Getaway 2024 Bookings Missing

Mizunosport

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I'm still showing dates in all of Jan., Feb., even March 2024.

NCL still has Feb thru June 2024 grayed out for me as of a few minutes ago. The first cruise missing is the 2nd half of our B2B! I hope it's not cancelled!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, peg013 said:

NCL still has Feb thru June 2024 grayed out for me as of a few minutes ago. The first cruise missing is the 2nd half of our B2B! I hope it's not cancelled!

Same for me.  I reached out to my PCC also and she was as confused as me.  She said my reservation is still showing as active and she hasn't heard anything about changes in the Getaway's itinerary.

Still hoping it's a glitch that will get straightened out soon.  We'll all have very empty ships if no one else can book the cruise!  LOL!

I don't think any NCL employee is going to release information before NCL is ready for it to be released. They can't just tell you your cruise is cancelled without having info on any follow-up action which is probably what they are figuring out.

I was going to cancel a Nov cruise with a similar Caribbean portion of the itinerary but will wait to see what happens with this one. I still have a couple of weeks before final payment is due on the Nov cruise.

Edited by reeinaz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I don't think any NCL employee is going to release information before NCL is ready for it to be released. They can't just tell you your cruise is cancelled without having info on any follow-up action which is probably what they are figuring out.

Excellent point.  As frustrating as it is, my friend and I just going to wait for official word of cancelation or change of ship, or for our cruise to reappear as available for booking.  

1 hour ago, Beach Life 1 said:

Where are you seeing this?

Ditto.  Not seeing anything for the GA listed for Feb & March 2024 on NCL's booking site and one of our friends that do lots of cruise-tour booking confirmed the same, unable to lookup anything for upcoming winter/early Spring 2024 for the Getaway.  

Jan 27 to Feb 6th is the last cruise currently available for booking, it's a 10 days itinerary out of NY ... 

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Ditto.  Not seeing anything for the GA listed for Feb & March 2024 on NCL's booking site and one of our friends that do lots of cruise-tour booking confirmed the same, unable to lookup anything for upcoming winter/early Spring 2024 for the Getaway.  

Jan 27 to Feb 6th is the last cruise currently available for booking, it's a 10 days itinerary out of NY ... 

This is so upsetting.   If all these cruises are cancelled,  there will be no Caribbean Cruises out of NYC for the winter.  I wish NCL would just acknowledge what is happening.  There is no way this could be a glitch for weeks.  😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beach Life 1 said:

This ... If all these cruises are cancelled,  there will be no (NCL) cruises out of NYC for the winter.  ... There is no way this could be a glitch for weeks.  😞

TA friend of mine said she's busy booking clients on the Carnival Venezia this winter and surprisingly (not) - booking for suites are "selling" out quickly with final payment not due in a while.

For the past decade+ ... NCL has one of the *Away class plus mid-sized Gem/Jewel/Dawn class ships running different donuts out of NY, more or less year-round, plus the extra TA and repo runs.  GA's holiday sailing this December are likely going to be sold out & sailing full+ on double occupancies (as they always do)   There isn't much choices for April as I'm only seeing repo & eastbound TA coming thru, no donut runs to Bermuda until May ... could be NCL's wicked strategic plans to drive up pricing & demand, and not giving away last minute bargain cabin prices just to fill up the ships ??  I dunno and unlikely for NCL to acknowledge anything or come clean to acknowledge it, maybe at the next quarterly earnings call with investors.  

Meanwhile, NCL Alaska on sale this season/year with some ships reported sailing at well below capacity and air travel this summer being a mess, FAA air traffic issues aside and United's ongoing flight CX for technical reasons hitting some of the their hubs hard, and of course, issues with EU and - what a nice gift that Frankie left for Harry & company to takeover and run ... more like fumbling.  

"Innovative Replacement" was the buzzword 2 weeks ago on their corporate PR news release.  Afterall, they are still testing to see whether Starlink is a good match on the Breakaway (or, are they done) before SLOWLY rolling out to 4 additional NCL ships, including the soon to sail inaugural Viva, currently still doing sea trials, before year's end (or, is it sometime in 2024) 

I don't think this is a "glitch" in their system or IT error, rather a "deliberate" & planned move ??  NCL seemed to be pinning their hopes on leasing some of the ships on full charters.  Gem is spending the winter down in Florida with Boston as the new homeport by next April.  Leaving the Joy doing the Bermuda runs, out of NY next May ...  Maybe, their operations team just decided to halt some of it and trying to shift their ships around on short notice and will launch a better scheme soon that is sensible, and, bring back the "new" entertainment showcase - one can hope and dream, right, LOL 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 12:03 PM, mking8288 said:

From entries seen in other threads here, it appears even more likely this is due to the server issues they've been having. The lookups that you do, that travel agents do, and even that NCL reps do, all operate off the same database. A recent system merge is still resulting in missing and inaccurate data in multiple places in that database filtering out to user interfaces, both on and off the web site. Not a good summer to work in IT at NCL.

12 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Last time I saw cruises disappear from the site- they were cancelled. I’d hold off on booking fights. 

Agree!! Calling/chatting with them is a total waste of time as they are just as much in the dark as we are or just working from a script.

Now that holiday is over I’m anticipating some kind of announcement within the next week. 

1 hour ago, njkate said:

Agree!! Calling/chatting with them is a total waste of time as they are just as much in the dark as we are or just working from a script.

