Getaway 2024 Bookings Missing

Mizunosport

1 hour ago, Joanne G. said:

And the cruise my friend and I are booked on is/was scheduled to sail out of Southhampton and end in Copenhagen.   With incredibly bad timing, we booked our flights the day before this thread was started.   I haven't found any alternative on any cruise line that would fit into that schedule!  And London and Copenhagen aren't particularly convenient combined as a land vacation.   Thankfully, we'll be able to change flights without a change fee, but we will pay current fares.  Nothing to do but wait.  Very frustrating.  

That’s the cruise I wanted to book. Loved it ended in Copenhagen 

I only see Getaway booking availability up to January 2024 (plus Nov/Dec 2023).  All greyed out after that (all the rest of 2024).  Wife is booked in February.  Hope it's a glitch that they are fixing..

2 hours ago, DuckTollerFans said:

The only cruises we had cancelled in the past were because of COVID which was a completely different situation than this.  What kind of credit etc do they typically provide? Discount etc?

For the spirit cancellation we got a 10% on any cruise and a 20% on spirit sailings. 

I saw another 10 sailings get deleted and a few price drops added today. Hope they’re working on stuff!!! 

On 7/4/2023 at 2:43 PM, omahabob said:

From entries seen in other threads here, it appears even more likely this is due to the server issues they've been having ... Not a good summer to work in IT at NCL.

Whether it's a good summer at their IT ops or not, that's not my / our problems and theirs to own ... and promptly fix / restore.  You meant like that planned, briefed overnight scheduled system maintenance about a week or two ago.  Granted, we don't know for sure and not going to absolutely rule out that possibility at this moment.  

It has been, lately, pretty reasonable to conclude that NCL's communications has been poorly executed and done, annoying and not helping themselves.  "Heads" would/could/should be rolling and expert tech support called in 24/7 to fix and/or restore it competently ... until it is 98.5% functional again.  Too easy to fingerpoint the "other" department(s) as someone else's failure and to remain silent, acting as if the rest of the "universe" aren't paying attention.  

FYI for others looking at the Getaway 10 Days Bermuda & Caribbean cruise out of NY - the Jan 27 to Feb 6, 2024 is now gone, no longer on NCL's portal.  Was just looking at it earlier, waiting for our friends to clear their calendars as they plan to use their CAS voucher (as one of the few listed options.)  That is NOT a glitch as some would like to believe otherwise. It's more than probably being cancelled for ... whatever reasons, whether it's a charter, dry dock and ship being redeployed, doesn't matter.  

Of course, there is also a possibility that cyber hackers are in their system having fun re-arranging the fleet's deployment schedule ahead, short of taking down the system ... okay, just kidding and making fun of this.  It's not funny and just because it's early July and folks are on vacation & away.  Miami, is there a problem or what ?? 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Whether it's a good summer at their IT ops or not, that's not my / our problems and theirs to own ... and promptly fix / restore.  You meant like that planned, briefed overnight scheduled system maintenance about a week or two ago.  Granted, we don't know for sure and not going to absolutely rule out that possibility at this moment.  

It has been, lately, pretty reasonable to conclude that NCL's communications has been poorly executed and done, annoying and not helping themselves.  "Heads" would/could/should be rolling and expert tech support called in 24/7 to fix and/or restore it competently ... until it is 98.5% functional again.  Too easy to fingerpoint the "other" department(s) as someone else's failure and to remain silent, acting as if the rest of the "universe" aren't paying attention.  

FYI for others looking at the Getaway 10 Days Bermuda & Caribbean cruise out of NY - the Jan 27 to Feb 6, 2024 is now gone, no longer on NCL's portal.  Was just looking at it earlier, waiting for our friends to clear their calendars as they plan to use their CAS voucher (as one of the few listed options.)  That is NOT a glitch as some would like to believe otherwise. It's more than probably being cancelled for ... whatever reasons, whether it's a charter, dry dock and ship being redeployed, doesn't matter.  

Of course, there is also a possibility that cyber hackers are in their system having fun re-arranging the fleet's deployment schedule ahead, short of taking down the system ... okay, just kidding and making fun of this.  It's not funny and just because it's early July and folks are on vacation & away.  Miami, is there a problem or what ?? 

There’s been rumors the Getaway will be replacing the Spirit in Australia. That deleted itinerary lines up with Australias cruising season…

1 minute ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

There’s been rumors the Getaway will be replacing the Spirit in Australia. That deleted itinerary lines up with Australias cruising season…

I have a cruise for January 28th-February 9th in Australia. No excursions have been posted and no updates from the cruise line

39 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Whether it's a good summer at their IT ops or not, that's not my / our problems and theirs to own ... and promptly fix / restore....

I'm confused. Where did I suggest it was our problem?

26 minutes ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Interesting info, to say the least ... agreed, that's possible.  Perhaps, NCL is trying to figure out how soon they need to start the repositioning and kickoff the Aussie season with a bigger ship and to fill the cabins.  If that's the scheme, I can see another GA sailing or two (out of NY) being cancelled after the holiday ones.  That will leave a big hole for NY / Northeast, taking out the one and only remaining ship for this upcoming winter.  I know, some folks "disliked" sea days and the cold outdoors sailing out of and returning to NY in the colder months and now, their "wishes come true" - wanna sail NCL, fly or drive, amtrak (or, Greyhound ... gosh, good brief 😁 😬 🤔 hell, no)  - go south & catch up in Florida, cause not seeing anything out of Baltimore either. 

