Onboard Marina Now

vlthom

15 hours ago, shepherd really said:

And let's not even start with mizz ore ah.

Being from Missouri, I always point out two things for the UH crowd, I've never heard of the MississippUH river nor have I been to HawaUH. I have heard Australia pronounced many times without the I as well as Julia. I'll bet Julia has been called Julya more than a few times. 

Interesting the way JR says it, maybe one of the sweeping changes he's bringing in. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I have read on another site that there are a ton of kids as much as 15%, mostly teenagers, behaving badly. This is on the Nautica, from Barcelona to Istanbul. 

"many of the kids running around the ship, unsupervised. A group of kids doing cannonballs into the pool, one jumping off the jacuzzi deck. Two boys nearly mowed my 87 year old father in law down."

kids on the  ship are one of the reasons we left Celeb.

Do you see any of that on your sailing?

Only about 10 children on this ship now.

So far they have all been well behaved and not permitted to roam the ship on their own.

it Is summer when families travel so I am not surprised that there are children but pleasantly surprised that they are well behaved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Being from Missouri, I always point out two things for the UH crowd, I've never heard of the MississippUH river nor have I been to HawaUH. I have heard Australia pronounced many times without the I as well as Julia. I'll bet Julia has been called Julya more than a few times. 

Interesting the way JR says it, maybe one of the sweeping changes he's bringing in. 

The new Simply Fewer Vowels program will need it's own thread. 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

But then people would complain it is too early  & they will miss dinner  or something else 😄

Enjoy your cruise  how ever you pronounce it

That’s why Celebrity has shows at 7:00pm And 9:00pm.

we will skip the shows on nights when we have an early excursion the next morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Only about 10 children on this ship now.

So far they have all been well behaved and not permitted to roam the ship on their own.

it Is summer when families travel so I am not surprised that there are children but pleasantly surprised that they are well behaved.

A  few years ago on a Norway cruise   the GM told us there were 40 children onboard

I counted 10 at most  so they must have been hiding someplace

All were well behaved  as  most children on the cruises on O 

There are some Countries  where    the parents seem to think it is OK for children to run amuck on the ship

So far we have missed that group of people

Enjoy your cruise

4 minutes ago, D. B. said:

That’s why Celebrity has shows at 7:00pm And 9:00pm.

we will skip the shows on nights when we have an early excursion the next morning.

What can I say  😉

You probably noticed  that Oceania is not Celebrity

The show is over by 10:15 pm   many people manage to stay up that late 

YMMV

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

What can I say  😉

You probably noticed  that Oceania is not Celebrity

The show is over by 10:15 pm   many people manage to stay up that late 

YMMV

I’m in my 8th. Decade so I’m not as much of a night owl as I was in my younger years.

I like a lot of what Is different between Oceania and Celebrity cruises.

I definitely like O more than Azamara!

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 4:44 PM, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Thanks for posting your trip review!  It takes time to do it while on vacation for sure.  We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in November, on the Marina, and I appreciate the information you shared.  We have recently done three Regent cruises after many on Celebrity, so it will be interesting to compare the two lines.  We tend to just go with the flow and don’t have expectations regarding O vs. R…..I’m like you…hoping to enjoy the trip!  Thanks for all the good info!

Joanie

Joanie.

from some of the posts here Some people have made it sound like Marina was it’s pretty run down and tatty?

I don’t see anything like that. The ship is impeccably maintained and I have no complaints about our stateroom and it’s furnishings.

• Like 4

@D. B.  Thanks for the reassurance!  We are going on this trip with my twin sister and BIL and had to do some strong persuading to get them to move away from Celebrity, so we are hopeful that they will be happy….so it is nice to see a positive response.  Looking forward to the trip so much, not only to travel with them but it has many bucket list items….Istanbul, Jerusalem, Cairo.

and it’s always fun to try a new cruise line.

Joanie

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

@D. B.  Thanks for the reassurance!  We are going on this trip with my twin sister and BIL and had to do some strong persuading to get them to move away from Celebrity, so we are hopeful that they will be happy….so it is nice to see a positive response.  Looking forward to the trip so much, not only to travel with them but it has many bucket list items….Istanbul, Jerusalem, Cairo.

and it’s always fun to try a new cruise line.

Joanie

As O lovers we tried Celebrity Edge last Fall and raced to book 4 additional future Oceania cruises. Hopefully you'll enjoy Oceania as much as we do.

Enjoy 🎶🌻😎🌊

2 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

As O lovers we tried Celebrity Edge last Fall and raced to book 4 additional future Oceania cruises. Hopefully you'll enjoy Oceania as much as we do.

Enjoy 🎶🌻😎🌊

I hate to say we did so many Celebrity cruises that we ended up Elite.  I wish I had that money back!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1