Pre-boarding safety video emails, please stop!

frayedend

My Inbox right now:

Important Information: Norwegian Cruise Line Pre-Boarding Safety Video

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So sorry that this has happened to all of you. It is, however, strange to have this complaint given the number of people who were here just last weekend beating up NCL for "poor communication". 

Perhaps when people take personal responsibility and don't use "I never got an email" as an excuse things like this can stop. Until then, why not just set an inbox rule to auto-delete any emails with "Norwegian Cruise Line Pre-Boarding Safety Video" in the subject line?

Gotta be a better solution than to hope that a post here will make them stop.

21 minutes ago, Agent999 said:

So sorry that this has happened to all of you. It is, however, strange to have this complaint given the number of people who were here just last weekend beating up NCL for "poor communication". 

Perhaps when people take personal responsibility and don't use "I never got an email" as an excuse things like this can stop. Until then, why not just set an inbox rule to auto-delete any emails with "Norwegian Cruise Line Pre-Boarding Safety Video" in the subject line?

Wait, so you think because there was some unrelated thread about communication issues, that I had to have seen it and had the same complaint.  Then you figured I posted this just to contradict the last complaint?  LOL

FWIW I did not see any thread about poor communication.  I don't see an issue venting a bit on a board dedicated to the cruise line.  You figure someone at NCL said, "hey, they are complaining about not enough communication, let's spam the crap out of them." for revenge?

Lastly, I'm not looking for a solution. I was looking for some camaraderie from fellow cruisers, who may have been having the same experience.  I got that from the first few replies. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, frayedend said:

My goodness, I've gotten the same email, telling me to review the pre-boarding safety video, over 7 times in the past 2 days.  And yes I clicked the link to view the video.  They must have a bad algorithm.

I guess I’m lucky, I board on Sunday and today was the first one I got. I’m expecting many more though based others experiences. 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, omahabob said:

This is almost certainly related to the web site issues they're experiencing.

Idk, I've gotten lots of emails when checking in ever since they switched, even during times when their website was fine a couple years ago

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frayedend said:

My goodness, I've gotten the same email, telling me to review the pre-boarding safety video, over 7 times in the past 2 days.  And yes I clicked the link to view the video.  They must have a bad algorithm.

It is “normal” for each guest to receive 3 reminders. If everyone uses the same email, you’re the lucky winner of all notifications. 

It has nothing to do with any web site problems. 

Edited by BirdTravels

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is “normal” for each guest to receive 3 reminders. If everyone uses the same email, you’re the lucky winner of all notifications. 

It has nothing to do with any web site problems. 

My wife booked the cruise.  I use my own email and the only reason I think I get emails is because I added the cruise in my NCL iPhone app.  But I have gotten 7 repeat emails.  Funny thing is my wife also forwarded me the email in case I didn't get it. :)

11 minutes ago, omahabob said:

I didn't get three reminders at the same time. They were spread out over a period of time, and they stopped after I viewed the video.

I was wondering if they had some way to know you clicked the link.  But I clicked it and left it playing on YouTube a few times and still got new emails.

I had to watch it all the way through to the end. It wouldn't allow me to fast forward. I can't remember if there was some kind of acknowledgement at the end. It kept sending emails to my wife, because she hadn't yet watched it. Don't think either of us got more than three messages. This was part of online check-in, mind you. Watching it outside of check-in won't stop the messages.

Edited by omahabob

When we cruised last year we received the video multiple times before both our cruises, I think because they no longer have in person muster drills they send it many times in hopes that everyone will watch it at least once.   I'm expecting start receiving reminders next week for our July 9th cruise. 

8 hours ago, frayedend said:

There is this really cool feature in every email client where you can click a link to delete email...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, omahabob said:

I had to watch it all the way through to the end. It wouldn't allow me to fast forward. I can't remember if there was some kind of acknowledgement at the end. It kept sending emails to my wife, because she hadn't yet watched it. Don't think either of us got more than three messages. This was part of online check-in, mind you. Watching it outside of check-in won't stop the messages.

I watched it during check in a couple weeks ago and I got more of the emails today. Doesn't stop it for me.

Because repeat crap is much more irritating than original crap. Some of us don't get all that crap in our inboxes, and would like to keep it that way. Just because you put up with crap doesn't mean other people want to. And it wasn't dramatic, though you seem to be tipping it that way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

@omahabob, thanks!  It was really a lighthearted gripe post.  I wasn't really that upset, just making a point and engaging folks on here because, well, that's why we read message boards.

@MoCruiseFan Thanks so much.  I didn't know about that feature. Now to delete the eleventy billion emails in my inbox.  Appreciate it.

Edited by frayedend
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Agent999 said:

Okay, I gotta laugh at your last line.  Only because since I posted here, well, I haven't received another email.  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3