 pp
£240 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
AquaClass® Sky Suite
Introducing our Aqua Sky Suites, which combine our well-being inspired AquaClass experience with exclusive spaces, services, and amenities of The Retreat® to leave you more renewed than ever.
From 
£400 pp
£200 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Sky Suite
The perfectly designed Sunset Sky Suite offers a blend of expansive aft facing views and intimate luxury. Enjoy exclusive access to Luminae, and The Retreat Lounge, reserved only for guests of The Retreat.
From 
£645 pp
£325 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Horizon Suite
Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Horizon Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of butler throughout your stay.
From 
£805 pp
£405 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sky Suite
The perfectly designed Sky Suite offers a blend of expansive views and intimate luxury. Enjoy exclusive access to Luminae and private lounge.
From 
£400 pp
£200 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
AquaClass Stateroom
Wellness is so fundamental to our philosophy, we offer AquaClass® staterooms for a fully immersive, next-level wellness experience. Elements are thoughtfully infused throughout your stateroom
From 
£120 pp
£60 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Concierge Class
Aft-facing veranda perfect for relaxing. Mesmerizing views as the horizon drifts away.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Concierge Class Stateroom
As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Veranda Stateroom
Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp

Please see our Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions that apply to offers made under the Celebrity MoveUp programme.

Important Information
Celebrity Cruises is not obliged to accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises.

Offers are made on a per-person basis, and based on double occupancy. Only the first and second passenger on the reservation will be charged if an upgrade offer is accepted. Single occupancy guests will pay 200% (double) the chosen bid amount.

If we accept your offer, the upgrade amount paid is final and refundable only in limited circumstances. The upgrade does not effect existing promotions on the reservation. Guests will keep the same amenities they have on their current booking.

Celebrity Cruises cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. Your cabin number will depend on space availability and cannot be changed.

Successful bids will be upgraded to a standard or Accessible stateroom in their selected Stateroom category, subject to availability. Upgraded staterooms cannot be exchanged once the upgrade is complete and the upgraded stateroom has been allocated.

Captains Club Loyalty scheme points will be based on the stateroom category at time of booking, not the upgraded stateroom.

For more information about your booking Terms and Conditions, click here

For more information about our Privacy Policy, click here

RCL Cruises LTD
Celebrity Cruises
Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands
Weybridge, Surrey, KT130NY
United Kingdom
0344 493 2084
customerserviceuk@celebritycruises.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

Pre-Paid Gratuities will be automatically be adjusted to cover the upgrade cost for your new category.
For more information on Pre-Paid Gratuities, click here.

Celebrity Cruises

#CELEBRITYCRUISES   Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Follow us on Youtube   Celebrity Cruises Instagram

UNSUBSCRIBE

This is part of the email, each promo has an upgrade button, the other part of the email talks about bidding 

I don't see anything here which indicates a "pay to upgrade now".   This looks like one I received a couple of months ago where they just offered a "promo" where they lowered the starting bid amount.

I'm surprised you were offered to bid from I suspect a veranda all the way up to a RS.

Edit:  I just saw your text about buttons.   I think the upgrade button is just where you go to make a "bid to upgrade".

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

Unless I am missing something this looks to be just offer to bid for a Move Up.

In the US we can pay the current fare to upgrade anytime, even after Final Payment.  Maybe there are different rules in the UK.

• Thanks 1

You can’t see it very well on the email I’ve posted, but under each category it says Upgrade Now, there was a separate button earlier on in the email that said Bid for an upgrade now, it certainly makes it seem they are 2 different things?

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The move up bid you place is per person and based on double occupancy. You're saying that they charged you 4x what you put in for a bid offer?

YES, that's exactly what happened. I know about the per person thing.

When I finally got to speak with a live human at MoveUp he said it was done by "Someone New".

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:
PROMO! 
Royal Suite
Unwind in a luxuriously large living and dining area featuring floor to ceiling panoramic windows, a primary bedroom with Celebrity’s eXhale® bedding featuring the luxury king-size mattress, a primary bathroom with a large soaking tub, a separate shower, and a double sink vanity, and a spacious private veranda. No matter where you are in this suite, you’ll enjoy stunning views of the sea.
From 
£1,205 pp
£605 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Celebrity Suite
These two-room suites feature a large living area with floor to ceiling panoramic windows, private veranda, and a primary bedroom with a king-sized*.
From 
£480 pp
£240 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
AquaClass® Sky Suite
Introducing our Aqua Sky Suites, which combine our well-being inspired AquaClass experience with exclusive spaces, services, and amenities of The Retreat® to leave you more renewed than ever.
From 
£400 pp
£200 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Sky Suite
The perfectly designed Sunset Sky Suite offers a blend of expansive aft facing views and intimate luxury. Enjoy exclusive access to Luminae, and The Retreat Lounge, reserved only for guests of The Retreat.
From 
£645 pp
£325 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Horizon Suite
Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Horizon Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of butler throughout your stay.
From 
£805 pp
£405 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sky Suite
The perfectly designed Sky Suite offers a blend of expansive views and intimate luxury. Enjoy exclusive access to Luminae and private lounge.
From 
£400 pp
£200 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
AquaClass Stateroom
Wellness is so fundamental to our philosophy, we offer AquaClass® staterooms for a fully immersive, next-level wellness experience. Elements are thoughtfully infused throughout your stateroom
From 
£120 pp
£60 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Concierge Class
Aft-facing veranda perfect for relaxing. Mesmerizing views as the horizon drifts away.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Concierge Class Stateroom
As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp
upgrade IMAGE

PROMO! 
Sunset Veranda Stateroom
Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
From 
£80 pp
£40 GBP pp

Please see our Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions that apply to offers made under the Celebrity MoveUp programme.

Important Information
Celebrity Cruises is not obliged to accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises.

Offers are made on a per-person basis, and based on double occupancy. Only the first and second passenger on the reservation will be charged if an upgrade offer is accepted. Single occupancy guests will pay 200% (double) the chosen bid amount.

If we accept your offer, the upgrade amount paid is final and refundable only in limited circumstances. The upgrade does not effect existing promotions on the reservation. Guests will keep the same amenities they have on their current booking.

Celebrity Cruises cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. Your cabin number will depend on space availability and cannot be changed.

Successful bids will be upgraded to a standard or Accessible stateroom in their selected Stateroom category, subject to availability. Upgraded staterooms cannot be exchanged once the upgrade is complete and the upgraded stateroom has been allocated.

Captains Club Loyalty scheme points will be based on the stateroom category at time of booking, not the upgraded stateroom.

For more information about your booking Terms and Conditions, click here

For more information about our Privacy Policy, click here

RCL Cruises LTD
Celebrity Cruises
Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands
Weybridge, Surrey, KT130NY
United Kingdom
0344 493 2084
customerserviceuk@celebritycruises.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

Pre-Paid Gratuities will be automatically be adjusted to cover the upgrade cost for your new category.
For more information on Pre-Paid Gratuities, click here.

Celebrity Cruises

#CELEBRITYCRUISES   Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Follow us on Youtube   Celebrity Cruises Instagram

UNSUBSCRIBE

This is part of the email, each promo has an upgrade button, the other part of the email talks about bidding 

I have never been offered a fixed price upgrade. Only the MoveUp Bid option.

Good for  you! 

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

You can’t see it very well on the email I’ve posted, but under each category it says Upgrade Now, there was a separate button earlier on in the email that said Bid for an upgrade now, it certainly makes it seem they are 2 different things?

Maybe they were suggesting that “now” would be a good time to bid for an upgrade.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1