Let's have fun & play the guessing game, deal or no deal - wild & absolutely unsupported guesses or speculations only - not even rumors based ... since NCL has 2 ships this winter based out of Port Canaveral alone, the Escape and Epic doing donuts ... in addition to Miami and Tampa, maybe and just maybe, NCL will turn things upside down further & bring one or the other ship back up to NY in January, quick & easy & do the selling.  Just a quick check on the Escape schedule, they can just leave her in NY and cancel those booked to sail out PC this winter.  Crazy wild ideas, more (un)happy cruisers - sooner they decide & announce the change with positive spins, the better ... me think.  

15 minutes ago, omahabob said:

I'm confused. Where did I suggest it was our problem?

Relax & chill out, BTW welcome to CC.  Should've inserted extra Emojis with the assorted sarcasm and humor, poking fun out of the worsening situation with ship schedules ahead - we aren't abandoning the fleet, not yet but preparing to jump across the berth to other lines this winter ... got 3 cruise terminals to choose from in the NY-NJ area, all within and less than 60+ minutes of driving unless it's a weekday, the convenience of not flying.  For others that planned way ahead, hotels & airline tickets booked - even if insured & covered for changes and cancellations, just not nice ... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Interesting info, to say the least ... agreed, that's possible.  Perhaps, NCL is trying to figure out how soon they need to start the repositioning and kickoff the Aussie season with a bigger ship and to fill the cabins.  If that's the scheme, I can see another GA sailing or two (out of NY) being cancelled after the holiday ones.  That will leave a big hole for NY / Northeast, taking out the one and only remaining ship for this upcoming winter.  I know, some folks "disliked" sea days and the cold outdoors sailing out of and returning to NY in the colder months and now, their "wishes come true" - wanna sail NCL, fly or drive, amtrak (or, Greyhound ... gosh, good brief 😁 😬 🤔 hell, no)  - go south & catch up in Florida, cause not seeing anything out of Baltimore either. 

Let's have fun & play the guessing game, deal or no deal - wild & absolutely unsupported guesses or speculations only - not even rumors based ... since NCL has 2 ships this winter based out of Port Canaveral alone, the Escape and Epic doing donuts ... in addition to Miami and Tampa, maybe and just maybe, NCL will turn things upside down further & bring one or the other ship back up to NY in January, quick & easy & do the selling.  Just a quick check on the Escape schedule, they can just leave her in NY and cancel those booked to sail out PC this winter.  Crazy wild ideas, more (un)happy cruisers - sooner they decide & announce the change with positive spins, the better ... me think.  

There have been so many changes- my gut says the Australia cruising season will be given to the Getaway. The spirit will relocate to Taiwan after Alaska is done and all of her sailings will be cancelled 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

There have been so many changes- my gut says the Australia cruising season will be given to the Getaway. The spirit will relocate to Taiwan after Alaska is done and all of her sailings will be cancelled 

I'll "call" the odds are better than / higher than 50:50 to bring a bigger ship down under - will be "summer" for them.  Mid sized Spirit will do fine doing a mix of short & medium length runs in Southeast Asia and Taiwan ... Hong Kong is trying to appeal & attract other cruise lines to return to and make HK a regular port of call (although, I am not convinced b/c at the first hint of another pandemic or serious public health outbreak (again) - like another round of SARS and/or Covid - they'll likely slam shut their ports of entries, airports & rails, etc.)  

Our TA friend still hasn't got the scoop from her sources in the industry as their "partners" so it's all still under wraps high up in the corner executive suites. 

FYI for others, just managed to do a booking for one of the remaining GA sailing out of NY next January, let's see how that go - using just a CND to hold it, final payment isn't due until September ... let's see what happen next ... 🙄   Going to be interesting, to say the least. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

I'll "call" the odds are better than / higher than 50:50 to bring a bigger ship down under - will be "summer" for them.  Mid sized Spirit will do fine doing a mix of short & medium length runs in Southeast Asia and Taiwan ... Hong Kong is trying to appeal & attract other cruise lines to return to and make HK a regular port of call (although, I am not convinced b/c at the first hint of another pandemic or serious public health outbreak (again) - like another round of SARS and/or Covid - they'll likely slam shut their ports of entries, airports & rails, etc.)  

Our TA friend still hasn't got the scoop from her sources in the industry as their "partners" so it's all still under wraps high up in the corner executive suites. 

FYI for others, just managed to do a booking for one of the remaining GA sailing out of NY next January, let's see how that go - using just a CND to hold it, final payment isn't due until September ... let's see what happen next ... 🙄   Going to be interesting, to say the least. 

Sorry if I left this out- I thought every one knew. Spirit will be cancelled after April 2024 through the end of 2025 due to being rented to a chartering company based out of Taiwan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

I'd be fine with that.  Send BA and GA far away.  Bring Spirit to East Coast of US.

Oh, except one issue.  Prices beyond ridiculous on any ship for suites or higher.  Last minute insides decent though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Welcome to CC.  You are one busy beaver here.

Retired from IT, so....

1. Spend a lot of time on the computer.

2. Get bored a lot.

3. Excitement hasn't worn off.

4. Lots of fine folk here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

Score one for Omaha....

Only because I've been there and done that. I suspect NCL has ETL systems for their database similar to the ones I worked on. We used to see issues like this all the time with upgrades and system merges. They didn't usually last this long though.

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

... Send BA and GA far away.  Bring Spirit to East Coast of US.  Prices beyond ridiculous on any ship for suites or higher.  Last minute insides decent though.

Hahaha ... I was worry that they would dispatch the old Epic north from her winter port, prices for the Escape & her out of PC looked pretty cheap, suites & Haven aren't of course.  You gonna to fly out here & considering hopping onboard, how about those good old balconies ... let's see if I can find one of the secret angled ones for a decent price, while the DoubleUP promo is still running.  No other choices and doesn't look like the Spirit or Gem, etc. will be back this winter.   That was funny making silly guesses yesterday. 

• Like 2