Commodore Club Signature Commodore Drinks

Chart Room Princess

On my recent North Cape cruise on the QV, I decided to sample all seven of the signature drinks for the Cunard Commodores.  I was greatly surprised by my favorite drink as I am generally a fan of manhattans, cognac and bourbon drinks.  I am ranking the drinks here in order of favorite to least favorite:

1. Punch Romaine a La Carpathia

2. Yorkshire Pacesetter

3. Chieftain of the Clan (1st place for presentation)

4. Land of Hop & Glory (2nd place for presentation)

5. All Consuming Passion

6. Commodore's Cure

7. Over the Top

I am attaching photos of each drink to this post.  

What are your favorites of the Commodore drinks?

IMG_2951.jpeg

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2826.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_2889.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Edited by Chart Room Princess
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Chart Room Princess - thank you for sharing you photos. I really wanted to try the Chieftain of the Clan on our QV cruise last week but never quite got round to it - as I was always drinking the Commodore’s Cure! I will be sure to make amends on QM2 in October. Did you think any of the cocktails were better suited to drinking at a particular time of day or the evening? Eg before or after dinner? 

1 hour ago, Kynance said:

@Chart Room Princess - thank you for sharing you photos. I really wanted to try the Chieftain of the Clan on our QV cruise last week but never quite got round to it - as I was always drinking the Commodore’s Cure! I will be sure to make amends on QM2 in October. Did you think any of the cocktails were better suited to drinking at a particular time of day or the evening? Eg before or after dinner? 

I think it’s certainly a personal preference as to what time of the day to try a specific drink. However for me, I prefer the Chieftain of the Clan, Land of Hop & Glory, and Over the Top for the afternoon. The rest I think are appropriate for any time of the day. Also Over the Top and All Consuming Passion feel more appropriate for tropical itineraries.

• Like 2

Time of day to have a drink in the Commodore Club? Anytime. We have a tradition to work a cross word puzzle together when we travel. We continued the tradition in the Commodore Club each afternoon, which is why we never made it to afternoon tea. In the front of the puzzle book I wrote down what I enjoyed: Transatlantic Love Affair, Black Bellini, Ginger Cosmo, Commodore Herbert Jeff, Cornelius Guil??? (Unreadable due to too many of them?) the Rioja, Sancerre, Punch aux Pommes, and Vieus Carrie. The list is dated and noted it was on the QM2. The book is packed and ready for next week when we will add to the list. Thanks again @Chart Room Princess for starting a fun thread.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 9:35 AM, techteach said:

Time of day to have a drink in the Commodore Club? Anytime. Thanks again @Chart Room Princess for starting a fun thread.

Agreed!

We're on the upcoming QE voyage In August from SF to Barcelona through the Panama canal.  I wonder which of the Commodore G&T drinks will be best for preventing malaria?  For medicinal purposes only, of course!    🙂

• Haha 2

Thank you, Chart Room Princess, for the photos. On the QE last week we had the Chieftain of the Clan cocktail. It was indeed an impressive presentation, but I won't have it again. I neglected to have my camera with me so I appreciate the photos.  

We have not tried them all, but my favourite so far is "All Consuming Passion."

• Like 1

@Chart Room Princess 

We are cruising with Cunard for the first time in September. Had decided to do alcohol free, but when I discovered the Commodore Cocktail list, how they are made after the Captains and their history, we rapidly forgot about that idea.

Because of the history,  I chose as the first one we will have same as your first choice, Punch Romaine a la Carpathia

I like all the ingredients separately, will need to see how they feel all combined....

My daughter chose our second choice, the Chieftain of the Clan.

others that appeal to us are the Commodore Cure, All Consuming Passion and maybe Appliqué.... we may just go through the whole list ....we are working out if she will want to get the drinks package or we will take it easy and just drink in the evenings after port days and pay as we go 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry to mention this if you already know it, but the fancy cocktails in the Commodore Club are in the $16 range so they would not be covered by the drinks package.  Two trips ago we had a huge amount of OBC so we splurged on the most expensive one which was about $25.

• 3 weeks later...

I travelled on QE from Melbourne last December and really enjoyed the QE2 cocktail in the Commodore Club.

Since then, I have been on Royal Caribbean utilising their Bionic Bar and then recently on Carnival Splendor where their Alchemy Bar came closest to replicating the QE experience. The bartender on Carnival said that they may add it as an option for a sourer option.

my daughter is very excited about a drink "Pina Chocolada" not just the drink but the container it comes in....it was in one of our emails, I have to admit I am curious about that one too.... I m not generally up for chocolate in alcohol, apart from some Brazilian shots .... but this one we will be trying for sure 🙂

• Like 1

ok, not sure if the pina chocolate is something available in Commodore, or if it comes in that container, we just found this article and looking closer, it could be any other drink... is this one

the article is in verge magazine, photos of some of Cunard's cocktails" it is an interview with (in their own words)

"Cunard’s resident mixologist extraordinaire, and first female President of the UK Bartenders Guild, Claudia Carrozzi, shares why we are in the golden era for cocktail drinkers."

suppose it would be ok to link, but will wait for @Host Hattie s confirmation.  🙂

QV-Pina-Choco-lada-070-Large-387x580.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrTee said:

Does the CC serve other, “normal” drinks as well?  I prefer something like a simple g and t. 

They do indeed. A simple drink or liqueur will be served quickly. The complicated cocktails can take a long time to be prepared. On my two most recent voyages it was 15 to 20 minutes for the commodore cocktails.

1 hour ago, DrTee said:

Does the CC serve other, “normal” drinks as well?  I prefer something like a simple g and t. 

Yes, also treat yourself to a late morning hot chocolate while staring at the view from the CC. Worth it…

• Like 3