Willdra's Heavenly Carnival Horizon Apr. 29-May 7 Cruise Review

willdra

14 hours ago, willdra said:

Our next destination was Little Havana. We had an hour and 45 minutes there. We stopped at a restaurant where we got free samples of Cuban coffee. That Cuban coffee was everything that I didn't know I needed. I felt my whole life coming together after the first few sips. It was so good. I felt like I could solve all of the world’s problems and then walk home to GA after that one little cup. I see what the Cuban’s are so happy about.

i-FK3nbxB-L.jpg

Next time you're on another Vista-class ship, head to the Havana Bar in the morning and have some of their Cuban coffee! My fave is the Cortadito, espresso whisked up with a little sugar and milk. That teensy tiny little cup of jet fuel will absolutely rocket you through the rest of your day!! 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, willdra said:

1st Sea Day

We got to sleep in this day because we were going to the Diamond Luncheon at 11:15. Thanks to my brother from another mother  Jamman54, and his many informative reviews, I had an idea of what to expect. I also knew that we didn’t want to miss it, and I was not wrong. I'm getting better at this being right thing. Please tell W.

I opened my eyes around 9, saw that we had a message from BG looking for us, answered it,  then fell back asleep. I also changed my alarm from 10 to 10:30. Because Lazy. W didn’t even stir while all of this was happening. He was enjoying the quiet bliss of finally getting his earplug situation sorted. Goody. 

We jumped up around 10:30 and got dressed. We were only going down to Deck 3, which was convenient. We were ready around 11. When we got down there, we saw the sign for the soiree and were permitted in. There was a for real crew member at the door turning people away. We didn’t need our invitations to get in tho. The door guard saw my sail and sign card and waived us in. It was open seating and we picked a table in the back center-ish. This was my first time in this elite gathering, and I wanted to be able to see everything. As soon as we were seated we got menus. It was a small menu but there were good choices. Another couple sat with us and we liked them instantly. We hit it off talking about our past,  present, and future cruises. It was nice to get their perspective on some places that were on our bucket list. We placed our orders when the servers came around, then the bar service began.

i-8tZtt89-L.jpg

i-HjZCDb5-L.jpg

i-sSTG25F-L.jpg

Wildra, I was really excited to see another Wildra Word Shenanigans Cruise review--I read your last one and loved it (yes, I am a Wildra newbie). Then I realized this cruise is over and I missed the whole dang thing! Well crap. Oh well, on the bright side, I have 9 more pages to snort, guffaw (how unladylike), giggle, almost choke on my drink and generally just smile a lot. Your humor just is in tune with mine, I guess. Irreverent in the best possible way. You rock! Hopefully next time I will be "on board" with you when YOU are onboard. OK, now back to new-to-me old news. Yay.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

BRAVO!!! Well done once again. I hope and pray that we get to cruise together again sometime in the near future! 😁

Thank you Jazzy Jeff! I will be stalking your signature to see if W and I can cruise with y'all again! 🥰🥰

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, georgiacat said:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful trip.  I enjoyed every minute without leaving home.  Keep up the good work.

Thank you God for Wildra.

Thanks for joining us! ❤️❤️❤️

8 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Another amazing review! Thank you so much for taking us along on your adventures again. Looking forward to your next one already ❤️

Thank you for hanging out with us! 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

Another fantastic Willdra review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation with us! 🙏❤️

Thank you so much for reading it. This really means a lot to me! 😘😘

5 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Fantastic and witty as always ! We loved the Horizon. We also loved the junkanoo bus in Aruba ! 
I too hope we find ourselves on a cruise with you guys somewhere in the future ! I am thinking for our March cruise, of coming into Fort Lauderdale, just to take the Miami tour ! You made it look fun ! LOL 
Congratulations on making Diamond ! 

Thank you❤️! Yes, definitely do the Miami tour if it works out. We had fun, and our tour guide was fabulous! He taught us a lot that we did not know prior to the tour. It was absolutely worth it for us. Especially since our alternative was squatting in the airport like some vagrants for a full day. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, markmbsc said:

Another amazing review!! I'm on the Horizon for 2 weeks in November for my birthday.

Thank you🙏🏽! She's a beautiful ship, you are gonna love her. I wrote another review on her a few years ago. There *should be* more ship pictures/info in that one. The link is in my signature, in case you want to check it out. 😉

3 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

Next time you're on another Vista-class ship, head to the Havana Bar in the morning and have some of their Cuban coffee! My fave is the Cortadito, espresso whisked up with a little sugar and milk. That teensy tiny little cup of jet fuel will absolutely rocket you through the rest of your day!! 😁

I am adding this to my notes for our next cruise! Thanks for the tip! 🥰🎉🎉

32 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Wildra, I was really excited to see another Wildra Word Shenanigans Cruise review--I read your last one and loved it (yes, I am a Wildra newbie). Then I realized this cruise is over and I missed the whole dang thing! Well crap. Oh well, on the bright side, I have 9 more pages to snort, guffaw (how unladylike), giggle, almost choke on my drink and generally just smile a lot. Your humor just is in tune with mine, I guess. Irreverent in the best possible way. You rock! Hopefully next time I will be "on board" with you when YOU are onboard. OK, now back to new-to-me old news. Yay.

