Should i do sushi making?

For background i’m canadian and it costs close to 50.00 for the hour making sushi. Would it be worth it? I have done sushi making before, but close to 20 years ago. Is the sushi chef entertaining? The alternative would be to go to stretch and release.

I signed my daughter up for it.  I asked people on my last cruise and got a positive report.  They suggested not eating breakfast as there is a lot of food and you can't take it with you.  

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We've done it at least 3 times.  It's very worth it IMO, especially considering you get to eat what you make.  It's fun to learn and also enough to feed at least two people.

image.thumb.png.70c6d7c23580bfe7c303d1cd9312750c.png

That looks like chocolate sauce, but probably isn't.  Do you remember what it was?

1 hour ago, moposh said:

That looks like chocolate sauce, but probably isn't.  Do you remember what it was?

Probably “eel sauce”.  Eel Sauce is a traditional Japanese condiment made from a mixture of soy sauce, sake and mirin. 

It basically tastes like a thicker soy sauce with a bit of sweetness.  Very tasty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it's a lot of fun and lots of sushi to eat afterwards.

The class will make you appreciate how much work goes into making a simple sushi roll. Ultimately, it's your decision. Happy sailing.

We did this on the Anthem in March. Had a great time!! And we now make sushi at home! We had so much that I did not eat all of mine. DH forced it all down. So do not eat breakfast that morning. When it was done, we all got certificates for completing the class! The pictures below show the amount of food that you make per person!! IMG_8864.thumb.jpeg.667a7487b2ff990ef4e19b22af542452.jpegIMG_8865.thumb.jpeg.f95af0519c74b6b929313a22e0f82569.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I phoned and they gave me the shorex email so i’ll update if i hear anything. I definitely don’t want to share food with a stranger.

You get to make and eat your own food and nobody shares it.  If you have other friends or family on the cruise with you, you can share it with them afterwards but you did not share it with other people in the sushi class.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

We did this on the Anthem in March. Had a great time!! And we now make sushi at home! We had so much that I did not eat all of mine. DH forced it all down. So do not eat breakfast that morning. When it was done, we all got certificates for completing the class! The pictures below show the amount of food that you make per person!! IMG_8864.thumb.jpeg.667a7487b2ff990ef4e19b22af542452.jpegIMG_8865.thumb.jpeg.f95af0519c74b6b929313a22e0f82569.jpeg

If it was the March 19th sailing my son and Mother in law were possibly there with you.

Here was their combined takeaway container 

image.thumb.png.e9bf5e645d9b5e69cea9d49b4208104d.png

11 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I have no interest in this BUT my hubby might...Do they pair you up if you are solo??

11 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m interested in that as i am going solo. You are able to sign up as a solo so i assumed its fine. Maybe i should phone.

I did the sushi class solo on the Anthem this past January.  They sat me at a table with 7 other people. Each person got their own ingredients and made their own sushi.  On the Anthem they gave us to go containers to take the sushi with us if we wanted to so I took it to share with my husband.  I wouldn't hesitate to do the class solo.

• Like 1