Carnival Cruise Line’s Great Vacation Guarantee 2023?

gkbiiii

Is "Carnival's Cruise Line’s Great Vacation Guarantee" still valid in 2023?

Ben Souza's May 20, 2017 article reviews key perimeters of the program.

"How does Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee work?

You can change your mind for any reason within 24 hours of leaving the port of embarkation if you are not satisfied with the cruise experience.

Guests Services on board will arrange complimentary transportation for the you to fly home or back to the port of embarkation, if the you drove.

You will receive a refund equal to 110% of the cruise fare.

If you rebook within one year, you will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit." Ben Souza

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-cruise-lines-great-vacation-guarantee/#:~:text=Carnival Cruise Line offers the greatest guarantee by,happy within the first 24 hours of embarkation.

When looking for the cancellation penalties, by coincidence I read in the cruise ticket contract that they discontinued the Great Vacation Protection:

Section 8 (j) Guest hereby acknowledges and agrees that Carnival’s “Great Vacation Guarantee” program has been suspended and that Guest is not entitled to any benefit thereof

Edited by RobertL88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

It sounds like a policy that was ripe for abuse. 

I would love to have a conversation with whomever was responsible for administering that program. 

I have heard, it was not invoked that often. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobertL88 said:

When looking for the cancellation penalties, by coincidence I read in the cruise ticket contract that they discontinued the Great Vacation Protection:

Section 8 (j) Guest hereby acknowledges and agrees that Carnival’s “Great Vacation Guarantee” program has been suspended and that Guest is not entitled to any benefit thereof

Well I hope Venezia issues are resolved by Sept 🙄

10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I have heard, it was not invoked that often. 

I attended a Carnival conversations round table in the past where this was discussed, the amount of times that it was used was surprisingly few.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Perhaps if we the public, demand it back on social media, Carnival will reinstate the program? 

Demands always get optimal results.  My understanding is that the suspension was due to covid.  Based upon current financial situations, and extreme demand of their product right now, I doubt it would be reinstated for a good while.  Curious as to why anyone who has cruised with them has any interest.

Edited by jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Demands always get optimal results.  My understanding is that the suspension was due to covid.  Based upon current financial situations, and extreme demand of their product right now, I doubt it would be reinstated for a good while.  Curious as to why anyone who has cruised with them has any interest.

With all the recent fights and problems with the NYC based ship, I think they need this.

Just now, gkbiiii said:

With all the recent fights and problems with the NYC based ship, I think they need this.

I have not read any recent reviews, but certain home ports have different clientele, just part of the reality.  While I have no dog in this fight,  Nothing has changed with the New York home port, these things get blown way out of proportion.  I have sailed many cruises on many lines and the worst fight I saw was between two women on a Disney cruise. I would highly doubt that the cruise line would even honor it if it were in place because of what people cruising act like animals.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which issues are those?

Been quite a few reports of it being uncomfortably warm & humid, lack of ice and too many physical altercations. If conditions are really bad, it can ruin a vacation. 

• Haha 1

It was created in response to the Triumph and suspended during COVID restart, not reinstated afterwards. Right now Carnival is selling every room they have available, when/if they have another disaster like the Triumph or Concordia then they may reinstate the guarantee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1