Bottled water on a package

HarR

On past cruises we used to be able to order large bottles of (non-sparkiling) water using our signature beverage package at the various bars. It seems they changed the rules to bottles under 400 ml.

Looking at the bar menus it seems only canned water (12oz.) would qualify, and the rest is over the 400 ml (14oz.) limit.

Anyone can share their recent experiences. Anything else but the 12oz. canned water on offer that would be charged against the package?

I am aware of the water taps and the fact the water in your stateroom is drinkable.

Thanks

Harry

I like the big bottles of Aqua panna from the dining room to carry back to my cabin and have always been able to get them at dinner with no additional charge.  Anywhere else I have not been able to get around it. Please post if you try this and it still works.

9 hours ago, HarR said:

On past cruises we used to be able to order large bottles of (non-sparkiling) water using our signature beverage package at the various bars. It seems they changed the rules to bottles under 400 ml.

You are correct. Large glass bottles were indeed covered in 2019 but not now.

"Anyone can share their recent experiences. Anything else but the 12oz. canned water on offer that would be charged against the package?"

My experience is a B2B over this past new years. Our favorite beverage stewards would see that we were winding up our night in the Crows Nest and would bring a couple cans of water by unasked! (We had HIA and he could see that we had not reached 15 drinks apiece.) However we found the canned water quite flat in taste and left several cans on the desk!

There is a current post on this board relating the experience of asking for a bottle of water and getting one and being charged for it. The bartender was just being literal, as the only bottle would be larger and not covered by the pax package.

Edited by crystalspin

6 hours ago, oakridger said:

Aren't the cute little bottles of Perrier included in the drink packages?

I believe they are but on the Rotterdam in May no bars had them.  In fact, we had trouble getting sparkling water in any bar and was lucky to sometimes get soda water.

Trouble with the cans is they can't be resealed and are next to useless for taking off on shoreex.

Edited by aussiedisneyfan
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Aren't the cute little bottles of Perrier included in the drink packages?

image.png.460ca227d68e495a7910f589edbcae34.png

~Nancy

Oops sorry about the large picture!

Yes, they are.  I’ve had them on several of my cruises without charge.  I assume that’s what the poster was talking about when they said mini bottles but I’ve been wrong before.

• Thanks 1