Welcome Aboard! It's never too late to join us and our antics! 🤪

I still have a Carnival Celebration review to post. I will be back with it as soon as I get through the 1.2 million pictures that we took! 🫣 

I'll post the link here as soon as I get started. 😊

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Willdra, I have a question.  And if it’s too personal, please feel free to tell me so.  Or just ignore it…

You are so engaging with your fans and readers on Cruise Critic and you (at least seem to) enjoy the interactions.  However, in your trip reports, it seems like you stick with W and your immediate party and don’t engage too much with other guests on the ship.  Is that accurate?  Or do you tend to make new friends on your cruises and you just don’t talk about them when you write?

I think I was almost as sad for your cruise to end as I am on my own cruise ends lol! Glad you had a great time!

My daughter and I (she was maybe 15 / 16 at the time) did the bus tour in Aruba and Carlos was our guide- he was a blast! Funny because we were originally just going to go to the beach but she always complains about what I pick so I let her pick - she picked this tour. I did not want to go - at.all. But I didn't show it - I smiled and happily signed us up. It ended up being a blast and we loved the island so much that 2 years later when she graduated high school she chose Aruba for her graduation trip- which was also a blast. 

We haven't cruised Carnival since 2021 - but we have taken 4 NCL cruises since then - 2 in the Haven - which, come on, that's the life! Anyway, even though we love NCL and have switched over, we do have a CCL cruise on the Mardi Gras for September that apparently I had booked in 2021 lol! Forgot until I got that payment notice lol!

I am excited to sail on her. Not about the ports, but for the ship and we have booked a Havana Cabana and I know it will be fun. I am looking forward to it.

I have to say - NCL brings the comfort but Carnival brings the fun. 

I love NCL for the comfort, the food, and included package benefits like the alcohol package and the Haven etc. But I have missed the people from Carnival. The staff is great on both lines but I have missed the Carnival passengers and people on this message board. I am looking forward to the Mardi Gras!

So for the hijack. I was trying to say in a very long-winded way, that reviews like yours and the friendly people on the message board and on board the ship and what I do love about Carnival. I will be hungry and maybe sober, but I will have fun lol!

Thank you for taking the time to write another great review!

• Like 4

Thanks again for another fun, spectacular review! It’s made me even more excited for our cruise on the Horizon next spring break. It will be our first time trying out the Havana area & our first time on a Vista class ship.

We are going on the Celebration next Saturday- can’t wait! (Maybe your review will come out before we leave 🤔😁

• Haha 1

So this is weird...I was up in Charlotte, NC and a couple walked up to me asking me if I knew where something was.  I swear they looked like W and Willdra!  I stared for a second and said "are you on Cruise Critic" which they looked at me like I had two heads and said no.  The woman's hair was different (yellow tips) but I thought, hey maybe she changed up the color.  But no, not you two.

Doppelgangers I tell you....

Thanks for another wonderful review!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, tradewinds traveler said:

I looked to your review every evening. Thank you & hope you both cruise real soon so we can have again great adventure with you!

Awwww thanks! Your wish is my command.  Stay tuned, I do have another review coming out soon! 🥰

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, gotscrapz said:

I think I was almost as sad for your cruise to end as I am on my own cruise ends lol! Glad you had a great time!

My daughter and I (she was maybe 15 / 16 at the time) did the bus tour in Aruba and Carlos was our guide- he was a blast! Funny because we were originally just going to go to the beach but she always complains about what I pick so I let her pick - she picked this tour. I did not want to go - at.all. But I didn't show it - I smiled and happily signed us up. It ended up being a blast and we loved the island so much that 2 years later when she graduated high school she chose Aruba for her graduation trip- which was also a blast. 

We haven't cruised Carnival since 2021 - but we have taken 4 NCL cruises since then - 2 in the Haven - which, come on, that's the life! Anyway, even though we love NCL and have switched over, we do have a CCL cruise on the Mardi Gras for September that apparently I had booked in 2021 lol! Forgot until I got that payment notice lol!

I am excited to sail on her. Not about the ports, but for the ship and we have booked a Havana Cabana and I know it will be fun. I am looking forward to it.

I have to say - NCL brings the comfort but Carnival brings the fun. 

I love NCL for the comfort, the food, and included package benefits like the alcohol package and the Haven etc. But I have missed the people from Carnival. The staff is great on both lines but I have missed the Carnival passengers and people on this message board. I am looking forward to the Mardi Gras!

So for the hijack. I was trying to say in a very long-winded way, that reviews like yours and the friendly people on the message board and on board the ship and what I do love about Carnival. I will be hungry and maybe sober, but I will have fun lol!

Thank you for taking the time to write another great review!

Thanks so much for this perspective. I've never really thought about sailing on NCL, but this has me looking at them differently! Who knows, maybe there will be a Willdra NCL review from us in the future. 😜

• Like 1