Rotterdam - Hide and Go Seek

81Zoomie

On 7/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, 81Zoomie said:

Our flight from AMS was scheduled to depart at 1pm.  Three days ago DH went on the Schipol website and booked the latest security timed appointment which was 9:45 - 10am and preordered an 8:45 Uber.  We selected Gray color tags and were off the boat at 8am.  Self disembarkation started about 7:30am.

Taxi pickups are straight out and to the left.  Ride share and private pickups are at the “Meeting Point” to the right.  It was pretty congested out front. It appeared tours and transfers were out the back toward the pier.  The sidewalks, like most of Amsterdam and Norway are spaced bricks.  They are not the most conducive for rolling bags over.  We were lucky to have a nice weather day.  Other than an umbrella or two, there is no shelter out front of the terminal if it is raining.

This is so helpful!  Thank you for sharing your experience with disembarkation!  I think I'm going to cancel our HAL transfers and plan to do self-disembarkation, grab an Uber, and head straight to the airport.

Thank you for sharing insights from your trip!  It was so enjoyable to follow along, and I'm looking forward to getting on the Rotterdam in a couple of weeks!

• Like 1

@81Zoomie, thank you very much for the great info!

We will be boarding Rotterdam in about 30 days. It will be first time on Rotterdam, and I am particularly looking forward after reading your comments.

Thank you also for the easy and entertaining style of your comments! The info goes down much better when brought up in such a fun way! 🙂

Edited by JoieNsk

1 minute ago, JoieNsk said:

@81Zoomie, thank you very much for the great info!

We will be boarding Rotterdam in about 30 days. It will be first time on Rotterdam, and I am particularly looking forward after reading your comments.

Thank you also for the easy and entertaining style of your comments! The info goes down much better when brought up in such a fun way! 🙂

Glad you enjoyed it.  Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, VMax1700 said:

Too late to edit post but be aware that you can now book a time slot for security at AMS

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/timeslots/

Thanks for this info @VMax1700!  Does Schiphol also have priority security lanes for airlines with business/first class passengers?

By the way, I'll be in your neighborhood next May on the Zuiderdam TA!  We'll be docked at Cobh.  My first time in Ireland!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Thanks for this info @VMax1700!  Does Schiphol also have priority security lanes for airlines with business/first class passengers?

By the way, I'll be in your neighborhood next May on the Zuiderdam TA!  We'll be docked at Cobh.  My first time in Ireland!!

~Nancy

Yes, AMS does have priority lanes for those flying at the pointy end. 😉

May is a lovely time to visit Ireland.  I may even be in Cobh that day if we are back from our Nieuw Statendam cruise to the Canary Islands.

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

@VMax1700 I'll be there on May 21, 2024.  If you are around, I'd love to buy you and your wife a libation of your choice at a local pub!

Apologies for the thread hijack @81Zoomie!  I have loved reading your posts!

~Nancy

I have the date in my diary!  

Also apologies to @81Zoomiefor the hijack!

10 hours ago, mebruch67 said:

@81Zoomie, do you happen to remember about how many Dressy nights there were on your cruise?  My itinerary for the Rotterdam next week is listing every night as Smart Casual, but that can't be right.

Thanks! 

I was on the same cruise as @81Zoomie and we had 3 dressy nights. Ours was a 14 night cruise.