Now that holiday is over I’m anticipating some kind of announcement within the next week. 

My TA who has been with NCL for 10 years didn’t know my cruises were being cancelled until I got the email… insane!! 

• Thanks 1

Sorry in advance,  if this is a stupid question, but if the Getaway is cancelled, are five months of sailings  out of NYC just gone, kaput, not replaced with any other ships or cruises?  I can't believe NCL would want to lose five months of cruise revenue.  I've never experienced this before,  so I don't know how it works when NCL  cancel cruises.  

48 minutes ago, Beach Life 1 said:

Sorry in advance,  if this is a stupid question, but if the Getaway is cancelled, are five months of sailings  out of NYC just gone, kaput, not replaced with any other ships or cruises?  I can't believe NCL would want to lose five months of cruise revenue.  I've never experienced this before,  so I don't know how it works when NCL  cancel cruises.  

Could be charters, they canceled almost two years of Spirit sailings to deploy it to Asia for charters. They aren’t going to lose 5 months of revenue, they fully know what’s happening with Getaway just haven’t shared with booked passengers yet.

In the end we all end up paying for all the FCC handed out by higher prices 

• Like 3

If past behavior is indicative of future, these sailings are cancelled or significantly adjusted. You just have to wait for your official release. For anyone with nonrefundable air, etc, better to secure a booking with a refundable deposit on Carnival Venezia, just in case. Sad you would have to do that, but this is how NCL behaves over and again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

NCL used to pretty much have an exclusive out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal during fall/winter months to the Caribbean. Carnival Italian Style with cruises longer than 7 days (Journey Cruises) on Carnival Venezia has tripped up NCL. MSC out of Brooklyn provides additional competition during the same period. Good for customers bad for NCL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrieBajan54 said:

NCL used to pretty much have an exclusive out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal during fall/winter months to the Caribbean. Carnival Italian Style with cruises longer than 7 days (Journey Cruises) on Carnival Venezia has tripped up NCL. MSC out of Brooklyn provides additional competition during the same period. Good for customers bad for NCL.

also dont forget about Royal across the river doing cruises out of Bayonne/Cape Liberty 

1 hour ago, njkate said:

Could be charters ... (or, maybe) deploy it to Asia for charters. They aren’t going to lose 5 months of revenue, they fully know what’s happening ... In the end we all end up paying for all the FCC handed out by higher prices 

Searched for GA's upcoming dry dock schedule, given the timing for the Joy's refurb ... maybe NCL is going to bring the GA into the shipyard and do some work, and, possibly use the repo to "shuttle" some of their crews around the world, rotating between assignments & vacation leaves, etc.  Just purely speculating and speculating, Google and my AI partner "Bard" not coming up with anything, yet.  Apparently, the GA is still listed for using Dockyard, Bermuda next February thru April - FWIW

Good point about we all end up paying higher prices.  

56 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

If past behavior is indicative of future, these sailings are cancelled or significantly adjusted. You just have to wait for your official release. For anyone with nonrefundable air, etc, better to secure a booking with a refundable deposit on Carnival Venezia, just in case. Sad you would have to do that, but this is how NCL behaves over and again.

Venezia looks interesting, different brand & different onboard experience and price-wise, very competitive and lower than NCL (did a quick mock balcony booking for 2) for winter itinerary with a stop in Miami en route, that's better - IMHO - than a midday stop at Port Canaveral.   Interesting trip report by @shof515 (thanks & nice review) over at the Carnival forum w. photos, worthy of a quick read ... and, seeing other familiar NCL cruisers from CC hovering over there.  This could be a strategic move that turn out to be costly for NCL - plus, MSC & Princess joining well established Royal ships sailing out of nearby Cape Liberty, NJ. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Except I’m sailing out of Barcelona. I’ve been checking for other options for mid to late June so I can keep my flights over there. Not going to secure flights home until I know more ☹️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Venezia looks interesting, different brand & different onboard experience and price-wise, very competitive and lower than NCL (did a quick mock balcony booking for 2) for winter itinerary with a stop in Miami en route, that's better - IMHO - than a midday stop at Port Canaveral.   

i love the Venezia 12 day Southern Caribbean cruises that goes to St Croix, Barbados, St Lucia. I wish Norwegian had similar itinerary like this. These ports is soo much better then the current Caribbean ports on what used getaway itinerary .looking forward to going to these ports next year onboard the venezia  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

This could be a strategic move that turn out to be costly for NCL - plus, MSC & Princess joining well established Royal ships sailing out of nearby Cape Liberty, NJ. 

We are using Emerald Princess out of Brooklyn NY this fall. Expecting something different...maybe not as good Broadway shows, but thankfully no laser tag, go karts, waterslides consuming acres of open deck space. 4 freshwater pools, too. All at a very competitive price point.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mizunosport said:

Except I’m sailing out of Barcelona. I’ve been checking for other options for mid to late June so I can keep my flights over there. Not going to secure flights home until I know more ☹️

And the cruise my friend and I are booked on is/was scheduled to sail out of Southhampton and end in Copenhagen.   With incredibly bad timing, we booked our flights the day before this thread was started.   I haven't found any alternative on any cruise line that would fit into that schedule!  And London and Copenhagen aren't particularly convenient combined as a land vacation.   Thankfully, we'll be able to change flights without a change fee, but we will pay current fares.  Nothing to do but wait.  Very frustrating.