"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

9 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

To the older lady who was on Deck 6 or 7 around 9:00pm (7/19/23) taking pictures of people’s children in elevators, and then posting those pictures to Facebook, you’re weird and creepy! 

11 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Just curious.  How do you know she's posting them online? 🤔  Is she commenting on their behavior or just pictures?

See above.

And 'their behavior' - @travelinteacher88 commented this same older lady YELLED at her children for sitting at a table. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

See above.

And 'their behavior' - @travelinteacher88 commented this same older lady YELLED at her children for sitting at a table. 

Yeah, she's probably just very annoyed by the kids and taking pictures to show how they're acting. She probably shouldn't be cruising in the summer. Still, how do you know she's posting the pictures?

Just now, Purplsmurf said:

Cold, cloudy sea days in July doesn’t make me feel too good about our sea days in October. We plan to spend all of our sea days by the pool, but may need to come up with a plan B.

Yes, plan B for sure!  We have been on several October Hawaii cruises and the weather has been the same until you get close to the islands.

The captain does have a thick accent, but we have confirmation from an officer that he said “several” and in fact the response is proactive given the small number (2 confirmed) of cases.

It is obvious from the crowd levels that there are not 700 people in quarantine. 

Overall, this has been a lovely cruise. I only wish the pool (and the theater) were heated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Just curious.  How do you know she's posting them online? 🤔  Is she commenting on their behavior or just pictures?

From what I understand, this particular group of children were sitting against the wall waiting for an elevator (sitting because one child had a headache and felt dizzy) and I guess she thought that was rude and told the kids she was going to take their pictures and post it to Facebook. I don’t believe it was a behavior issue, but even if it were, it’s creepy that she would take pictures of people’s children and posting them online. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

From what I understand, this particular group of children were sitting against the wall waiting for an elevator (sitting because one child had a headache and felt dizzy) and I guess she thought that was rude and told the kids she was going to take their pictures and post it to Facebook. I don’t believe it was a behavior issue, but even if it were, it’s creepy that she would take pictures of people’s children and posting them online. 

I agree it's odd but there are lots of odd people on cruises. I cruise a lot and rarely have problems with the kids. It's almost always their parents that are annoying.

My question that nobody is answering is how do you know she's posting online?

If she is then identifying her would be easy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

I agree it's odd but there are lots of odd people on cruises. I cruise a lot and rarely have problems with the kids. It's almost always their parents that are annoying.

My question that nobody is answering is how do you know she's posting online?

If she is then identifying her would be easy.

Sorry, I didn’t address that, she told the girls she was going to post a picture of them sitting on Facebook 

3 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

Sorry, I didn’t address that, she told the girls she was going to post a picture of them sitting on Facebook 

Okay. She should not be cruising in the summer or Christmas. Kids will be kids. The longer the cruise the wilder they get.

Wish my parents would have brought me a on cruise.  We always went camping. 🏕  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Okay. She should not be cruising in the summer or Christmas. Kids will be kids. The longer the cruise the wilder they get.

Wish my parents would have brought me a on cruise.  We always went camping. 🏕  

I agree! Hopefully she never sails with carnival 😵‍💫

• Like 1

11 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

To the older lady who was on Deck 6 or 7 around 9:00pm (7/19/23) taking pictures of people’s children in elevators, and then posting those pictures to Facebook, you’re weird and creepy! 

It wasn’t me but it was reported that teenagers were laying down in the elevator and refused to move to let people in.  Passenger services sent security to look for them.  There have been some wild teenagers roaming this cruise.  Some thought it was fun to play ding dong ditch and run off laughing.

10 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

It wasn’t me but it was reported that teenagers were laying down in the elevator and refused to move to let people in.  Passenger services sent security to look for them.  There have been some wild teenagers roaming this cruise.  Some thought it was fun to play ding dong ditch and run off laughing.

I did hear about this too, for sure wasn’t the same group of kids

9 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

We have had teenagers running up and down our hallway at midnight on several nights.  We are looking forward to our November Med/TA cruise on the Enchanted, no kids.  🥺

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, travelinteacher88 said:

I did hear about this too, for sure wasn’t the same group of kids

I spoke to the woman.  There was one group of teenagers not allowing people on the elevator.  She took their picture to share with passenger services, not to share online.  She had asked them to move because people were waiting for elevators and they just pushed the door close button.   You are just stirring up trouble where there was none.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

I spoke to the woman.  There was one group of teenagers not allowing people on the elevator.  She took their picture to share with passenger services, not to share online.  She had asked them to move because people were waiting for elevators and they just pushed the door close button.   You are just stirring up trouble where there was none.

Are you the woman? Perhaps you’re speaking of someone else! Thanks! 

I just tried the brown flour pizza, my 1 to 10 scale below.

Regular Pizza-       8+

Brown flour-     minus 5!

Tasted like cardboard!  Yuck!  😬

They have drained the pools down by two feet.  Probably due to the sloshing water (is sloshing a real word?).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chamima said:

What is a "throw cushion cover"?

The covers on the pillows that are on the couch or possibly bed used for decoration.  They usually have a zipper for easy removal and cleaning.  Yay.  I'll be on the emerald soon.  

Edited by lolane1

1 hour ago, travelinteacher88 said:

Are you the woman? Perhaps you’re speaking of someone else! Thanks! 

I am not the person who took the picture but it sounds like you heard this from one of the teenagers and got a whitewashed story.  There is more about the incident and more witnesses in a different cruise group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have never gotten that notice!  I wonder how often they are washed?  Ewww

I know, as soon as we board we stuff them under the bed and tell our room steward to leave them there for the duration of the cruise.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

I am not the person who took the picture but it sounds like you heard this from one of the teenagers and got a whitewashed story.  There is more about the incident and more witnesses in a different cruise group.

Not a “whitewashed” story.  Taking pictures of peoples underage children is weird and creepy and then threatening to post on facebook makes it even more weird. If you or the “lady” in question  have an issue, I’d love to speak with you and her. Feel free to reach out to me privately and I’ll give you my cabin number. In the mean time, leave people’s children alone. Period! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, travelinteacher88 said:

Not a “whitewashed” story.  Taking pictures of peoples underage children is weird and creepy and then threatening to post on facebook makes it even more weird. If you or the “lady” in question  have an issue, I’d love to speak with you and her. Feel free to reach out to me privately and I’ll give you my cabin number. In the mean time, leave people’s children alone. Period! 

This must be the teacher in you.  Always a children advocate.  It never goes away, even when you are retired.  Good for you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travelinteacher88 said:

This story simply doesn't pass the "smell test".

How old are these "children"? Are they actually teenagers? If you contact Security with the time/ place, and express your concern, I'm sure that they can review CCTV footage and tell you what is true.

Meanwhile, you are describing an event you didn't witness, and may be surprised at what you learn.

I've taught high schoolers for 40+ years and know that even really nice kids can be devious occasionally. I've also witnessed incidents where angry parents refused to watch a security video of their child's actions because it would prove that they had been deceived.

• Like 2