Anyone booking Captain Club Exclusive Offer for Formula 1

miched

I got this email for the exclusive offer for Captain Club members for the Formula 1 race in Las Vegas.  It requires a minimum of  3 nights at one of the MGM resorts plus a lot of other  fees.  

Being a member of the Captain's Club is starting to pay off with all of these great exciting deals.🤗

Do you think the stay would count towards Captain Club Points?  🙄

I would book it but it interferes with a Celebrity cruise that I have booked with a non refundable deposit and I can’t afford  to lose that.😱 😂

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0591.jpeg

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I'm very curious what the $11K per person cost covers if it is not the hotel stay....  It doesn't seem worth $250 worth of food and drink.

We wondered the same thing. Pretty pricey!

20 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I'm very curious what the $11K per person cost covers if it is not the hotel stay....  It doesn't seem worth $250 worth of food and drink.

To me it reads like it includes 3 days of race tickets with access to the hospitality area. 

Just looked up the price to stay at the Bellagio during the race.  The price per night doesn’t include parking,  resort fees, or taxes.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0592.png

13 hours ago, miched said:

I got this email for the exclusive offer for Captain Club members for the Formula 1 race in Las Vegas.  It requires a minimum of  3 nights at one of the MGM resorts plus a lot of other  fees.  

Being a member of the Captain's Club is starting to pay off with all of these great exciting deals.🤗

Do you think the stay would count towards Captain Club Points?  🙄

I would book it but it interferes with a Celebrity cruise that I have booked with a non refundable deposit and I can’t afford  to lose that.😱 😂

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0591.jpeg

😂😂😂

I like F1 racing and I've thought about going to a race, but it's very expensive and you only get to see a short section of the track.  I imagine it's very hard to get a sense of the overall progression of the race.  It just seems like one of those sports that is best viewed on TV.

• Like 2

We are F1 fans and attend the race at Circuit of the Americas every year, but we live in Austin. Along with friends, that live in Vegas and are big racing fans too, we have been looking into this since the race was announced. None of the stands are in good spots. The hotel rooms that would have good views are basically unattainable. This offer was also not worth it to us. We all decided it was not worth it. I did forward the email to my husband, so that he would have a good laugh. It definitely comes down to priorities, and this isn't as big a priority as the cost for us.

16 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You really must want to see the F1 to spend that kind of money. For just a little more you could spend a week in the Retreat.

I thought the same…

13 hours ago, mnocket said:

I like F1 racing and I've thought about going to a race, but it's very expensive and you only get to see a short section of the track.  I imagine it's very hard to get a sense of the overall progression of the race.  It just seems like one of those sports that is best viewed on TV.

Agree, much cheaper to watch at home too.

Some friends of ours booked an ‘Exclusive behind the scenes experience’ for the Italian Grand Prix a few years ago. It was pricey but offered a ‘small group’ behind the scenes tour early morning on qualifying day and a champagne post race party. The ‘small group’ was 250 and they were herded around very quickly. Strict rules on where they could go to/stand and a commentary that was hard to hear. They were disappointed but still looked forward to the champagne post race party. Another let down. The champagne was very slow in delivery and they kept seeing trays of nibbles empty before getting to them. Entertainment was a loop video of the last three laps of the race….They described it as the ‘biggest none event they had ever been to’…

I think I would prefer to visit Vegas when the Grand Prix wasn’t on… 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, miched said:

After more research it is a bargain compared to some other packages

Here is one at the Wynn

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The Wynn is for two people - The CC is one person. What's the price on the Wynn?

I attended the Grand Prix when it was in Phoenix many years ago. I had a press pass because I was an intern and the editor of the newspaper wanted me to go get "color" for the story the real reporter was writing. I just remember it being very, very loud. The press pass gave me access everywhere. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, a non-fan. 

Edited by Sigyn

7 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

The Wynn is for two people - The CC is one person. What's the price on the Wynn?

They have various packages

The one in post 11 if you look at the first sentence is 1 million dollars for 6 people.  It their ultimate package.

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/experiences/f1

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

5 minutes ago, miched said:

They have various packages

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/experiences/f1

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks! I was curious! I see the cheapest starts at $14K pp and sounds pretty similar to what CC offers. At least they're including four nights of a hotel room included with Wynn. I presume the "access" to the hotel suite that the Bellagio offers once you pay for it yourself will cost a pretty penny. Regardless, ouch. $28K for four nights to see the race. You definitely have to be a big fan. 

My husband is a golfer, not a race fan. He said he could see paying $11K for 1:1 with Tiger Woods for an hour on the golf course and lunch, but not to just watch a PGA tournament with VIP access. 

Edited by Sigyn

F1 Vegas is ridiculously overpriced - I've been to F1 Miami and to Montreal MANY times - I was able to get tix to the Vegas race when they went on presale - $2000 per person for basic Grandstand Seats and it goes WAY up from there - So for 3 people, basic seats and a hotel I was looking at close to 10K - I walked away and think they are out of their minds!

Instead, I'll be flying business class to visit the Pyramids in Egypt, then spend a few days in Israel - And I'll be spending significantly less than just the race tickets- I'm sure it will be a spectacle but its absurd.

Next year I may go to the Monaco Grand Prix and stay on an A\tlas Ocean ship in the Monaco Marina - Such a better and more cost-effective solution

• Like 1